Wrestling Thread Mar 15-21 | 3/21 TNA Destination X - Styles vs Abyss | Angle vs Anderson

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

God forbid you do anything outside of the WWE.

Of course, The Miz is going to everyone is going to vote off Brian, but they will keep him around, and then he'll get on a winning streak.

But any juice Brian had will be dead by that point.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think vince is doing this just to F w/ bryan's fans

There are NO redeeming qualities with Heath Slater.

The fake reactions backstage from Christian and Carlito
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

God forbid you do anything outside of the WWE.

Of course, The Miz is going to everyone is going to vote off Brian, but they will keep him around, and then he'll get on a winning streak.

But any juice Brian had will be dead by that point.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think vince is doing this just to F w/ bryan's fans
Nah, willing to bet the storyline will end with Bryan winning the US Title or simply just beating Miz.

There are NO redeeming qualities with Heath Slater.
I don't know why but I can't STAND that *$$%+.
laugh.gif
Him and that dumb +@+ dance he does is annoying as hell.
Originally Posted by NobleKane

thatis tna's own fault. you go head to head with wwe what do you expect???they should have atleast started at 8 so they would have one hourunopposed. or better yet 7 and then eased on in an hour more.

That seriously is like a homeless man saying he is too good for a dollar
We can finally agree on something.

They should have started at 8 IMO.

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the Botchamania vid...

Where's my dude retrogear at? I'm surprised homie didn't say anything about Batista punking that wimpy +@+ dude.

iLL I AM wrote:

thatis tna's own fault. you go head to head with wwe what do you expect???they should have atleast started at 8 so they would have one hourunopposed. or better yet 7 and then eased on in an hour more.

That seriously is like a homeless man saying he is too good for a dollar
We can finally agree on something.

They should have started at 8 IMO.

I dont think the start time is as big a deal as the lack of promotion for TNA. Jan 4th was promoted very well and drew very well. And that is without pulling alot of viewers from Raw, Now they've moved to mon night but they are half-@$$ing the advertising. I dont see any commercials for TNA other then during TNA. You could put on the greatest wrestling show in the world but if no one watches it won't matter.

just my $0.02

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

What's the story with Lance Storm?
Storm sent this e-mail to Meltzer

Just listening to WrestlingObserverRadio and have to say this.

I think Ken Anderson has been so GOD AWFUL on promos it's a channel changer for me.

His promo last week with angle actually made me turn the show off after Angle's awesome promo, and this week he talked forever in his first promo and I could not have possibly cared less.

He is doing the flippant Too Cool for School goof ball character, which in my opinion is the worst possible character. He makes light of absolutely everything as if it doesn't matter than ultimately it ends up not mattering.

Last week after Kurt was so hot at him for spitting on the USA and Dead Soldiers, Anderson came out with this goofy who cares flippant personality. HOW does that draw money? He treated it like a joke and thus it became one.

This week his promo with Christy went on forever and I ended up not having a clue what he was talking about, but when you go back and look he actually talked about laying out Kurt, spitting on America and going after a title tonight (TWO MAJOR ISSUES) yet finished off flippantly talking about fighting gorillas to the point we forgot his issue with Kurt and his title match with Rob. Almost a textbook example of a BAD promo.

Then they bury the Kurt program even deeper by having Anderson cut another ****ing promo while Kurt stands behind him for over a minute with a chair. If Kurt gave a flying **** about Anderson laying him out or spitting on America why didn't he hit him right away rather than waiting for a minute for the comedy pop of watching Kurt stand behind him while Anderson was unaware.

This show was horrible and Anderson's character and promo work are ATROCIOUS. Yes he talks well but he buries the entire program with the way in which his talks and carries himself. He is my least favourite character on the show and that covers a lot of ground because this entire show SUCKS.

Also I can't believe no one pointed out that Anderson was KILLED by one chair shot (yes Bryan pointed this out) BUT Abyss was hit with 3 or 4 and was still on his feet later in the show. I could book a better show with a WEEGEE board.

Lance

Originally Posted by MBlackmon

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

What's the story with Lance Storm?
Storm sent this e-mail to Meltzer

Just listening to WrestlingObserverRadio and have to say this.

I think Ken Anderson has been so GOD AWFUL on promos it's a channel changer for me.

