Wrestling Thread Mar 22-28 | 3/23 WWE NXT - Bryan/Tarver vs Young/Otunga

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

There's a proposed Lockdown match list floating around the net, take a look at the teams for lethal lockdown

Lethal Lockdown
Team Hogan: Abyss, Jeff Hardy, RVD, Jay Lethal & Jeff Jarrett vs Team Flair: Sting, Desmond Wolfe Matt Morgan, & Beer Money.
eek.gif

laugh.gif
I gotta see how this comes together

Sweeet.
pimp.gif

The only way I want Sting in the WWE is as the Crow type character again. I hate seeing him point at the crowd Outsiders style with his baseball bat. Just seems mad corny. It ruined his aura for me.

nah madsen u the one who lost because u clearly coulnt tell i was being sarcastic.....u took the L kid

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Imagine Sting and Taker at WM. Wow. A fan can only dream
laugh.gif
10 years ago...hell maybe even 5.  But now "do not want"

Tens Of Thousands Of WM26 Tickets Still Available
According to F4WOnline.com, there are still tens of thousands of tickets available to be purchased for this Sunday's WrestleMania 26 event in Arizona.

WWE will probably heavily paper the arena and tarp off sections after moving people up, etc.

Regardless, one way or another, it wouldn't be considered a shocker if the building was full, or at least very close to full, come Sunday night.

WWE Changes Plans: New Match To Go On Last At WM26
According to F4WOnline.com, although final decisions won't be made until the day of the show, as of now the plan is for John Cena vs. Batista to go on as the last match at the WrestleMania 26 pay-per view this Sunday.

While many thought Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker's career vs. streak match would go on last, WWE did some last minute shuffling recently and changed their minds to putting on the WWE Championship match as the final match on the show.

Of course this is only the plan as of right now, and is the case with this particular story (who goes on last) every year, those plans could change a million times from now until the show begins on Sunday evening.

The official program for WrestleMania XXVI has a Divas match listed for the event: Beth Phoenix, Kelly Kelly, Eve, Gail Kim and Mickie James vs. Vickie Guerrero, Maryse, Alicia Fox, Layla and Michelle McCool.

During a live chat on the Arizona Republicwebsite, John Morrison was asked how long he thinks it will take before he arrives onto the main event scene. Morrison listed John Cena as the current WWE champion and called him 'boring'.
"Who's champion now? Cena? Ugh. Boring. Yeah, I think my time is coming," Morrison said. "I'm rounding the corner right now in the main event parking garage, where all the spots have been taken for a really long time. I think some of the cars in the main event parking lot are about to be ticketed and towed after WrestleMania. There should be some spots available."When asked which WWE Divas is the best performer on the roster, Morrison adamantly answered Melina. He then criticized the other Divas as he feels the majority of them are unable to convey authentic emotion to the audience."Melina is potentially the strongest character on the roster, with even more passion and emotion than a lot of the guys,"
Morrison said. "A lot of the Divas can do some pretty impressive moves, but when I watch them I don't feel anything, I don't empathize with a lot of them. I don't think they understand what they're doing. But when I watch Melina, I get excited, or I feel sad, or I want to cheer. And I think that's the key to sports entertainment."

i think morrison got a thing for melina

cant wait for amazing kong to come into wwe and whoop all them girls !*!.... you know gail kim is mad as %%#% right now
laugh.gif

As a further update to our report from this morning, former WWE & WCW World Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg is answering fan questions on his Twitter page today. One fan asked him if he would return to the ring for one more match. Goldberg replied by saying “Q #1 Is it out of the question for me to have 1 more match? Answer is no…my son has never seen me wrestle and I’d love to see his reaction

as much as I would rather see Taker/HBK go last.. Cena/Batista is the right choice...a lot of build up for that one.

Im thinking Jericho/Edge will be the shortest match out of the 3 main events
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

cant wait for amazing kong to come into wwe and whoop all them girls !*!.... you know gail kim is mad as %%#% right now
laugh.gif

Honestly, Gail should be ecstatic. Nobody in the past few years has gotten a good match out of Gail Kim but Kong imo.

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

as much as I would rather see Taker/HBK go last.. Cena/Batista is the right choice...a lot of build up for that one.

eyes.gif
As much build-up has gone into Cena/Batista, I am about 75% sure that whatever happens in that match will NOT top Taker/HBK. They are making a huge mistake if that match doesn't go on last, and ESPECIALLY if Cena wins
indifferent.gif

I know he wouldn't compete long (possibly just for Mania ala sorta kinda like Bret Harts current deal). IF he did compete. I'm sure the deal is going to be a legends deal. Nothing wrong with that. Bill the man himself is cool, I've talked to him at a MMA event a few years back..but it just bothered me that he took a shot at another company for NO reason at all. Why even bring up TNA? Makes no sense. And #2 that he's blatantly doing it for the money. Which is guess is whatever. I don't know.
To answer your question...he was mad that Hogan stated publicly that TNA was in negotiations with him...when it wasn't true. He denied ever having a convo with them and was upset that they'd put that out there.

