Wrestling Thread March 1st-31st/ NTWT Mania Survey In OP/ WrestleMania This Sunday/ WWE Hall Of Fam

You keep mentioning writing.

Are you writing a wrestling book? If not, then what.

Also, wrestling wise, how is the training coming along?
I'm gonna have to spoiler this...you just asked for an essay.
Okay, so what I am is a lifelong wrestling fan--blah blah, boyhood dream, Undisputed Champion--with the ability to write plus a decent degree of athleticism and combat sport experience. I also happen to be over 6 feet tall, so yay.
I've always admired personalities like Anthony Bourdain for his willingness and ability to experience cultures around the world, I've always been fascinated with travel.

My wrestling fandom also gave me a window into the lives of the competitors, with world traveled wrestlers like Ric Flair and Chris Jericho just casually collecting amazing lifelong stories as a side-effect of their career path.

They both got to experience a unique journey and world class competition in their craft, eventually wrote great books without even trying.

What if somebody set out to do it on purpose?
Not doing anything better with my life, I've decided to fuse these inclinations together into one big project. I'm doing a travel blog, writing a book and chasing championship gold in a single amazing pursuit because why the **** not.

As for where I am with my training, I'm still in the very developmental phase. School has started down here, but I'm not expecting my first actual match for a few months. I'm built for the challenge, but nothing prepares you for competition but competition.

Once my training progresses to enough of a degree, I'll mix in the squared circle stuff publically (obv want to present my journey and the sport in a positive light) with posts and videos about matches and training methods, traveling to compete...all the while learning about different cultures around the world to find out how they perceive--or could more accurately percieve--professional wrestling, black people, the significance of travel, the overall human condition and of course, me in particular.

Basically I've made my life into violent performance art with the hopes of becoming myself for a living and showing humans the possibilities of being human. It's "Ride Along," but for the next 10 years or so.

I have no idea how this is going to turn out, but **** it...I'm having fun on the trip, man.

Last edited:
I have so many questions. I don't mind the essays, I read dozens of them every week from the kids.

Since you say you like Bourdain, how much of Parts Unknown have you watched?

Also, since I am a fan of that "travel stuff" I recommend

Begin Japanology is a Japanese television program aired on NHK World, and presented by Peter Barakan. It was first broadcast on 5 October 2007 in Japan[1] and beginning in other countries on 14 March 2008.[2] There are 7 seasons, totalling 285 episodes. The program explores aspects of traditional and contemporary Japan and interviews experts in various fields. Its companion series is Japanology Plus.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd4V3I7nYybm4nKwONcOSdA/videos

Oh yeah, so you know. It's an amazing place, year round sunshine, great food, beautiful women...I believe the applicable phrase is "WOOOOOOOO!!!"

The only real problems I have regarding my outer layer here is with the old crusty crabs who retire here with memories of when I couldn't walk through the same restaurant door. I can feeeeeel their angah. 

You should see the million watt smile I give them.

Best way to do it [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Best wishes on your entire journey, continue to keep us posted. :nthat:

I have so many questions. I don't mind the essays, I read dozens of them every week from the kids.

Since you say you like Bourdain, how much of Parts Unknown have you watched?

Also, since I am a fan of that "travel stuff" I recommend
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd4V3I7nYybm4nKwONcOSdA/videos
Bourdain's one of the few men I look up to, man...I've seen pretty much everything he's done, dude is a legend. I sometimes wonder if he's one of us due to that show's title.

Yeah tho, Japan's definitely next on The List...I've always felt an affinity with Japanese culture for some reason, and the fact that it's a wrestling mecca makes it perfect for my next step.

I just figured every indy prospect is training in APW, since I can take my project anywhere, why not add to my judo/karate base with some heavyweight Lucha Libre to set me apart a little?

So I took my talents down here about a year ago and here I am.

Definitely gonna check out that Japanology.

@DatBoi23
@datboi81

Is down in HOU with Booger T

Supposedly he can do a double moonsault from the 2nd rope
Man, I ain't flipping ****. 
laugh.gif
 We can square up, I can shoot in on you, I'm figuring out strong grapples, but a suicide dive is called that for a reason.