His promo last week with angle actually made me turn the show off after Angle's awesome promo, and this week he talked forever in his first promo and I could not have possibly cared less.

He is doing the flippant Too Cool for School goof ball character, which in my opinion is the worst possible character. He makes light of absolutely everything as if it doesn't matter than ultimately it ends up not mattering.

Last week after Kurt was so hot at him for spitting on the USA and Dead Soldiers, Anderson came out with this goofy who cares flippant personality. HOW does that draw money? He treated it like a joke and thus it became one.

This week his promo with Christy went on forever and I ended up not having a clue what he was talking about, but when you go back and look he actually talked about laying out Kurt, spitting on America and going after a title tonight (TWO MAJOR ISSUES) yet finished off flippantly talking about fighting gorillas to the point we forgot his issue with Kurt and his title match with Rob. Almost a textbook example of a BAD promo.

Then they bury the Kurt program even deeper by having Anderson cut another ****ing promo while Kurt stands behind him for over a minute with a chair. If Kurt gave a flying **** about Anderson laying him out or spitting on America why didn't he hit him right away rather than waiting for a minute for the comedy pop of watching Kurt stand behind him while Anderson was unaware.

This show was horrible and Anderson's character and promo work are ATROCIOUS. Yes he talks well but he buries the entire program with the way in which his talks and carries himself. He is my least favourite character on the show and that covers a lot of ground because this entire show SUCKS.

Also I can't believe no one pointed out that Anderson was KILLED by one chair shot (yes Bryan pointed this out) BUT Abyss was hit with 3 or 4 and was still on his feet later in the show. I could book a better show with a WEEGEE board.

Lance

Whoa, didn't know about this. I thought Anderson's shot at him was because of Lance Storm's review of TNA that was posted last week. Makes sense now.

My dude said "WEEGEE" board.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Never thought I'd say this but I sort of miss the 6 sided ring.
nerd.gif
Watching that Daniels vs. Joe vs. Styles match on Epics made me realize how much damn space they had to pull off crazy #!*%. Not only is their 4 sided ring on the small side...but that heightened ramp doesn't help things either.
smh.gif

well it's been known that Lance Storm has always hated on TNA. and although hes a great wrestler, he should be the last person to talk about entertaining promos.

Originally Posted by chino905

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

Also, Paging GWO, can I get in on this? Drew McIntyre available?
I think "Gotholesinmysocks" took Drew a few weeks ago. You can pick another person, and I'll provide you the sig.
Ah damn! Oh well, seeing as I don't want to keep guessing names, you think you could just hit me up with the current roster if it isn't too much trouble?
Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

so yeah whattup with gwo? I think I asked before but is Ted Dibiase Jr. taken?

This a a reference for the list of all gWo Members. Note: I went through the list and deleted the ones who are inactive. So go through the list if you want to change people.

Mister916 - Chris Jericho
chino905- Bret Hart
masterhammy23 - The Undertaker
AquaGrape2345 -Kevin Nash
ao17 - Edge
USA Pride4Life - Ted DiBiase
gstbmn- Mick Foley
Mblackmon- Booker T
Jules300- Taz
nyzMaGician- Rob Van Dam
TheDeek- John Morrison
DC5 06- Randy Orton
JohnnyRedStorm- Jeff Hardy
The Minister- Ric Flair
Quiickz- New Jack
Mr Dragon Fly Jones- Kurt Angle
HardWork919-D-Lo Brown
22stylez- HHH
I Na Smatic I- Chris Benoit
basketballsavant-Rick Rude
Physicx- Funaki
jdkurt2- Brian Pillman
mjmoney- Hulk Hogan
furiousstylezz- Sabu
maelstroom- Eddie Guerrero
Tennhouse2- Shawn Michaels
Je Ne Sais Quoi- Moppy
100PROOF- Desmond Wolf
YardFather- Dolph Ziggler
funkdoctor73- Tommy Dreamer
MambaMVP- John Cena
horchata kid- Jushin "Thunder" Liger
JayADiCt92- Stone Cold Steve Austin
WILLINC- M.V.P.
Retrogearsolid- Mr.Perfect
BayBuryYa- Elijah Burke
ovATyME316- Homicide
Bowzer Blitz- Rick Martel
shaft- Christian Cage
JRAdagreat72- Terry Funk
ElCubanoDel510- Ultimo Dragon
TeamCharisma69-Brock Lesnar
ILL matic E- Scott Steiner
The Warehouse- Kane
Michaelfoooo- Taka Michinoku
AirUpHere23- Sting
xxxoverridexxx- Doink the Clown
SoLeCity- Ultimate Warrior
NIMO007- La Parka
KrazyChino- Muhammad Hassan
TaflanDon- HBK (D-X version)
JCH3- Road Dogg
Raffy53- The Hurricane
CelticsPride34- The Sandman
GotHolesInMySocks- Drew McIntyre