Goldberg has always been about the money. As we both know, he's never really liked the wrestling industry...
Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

That's because they're going out.
Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif
Looks like we won't get to see that anytime soon...

Awesome Kong joining ROH.

It looks like Awesome Kong is heading back to Ring of Honor where she gained fame wrestling as Amazing Kong. The former TNA Knockout Women's Champion wrote the following today on Twitter: I feel very happy to be joining the ROH roster!

Maybe that lengthy no compete clause was strictly for WWE?

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

eyes.gif
As much build-up has gone into Cena/Batista, I am about 75% sure that whatever happens in that match will NOT top Taker/HBK. They are making a huge mistake if that match doesn't go on last, and ESPECIALLY if Cena wins
indifferent.gif
Yeah, but it really doesn't matter. Cena/Batista should go on last. It's about the kids man.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
Yeah, but it really doesn't matter. Cena/Batista should go on last. It's about the kids man.
Bingo.

I wonder if there are any plans for Serena to wrestle the divas.

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

That's because they're going out.
Yea, he been smashing that since the MNM days, the draft split them, she started getting Batista bombed, then she went back to Morrison.
smh.gif
@ me knowing who's been giving it to her

possible mitb spoiler?
Spoiler [+]
For what it's worth, Drew McIntyre is booked to wrestle World title contender Edge on some upcoming house shows.

One oft-overlooked factor in TNA's destiny to compete with rival promotion World Wrestling Entertainment are the added expenses entailed. Since January, the company has ballooned its roster to over 70 performers with the notable additions of high priced stars such as Ric Flair, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy and the former Mr. Kennedy. Furthermore, the company has added the costly expense of going live every other Monday night and promotion of said move (i.e. airing commercials during Monday Night Rawand running Billboards in Times Square). Other than slight bumps in house show attendance and merchandise sales, TNA has to little to show for its efforts. In fact, ratings are at its lowest levels in four years due to the move to Monday nights.Wrestling Observereditor Dave Meltzer cryptically said during a recent episode of Wrestling Observer Radiothat TNA is having bigger financial problems than most realize."I'm worried about my friends who work for TNA because they have bigger financial problems than anyone knows," Meltzer.

There was said to be a collective groan among a large group of wrestlers and TNA personnel watching iMPACT! on the backstage monitor when Eric Young interrupted Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy's post-match celebration on Monday. The "unanimous opinion" was that Young killed the moment due to the fact that he's nowhere near the level of Van Dam and Hardy. While everyone describes "EY" as a nice guy, the feeling is he's been given so much television time over the years due to his friendship with the company's power players. (source: Pro Wrestling Torch)

WWE RAW superstar Shawn Michaels, who puts his career on the line this weekend at WrestleMania against the Undertaker's undefeated streak, appeared on Atlanta's790 The Zone Sports Radio(MP3) this morning and spoke about reports from a popular news website that he plans on leaving WWE shortly after WrestleMania XXVI and thus, will be losing against the Undertaker on Sunday. Michaels said:

“That’s the situation that I’m in. The career is on the line, so I guess I say ground breaking news by them I guess. That is the match at Wrestlemania, the career versus the streak. It’s one of those things that’s bitter-sweet. Obviously I want to be the one guy to beat the streak. I think that if anyone can, I’m the one, but you have to be willing to put it all out there. If things don’t go my way, I still have a great deal of peace and I can look back on a career that I’m very proud of."

It's worth noting that in the new issue of WWE Magazine, there's an interview with Shawn Michaels, who is asked about retirement. Michaels cryptically said, "I have my retirement set already. I have been thinking of my retirement for a long time now."

During the 790 The Zone interview, Michaels also spoke about his return to WWE back in 2002 after being out of action with a back injury for over 4 years. Despite the fact that he already had a Hall of Fame career before he left WWE in 1998, he was told that the new generation of WWE fans might not even know who he was and WWE felt they needed to reintroduce him to everybody.

“Yeah, and that’s the sort of thing that as you’re doing it, I can remember coming back in 2002 and them informing me that ‘hey, you almost need to reintroduce yourself’, because there is a whole other generation. On one hand, you want to be a little offended by that. You say ‘come on, I’m not the end all, be all, but I’m Shawn Michaels.’ But to really understand that there is a whole other generation that you now have to appeal to and you do appeal to. When you see the little guys hanging over the rails at the show, you do realize that. You’ve got their dads who watched you, and now they’re watching you.

I don't like to chime in on this TNA vs. WWE thing.

But after watching the fall of WCW dvds I got to thinking that a big factor in which WCW was able to compete was with the backing of Ted Turner whom I believe had a heated rivalry with Vince McMahon. Does Dixie Carter by chance have that kind of $?

I don't know anything about TNA other than the old ring they used to use that is now switched to four sides and more recent activity.

TELL ME THAT'S NOT ORLANDO JORDAN
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ad;adfklajd;lfjasadvckjl;adf
roll.gif
I'M CRYING
roll.gif
roll.gif