Wrestling Thread March 1st-31st/ NTWT Mania Survey In OP/ WrestleMania This Sunday/ WWE Hall Of Fam

Man, your opinion on fan attire might be a bit narrow but you put in work with promoting the sport's history and legacy. I bookmarked a few things you put up, 'preciate that.
I still want to know how and why you cross that border every qeekend.

Where do you live?

And how does a black man get treated down there

I still want to know how and why you cross that border every qeekend.

Where do you live?

And how does a black man get treated down there
No man, I live in Mexico. I'm taking my shot in life, no safety net. I'm in Puerto Vallarta right now, on the Pacific coast. I go back and forth to other places in the country to find things to write about, but I'm fighting out of this sunny seaside city for now.

...and regarding your second question, I find the locals both curious and receptive.
wink.gif

Nah, but seriously Mexicans are cool, they seem to feel a sort of kinship with us and we actually get treated better than the other visitors in some cases. For instance, nobody gives me the 45 side eye because they know...

Anyway, it's actually part of what I'm going to spotlight in the book I write on the Mexican leg of my journey, an aspect of the larger project I'm working on is discovering how black folk are accepted around the world. I did extensive research on where I'd start this whole project off and it was partially driven by an awareness that my natural paint job could really alter my visiting experience in a given country.

Wait, am I rambling? I should really get a blog or something.

No man, I live in Mexico. I'm taking my shot in life, no safety net. I'm in Puerto Vallarta right now, on the Pacific coast. I go back and forth to other places in the country to find things to write about, but I'm fighting out of this sunny seaside city for now.

...and regarding your second question, I find the locals both curious and receptive. :wink:

Nah, but seriously Mexicans are cool, they seem to feel a sort of kinship with us and we actually get treated better than the other visitors in some cases. For instance, nobody gives me the 45 side eye because they know...

Anyway, it's actually part of what I'm going to spotlight in the book I write on the Mexican leg of my journey, an aspect of the larger project I'm working on is discovering how black folk are accepted around the world. I did extensive research on where I'd start this whole project off and it was partially driven by an awareness that my natural paint job could really alter my visiting experience in a given country.

Wait, am I rambling? I should really get a blog or something.

I vacationed in Puerto Vallarta last year. We loved it so much there we'd consider a home there come retirement age. As for being a black man in Mexico everyone was really cool. I get more funny looks in my own neighborhood, and I live in probably the most culturally diverse neighborhood in NY. Even wore a hoodie one night. :smh:

Last edited:
I vacationed in Puerto Vallarta last year. We loved it so much there we'd consider a home there come retirement age. As for being a black man in Mexico everyone was really cool. I get more funny looks in my own neighborhood. Even wore a hoodie one night.
mean.gif
Oh yeah, so you know. It's an amazing place, year round sunshine, great food, beautiful women...I believe the applicable phrase is "WOOOOOOOO!!!"

The only real problems I have regarding my outer layer here is with the old crusty crabs who retire here with memories of when I couldn't walk through the same restaurant door. I can feeeeeel their angah. 

You should see the million watt smile I give them.

Back
Top Bottom