If that's Sr.(Million Dollar Man) I'll take Jr. (Dreamstreet) If its Jr. I'll take Sr. lol.

Also, Paging GWO, can I get in on this? Drew McIntyre available?
I think "Gotholesinmysocks" took Drew a few weeks ago. You can pick another person, and I'll provide you the sig.
Ah damn! Oh well, seeing as I don't want to keep guessing names, you think you could just hit me up with the current roster if it isn't too much trouble?

so yeah whattup with gwo? I think I asked before but is Ted Dibiase Jr. taken?

This a a reference for the list of all gWo Members. Note: I went through the list and deleted the ones who are inactive. So go through the list if you want to change people.

Mister916 - Chris Jericho
chino905- Bret Hart
masterhammy23 - The Undertaker
AquaGrape2345 -Kevin Nash
ao17 - Edge
USA Pride4Life - Ted DiBiase
gstbmn- Mick Foley
Mblackmon- Booker T
Jules300- Taz
nyzMaGician- Rob Van Dam
TheDeek- John Morrison
DC5 06- Randy Orton
JohnnyRedStorm- Jeff Hardy
The Minister- Ric Flair
Quiickz- New Jack
Mr Dragon Fly Jones- Kurt Angle
HardWork919-D-Lo Brown
22stylez- HHH
I Na Smatic I- Chris Benoit
basketballsavant-Rick Rude
Physicx- Funaki
jdkurt2- Brian Pillman
mjmoney- Hulk Hogan
furiousstylezz- Sabu
maelstroom- Eddie Guerrero
Tennhouse2- Shawn Michaels
Je Ne Sais Quoi- Moppy
100PROOF- Desmond Wolf
YardFather- Dolph Ziggler
funkdoctor73- Tommy Dreamer
MambaMVP- John Cena
horchata kid- Jushin "Thunder" Liger
JayADiCt92- Stone Cold Steve Austin
WILLINC- M.V.P.
Retrogearsolid- Mr.Perfect
BayBuryYa- Elijah Burke
ovATyME316- Homicide
Bowzer Blitz- Rick Martel
shaft- Christian Cage
JRAdagreat72- Terry Funk
ElCubanoDel510- Ultimo Dragon
TeamCharisma69-Brock Lesnar
ILL matic E- Scott Steiner
The Warehouse- Kane
Michaelfoooo- Taka Michinoku
AirUpHere23- Sting
xxxoverridexxx- Doink the Clown
SoLeCity- Ultimate Warrior
NIMO007- La Parka
KrazyChino- Muhammad Hassan
TaflanDon- HBK (D-X version)
JCH3- Road Dogg
Raffy53- The Hurricane
CelticsPride34- The Sandman
GotHolesInMySocks- Drew McIntyre

If that's Sr.(Million Dollar Man) I'll take Jr. (Dreamstreet) If its Jr. I'll take Sr. lol.

Hit me up with CM Punk please.

Smackdown!
Spoiler [+]
Spoilers: WWE SmackDown Tapings – 3/19/2010

Date Added: March 17, 2010
Story By: Marc Middleton
- Thanks to Prowrestling.net for the following:

* Rey Mysterio opened the show and said he couldn't get the image of his crying daughter out of his mind. He said he doesn't want a normal match at WrestleMania. Rather, they are going with street fight rules for his match with C.M. Punk. However, Punk came out and said that if Rey touches him before WrestleMania, he won't get the street fight. If Mysterio beats Luke Gallows, the match is official. If not, he must join the Straight Edge Society.

* Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger defeated Matt Hardy and MVP when Ziggler got the pin.

