Wrestling Thread Mar 25-31 | 3/28 TNA Impact LIVE | NT WrestleMania Roll Call - Check In!

20130322_EP_LARGE_rockcena_Preview_L.jpg

20120315_Large_WM_Pre_TripleHBrock_new.jpg

Let's be blunt.  Last week's Raw was bad.  We're only 13 days from WrestleMania 29, and the build has not been good.  The show will still do great business, but it could do much BETTER business if WWE puts together a strong two weeks leading into Mania.  Since the Smackdown before Mania is just a clip show, WWE has three shows and 8 hours of TV to get people really excited.

After being off of WWE TV for two weeks, The Rock returns from his worldwide media tour for GI Joe.  His return is eagerly anticipated and greatly needed as there is very little buzz around the Rock vs Cena match for the WWE Title.  A few weeks back, Rock and Cena had a great in ring segment where both emphasized how important the main event at WrestleMania was to each of them.  We've had a video package since then, but The Rock hasn't been on WWE TV, not even with a pretaped promo.  And all we've seen of John Cena was a God awful comedy segment with the Prime Time Players.  WWE really needs to kick this program into high gear tonight, so hopefully both men are all business, and there aren't any concerts or stand up comedy shows.

After HHH agreed to face Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, we found out that the stipulation is they will have a No Holds Barred Match with HHH's career on the line.  This came across as well as a fart in church with the live crowd and most wrestling fans.  No Holds Barred is fine, but with how WWE had built up this big, special stipulation, it came across flat.  And HHH's career on the line?  Who cares.  Everyone, even the biggest marks, know he's no longer an active wrestler.  Whether he wins or loses, it will be the exact same thing.  He'll wrestle 1-2 matches a year for the next few years until he officially calls it quits.  Brock Lesnar will not be on tonight's show.

WWE released a video this past week of Stephanie McMahon boxing.  This wasn't just a random "Hey, look at Stephanie working out" video (though I'm sure Vince has plenty in his private stash).  Stephanie McMahon will likely be in HHH's corner at WrestleMania to counteract Paul Heyman.  This just further leads me to believe that HHH will get the win at Mania which makes no sense on so many levels.

Just as I said that Cena and Rock need some seriously help with their build, the same can be said for CM Punk and The Undertaker.  The build started with Punk getting the match because he won a multiman match.  Then Paul Bearer died.  At first it was alright was Punk came across as a jerk heel saying he would beat Taker making him 20-1 which was fine.  But last week, Punk just came across as an unbelievable WWE scripted ***hole with the Harlem Globetrotter deal with the urn.  Punk may be a jerk, but no one actually believes he would act the way he's acting in this feud, being disrespectful of a man's passing.  It would help if The Undertaker actually had something meaningful to say in this build, as he's been relatively silent thus far.

In addition, we have:
  • Randy Orton, Sheamus, Big Show vs The Shield where they have been teasing dissension among the faces.
  • Jericho vs Fandango in a battle of who is the better dancer.
  • Team Hell No vs Ziggy and Big E in a feud where the champions challenged the challengers.
  • Ryback vs Mark Henry in a battle of the giants.  Mark Henry is not injured.
  • The Rhodes Scholars and Bellas vs Brodus, Tensai, and the Funkadactyls
  • Wade Barrett v miz
  • Alberto Del Rio (likely without Ricardo) vs Jack Swagger in possibly the least heated World Championship Match at Mania ever.
  • And likely one final WWE Hall of Fame inductee announced tonight.  I don't see what the point of inducting someone else this year is.  The card is already too stacked as it is.  The show is sold out, and all of the TV time is taken.  People would rather hear longer speeches from Bruno or Foley than cramming another guy onto this year's lineup.
Arnold Schwarzenegger will be inducting Bruno Sammartino into the WWE Hall of Fame on 4/6 at Madison Square Garden.

LAST CALL

WrestleMania Weekend Tickets at Face Value for NTWT Members

I have one ticket remaining for WrestleMania.

Sec 142, Row 10, $201

I have two tickets remaining for the Hall of Fame

Sec 226, Row 4, $96

If I don't sell these by Wednesday, they will be up on Stubhub.  Get in touch with me ASAP.

WrestleMania 29 Weekend NT Member Roll Call

A long time ago, I started to put together a spreadsheet of NT'ers going to Mania.  I know a lot of us will be there, and it would be cool if a lot of us could meet up at some point during the weekend (after the HoF for drinks, tailgating before Mania, or just to get a drink during Mania itself).  If you're interested, please enter your information in the spreadsheet link here.

Last edited:
Grizz, in regards to that post in last weeks thread about the WHC title, I completely agree with that list, but nothing will keep me from burning Khali's reign from my memory, and him holding that title upside down EVERY week :smh:

This Mania build has absolutely sucked. I'm only looking forward to Trips/Brock, Punk/Taker and what they do with The Shield.

- WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart is backstage at tonight’s RAW in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and is booked to appear on the show. No word yet on what Hart’s role will be but he could be there to help build one of the WrestleMania 29 storylines.

- WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart is backstage at tonight’s RAW in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and is booked to appear on the show. No word yet on what Hart’s role will be but he could be there to help build one of the WrestleMania 29 storylines.

I'd watch Bret vs HBK right now over Del Rio and Swagger at this point

Welp -

- As noted earlier, Ric Flair was scheduled to appear on tonight’s RAW and had been at the arena in Philadelphia since mid-afternoon.

Flair was described as not looking healthy and F4Wonline.com reports he was taken to the hospital. Reports now are that Flair has left Philadelphia and is headed for a hospital in Charlotte.

Hopefully Ziggy cashes in and wins and if his tag match has the titles on the line hopefully he wins that as well. They need to start showing the other side of his Show Off gimmick.

Pumped for Raw tonight, first time I get to watch it live in a long time :smokin

but first, must survive the remaining 3 hours

Also, Flame Broiler, or Thai BBQ for dinner? Help me bros.

Back
Top Bottom