Last edited:

I'm gonna have to spoiler this...you just asked for an essay.
Okay, so what I am is a lifelong wrestling fan--blah blah, boyhood dream, Undisputed Champion--with the ability to write plus a decent degree of athleticism and combat sport experience. I also happen to be over 6 feet tall, so yay.
I've always admired personalities like Anthony Bourdain for his willingness and ability to experience cultures around the world, I've always been fascinated with travel.

My wrestling fandom also gave me a window into the lives of the competitors, with world traveled wrestlers like Ric Flair and Chris Jericho just casually collecting amazing lifelong stories as a side-effect of their career path.

They both got to experience a unique journey and world class competition in their craft, eventually wrote great books without even trying.

What if somebody set out to do it on purpose?
Not doing anything better with my life, I've decided to fuse these inclinations together into one big project. I'm doing a travel blog, writing a book and chasing championship gold in a single amazing pursuit because why the **** not.

As for where I am with my training, I'm still in the very developmental phase. School has started down here, but I'm not expecting my first actual match for a few months. I'm built for the challenge, but nothing prepares you for competition but competition.

Once my training progresses to enough of a degree, I'll mix in the squared circle stuff publically (obv want to present my journey and the sport in a positive light) with posts and videos about matches and training methods, traveling to compete...all the while learning about different cultures around the world to find out how they perceive--or could more accurately percieve--professional wrestling, black people, the significance of travel, the overall human condition and of course, me in particular.

Basically I've made my life into violent performance art with the hopes of becoming myself for a living and showing humans the possibilities of being human. It's "Ride Along," but for the next 10 years or so.

I have no idea how this is going to turn out, but **** it...I'm having fun on the trip, man.
Great stuff man.

1. Is it a lot of "genetic modifications" going on down there with the women? You know everybody up here is into the buttshots and breast implants.

2. And how is the area that you live in from a socio-economic standpoint? I know you said you see those old white dudes that look at you funny, so I assume folks down there have $?

3. Who is your Internet with? Reliable internet seems to be something that would be a low-key issue Americans face when living abroad.

Aight, I am done after this. About to watch some old Madusa matches

Stay out of the Jerk-Off Massage Parlors down there too man.

What is on the agenda for this weekend?
Staying at my mom's place an hour east of Orlando. Hanging out here for the most part until I fly home on Tuesday night. Borrowing her car to go to the Cheap Heat thing on Saturday morning and then will probably swing by the superstore. Then she's going to drop me off there on Sunday for Mania and scoop me back up. I feel kind of like a child, but having a free place to stay and getting to spend time with my mom and grandma who I rarely get to see is pretty cool.

1. Is it a lot of "genetic modifications" going on down there with the women? You know everybody up here is into the buttshots and breast implants.

2. And how is the area that you live in from a socio-economic standpoint? I know you said you see those old white dudes that look at you funny, so I assume folks down there have $?

3. Who is your Internet with? Reliable internet seems to be something that would be a low-key issue Americans face when living abroad.

Aight, I am done after this. About to watch some old Madusa matches
I got any and all questions folk can ask, it's part of what I do.

1) That's more a tourist thing...a lot of Americans and Canadians come down here for...aftermarket parts...but the Mexicanas don't really mess with (or tend to need) that, from what I can tell.

2) Puerto Vallarta is a tourist city, so it's far from representative of the typical Mexican lifestyle. Here's all you need to know: there are TWO Wal-Marts in town. 4 Starbucks. So there ya go.

3) I actually have internet with a company called Izzi, they deliver good service, I work online for my writing work and have never really had an issue. That was definitely part of the research phase, and a significant part of why I don't live in the Caribbean right now.
Stay out of the Jerk-Off Massage Parlors down there too man.

What is on the agenda for this weekend?
lol they offer a bit more than that in some massage parlors, which is perfectly legal. At least, that's what I've heard.

Back
Top Bottom