* Drew McIntyre vs. The Undertaker and The Cutting Edge with Chris Jericho as guest is announced for tonight.

* Beth Phoenix and Tiffany vs. Michelle and Layla. Beth pinned Michelle. Vickie came out afterwards. Can't hear her, crowd is booing so loud. Vickie want apology. Beth does but it isn't good enough for Vickie. Next week it is Beth vs. Vickie.

* Cutting Edge with Edge and Chris Jericho. Jericho comes out with his rookie. Edge says they have been playing a game of chess and Edge will make the last move - spear. Jericho thinks Edge is still hurt from his injury. Jericho says one more injury will end Edges career. Edge dares Jericho to make a move. Jericho doesn't so edge attacks. Edge spears Wade the rookie but then gets the codebreaker. Jericho then steps on Edge's leg and holds up the title.

* John Morrison and R-Truth beat Hart Dynasty. Crowd really loves Truths intro. Quick match.

* Mysterious vs. Gallows. Rey almost got counted out. At the end, Rey did 619 and went for springboard but Serena pushed him off. Gallows pinned Rey. Afterwards, Rey beat the hell out of gallows while Punk calmly watched.

* Undertaker pinned McIntyre quickly. While Taker posed on the ramp in victory, HBK jumped him and superkicked him. Shawn then mocked Takers pose to end the show.

Going to tune in to Smackdown for sure this week.

News & Notes

Full details on this week's RAW and iMPACT ratings.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WWE RAW did a 3.71cable rating last night off hours of 3.68 and 3.73 and averaged 5.60million viewers, an overall increase of 10% in viewership from lastweek. RAW's first hour (which drew 5.57 million viewers) was the mostviewed first hour since August 4th, 2009, while hour two (5.63 millionviewers) was the most viewed second hour since the January 4th RAW.

TNAiMPACT! did a .84 cable rating off hours of .88 and .80 and averaged1.1 million viewers, an overall decrease of 21.4% in viewership fromlast week. iMPACT! opened with a .84. In a very troubling sign for TNA,the AJ Styles vs. Jeff Hardy main event was the lowest rated segment ofthe entire show with a .72 with the overrun doing a .74. Keep in mindthough that the match went head-to-head with a Bret Hart-VinceMcMahon-Steve Austin contract signing on RAW.

OTHER NOTES:

--Monday's TNA iMPACT! rating of .84 is the lowest rating for iMPACT!since November of 2006. Back then, Impact was airing in a late-nightThursday timeslot, not in prime-time.

-- Not a single quarterhour segment of iMPACT! reached the 1.0 mark. The highest rated segmentwas the fourth quarter hour (9:45PM ET-10PM ET) which featured theBeautiful People, Hulk Hogan calling out Sting, and RVD appearing. Thesegment drew a .96. It's probably worth noting that the BeautifulPeople were also in one of the highest rated segments of iMPACT! lastweek.

-- After the .96 in the fourth quarter hour, every segmentdropped in the ratings all the way up to AJ Styles vs. Jeff Hardy doinga show-low .72. The overrun saw a slight increase up to a .74.

-- TNA lost 15% of the audience they opened with, going from a .87 opening quarter hour to a .74 for the overrun.

--Sources say SpikeTV and TNA were aware that this week's rating would bedown due to Austin's WWE return on the road to WrestleMania. Thisnumber hasn't come as a shock to them.
[/font]

Dixie Carter comments on the iMPACT rating.

TNA President Dixie Carter made a post on Twitter Tuesday afternoon regarding iMPACT's rating from Monday night.

"Althoughits classic David v Goliath, 1 stone will not bring down our giant, itsa different day. It'll take time & commitment, we have both," shewrote.

It should be noted that Carter's statement was issued atabout 1PM EST Tuesday, so it is unclear how much ratings informationshe had at the time of the statement.

Tentative plans for Wrestlemania 26's announce team and opening match.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- The plan rightnow is for Jim Ross, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler to announceWrestleMania with Todd Grisham, Matt Striker and Josh Matthews doingbackstage interviews.

