Wrestling Thread May 2-8 | 5/6 BOYCOTT SMACKDOWN TONIGHT - TELL @WWE YOUR THOUGHTS

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

- WWE is looking for The Rock to make more appearances with them this year, including at the SummerSlam pay-per-view, because of the difference he made in WrestleMania 27 business.

- As noted before, WWE is working with a scout in the UK that is there to look for big, muscular guys who are interested in wrestling. That scout is Drew McDonald, who competed as Ben Doon McDonald during the 1980’s in Stampede Wrestling.

- As noted before, Alicia Fox suffered a shoulder injury after being clotheslined by Kharma on this week’s WWE SmackDown. There are already people backstage making comments about how rough Kharma is with the Divas.

- WWE informed some of their business partners that The Miz will be treated as a top priority this year, so even though he lost the WWE Title, officials aren’t looking to take away any of the focus from him. The plan all along was for John Cena to get the title from The Miz at the end of their feud.

- The angle with Jinder Mahal, The Great Khali and Ranjin Singh on SmackDown is supposed to lead to Khali turning heel, with the idea he’s become too soft as a babyface and is no longer the monster he once was. Mahal and Khali are scheduled to form a heel tag team with Mahal carrying most of their work.

-Vince loves himself some muscly men whether they can wrestle or not. I don't understand his way of thinking. People who can actually wrestle take a backseat to those who are eye candy (Divas) or move product.
-The WWEs over dependence of the Rock
laugh.gif
. If they need him to get ratings week after week, they are in bigger trouble than OG thought.
-Khali should have never been a face. I understand that the Indian market is huge for WWE but there was nothing face about him.

- WWE is looking for The Rock to make more appearances with them this year, including at the SummerSlam pay-per-view, because of the difference he made in WrestleMania 27 business.

- As noted before, WWE is working with a scout in the UK that is there to look for big, muscular guys who are interested in wrestling. That scout is Drew McDonald, who competed as Ben Doon McDonald during the 1980’s in Stampede Wrestling.

- As noted before, Alicia Fox suffered a shoulder injury after being clotheslined by Kharma on this week’s WWE SmackDown. There are already people backstage making comments about how rough Kharma is with the Divas.

- WWE informed some of their business partners that The Miz will be treated as a top priority this year, so even though he lost the WWE Title, officials aren’t looking to take away any of the focus from him. The plan all along was for John Cena to get the title from The Miz at the end of their feud.

- The angle with Jinder Mahal, The Great Khali and Ranjin Singh on SmackDown is supposed to lead to Khali turning heel, with the idea he’s become too soft as a babyface and is no longer the monster he once was. Mahal and Khali are scheduled to form a heel tag team with Mahal carrying most of their work.

-Vince loves himself some muscly men whether they can wrestle or not. I don't understand his way of thinking. People who can actually wrestle take a backseat to those who are eye candy (Divas) or move product.
laugh.gif
. If they need him to get ratings week after week, they are in bigger trouble than OG thought.
-Khali should have never been a face. I understand that the Indian market is huge for WWE but there was nothing face about him.

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif

Pimping The Rock out multiple times throughout the year will only go to hurt the WrestleMania 28 buyrate.  Look at this past Monday's Raw rating.  He popped a huge rating in the first 30 minutes, but then the ratings bombed the rest of the show, including an awful overrun rating (a segment involving The Rock AND Vince McMahon) which never happens.

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif

Pimping The Rock out multiple times throughout the year will only go to hurt the WrestleMania 28 buyrate.  Look at this past Monday's Raw rating.  He popped a huge rating in the first 30 minutes, but then the ratings bombed the rest of the show, including an awful overrun rating (a segment involving The Rock AND Vince McMahon) which never happens.

ok just watched the main event, It sucks that Christian lost the belt so quick, but the RKO that Orton put on him was sick.

I don't think Orton holds it for that long actually...and he should really turn full heel...or christian should that could be cool

ok just watched the main event, It sucks that Christian lost the belt so quick, but the RKO that Orton put on him was sick.

I don't think Orton holds it for that long actually...and he should really turn full heel...or christian should that could be cool

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Orton is going to hold it for the foreseeable future. Mark Henry is going to be put in the title picture and they will never put it on Mark.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Orton is going to hold it for the foreseeable future. Mark Henry is going to be put in the title picture and they will never put it on Mark.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Over The Limit Main Event Leaked
The web site at the Key Arena in Seattle lists John Cena vs. The Miz for the WWE title in an I Quit match as the main event for the 5/22 PPV show.  This will likely be announced Monday night on Raw, pending a change of mind.

Great stip, since Miz uses so many submissions.

How many I Quit matches end with submissions?

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Over The Limit Main Event Leaked
The web site at the Key Arena in Seattle lists John Cena vs. The Miz for the WWE title in an I Quit match as the main event for the 5/22 PPV show.  This will likely be announced Monday night on Raw, pending a change of mind.

Great stip, since Miz uses so many submissions.

How many I Quit matches end with submissions?

In all honesty, boycotting just SD is weak IMO. While the Christian angle by far hurt the most, Raw is also going through the motions with the same old crap of cena as champ. I think both shows should be boycotted, since they are both mirror images of each other with a taletless meathead holding the straps for what is presumed to be a prolonged period of time.

In all honesty, boycotting just SD is weak IMO. While the Christian angle by far hurt the most, Raw is also going through the motions with the same old crap of cena as champ. I think both shows should be boycotted, since they are both mirror images of each other with a taletless meathead holding the straps for what is presumed to be a prolonged period of time.

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

What sites do you guys use to find this insider info and rumours and what not?

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
In all seriousness, I know a lot of you are cheap bastards, but if you really enjoy wrestling and mma, paying the $11 a month for a membership at Wrestling Observer is a great investment.  I only skim through the newsletters, but the amount of audio they put out is awesome.  I have an office job, and being able to listen to the multiple podcasts they produce each day really makes the day move a lot quicker.

Back
Top Bottom