- As of this week, the decision stillhadn’t been made whether John Cena vs. Batista, Undertaker vs. ShawnMichaels or Edge vs. Chris Jericho would be the last match atWrestleMania. The Unified Tag Team Title match is currently scheduledto open the show with Money in the Bank going on second. Vince McMahonvs. Bret Hart would likely go somewhere in the middle of the card. Ofcourse, all of this is subject to change.
[/font]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What's there to think about?
eyes.gif
Put HBK vs. Taker on last.[/color]

Update on Samoa Joe and his status in TNA.

Forthose wondering the whereabouts of Samoa Joe from TNA television, I'mtold he hasn't been at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida forthe last several TNA Impact tapings. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff like Joe's in-ringwork but "hate" his look and have told him to lose weight.

Apparently Joe isn't happy about being kept off TV but from what Iunderstand everyone is in agreement regarding his look. If Joe losesweight and gets in shape he's tabbed for a big main event run much likeAbyss is getting right now.

Hogan and Bischoff both understand the need to develop new stars andare interested in several names currently on the TNA roster.

Early booking plans for the conclusion of NXT.

Thevery early booking plans call for Daniel Bryan to win a Raw contractand David Otunga to win a Smackdown contract from this first 16-weekseason of NXT. Brett DiBiase and Kaval (Low-Ki) are on tap to replacethem in the second season, as of now, if they decide to keep the restof the NXT crew on the show.

Why John Morrison's ankle injury storyline was dropped.

JohnMorrison's ankle injury storyline was dropped right after theElimination Chamber PPV because it was done originally as a way to haveShawn Michaels enter the Chamber match in Morrison's spot to eliminatethe Undertaker, before they went with plan B and just had himinterfere. They didn't want to have Michaels win the title and didn'twant him to have to get pinned, so they just decided to drop the angle.

No Christian vs. Randy Orton feud after Wrestlemania?

Christianvs. Randy Orton after Wrestlemania was planned earlier before the anglewith Legacy was altered to build up Orton as a babyface. Officialsaren't really pleased with the direction the Legacy angle has gone, sodon't be surprised if it changes a few times before it all plays out.

Money in the Bank match to stay at 9 competitors?

The original plan for Money in the Bankwas reportedly to run it with 8 men. They changed it to 9 in order toaccommodate the Drew McIntyre storyline, and on Superstars Michael Colesaid the match would have 10 superstars in it. Now there has been talkagain of leaving it at nine men.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Just so we're clear, Drew McIntyre will be in the match. He was never dropped from it.[/color]

TNA officials confident Hardy will beat charges.

TNAofficials seem to be confident Jeff Hardy will be found "not guilty" onfelony drug charges later this month as they have signed him to acontract. Hardy worked the January 4th Impact on a per-show deal butworked last week's TVs under a contract. [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The terms of thedeal have not been disclosed, but TNA officials are asking for roughly100 dates over 12 months.
[/font]
Hardy was telling people how happy he was to be in TNA last night andhis significant other Beth Britt has formed a good friendship with TNApresident Dixie Carter.

Furthermore Hardy is happy to be working with his good friend ShannonMoore (who signed a contract earlier this month with TNA as well). [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It’s believedthat they will appear on most of the same shows together. There was talk of pairing the two as a tag team, but the company seems to begoing in a different direction. [/font]Thefeeling is Shane Helms will join them in TNA once his 90-day noncompete clause expires from his WWE contract.

Hardy will stand today on trial on drug charges in his home state of North Carolina.

Backstage reaction to RVD joining TNA not entirely positive.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After months ofintense negotiations, Rob Van Dam finally agreed to terms with TNA.

Though terms of VanDam’s contract have not been disclosed, he has made it clear he’s notinterested in working a full-time schedule. There is said to muchgrumbling among longtime wrestlers as they perceive established starssuch as Van Dam being paid big bucks without working house show dates.Furthermore, more than one wrestler noted that RVD took an unnecessaryshot during a recent interview when he said he couldn’t understand whypeople want to see him go from beating superstars such as Steve Austinand The Rock in WWE to wrestling the likes of Christopher Daniels inTNA.

“When people say I’m a legend, I’m comfortable with that.If I’m a legend to you, I get that. You’ve seen me beat the best,you’ve seen me hang in there with the best. Now if I go hang in therewith these young guys that really aren’t even proven, I’m not sureyou’re going to get that same perspective and the same satisfaction outof RVD that you thought you would,
[/font]

Back
Top Bottom