Wrestling Thread May 25-31 | Major WWE Name Has Been Released ... Released

I didn't know a bunch of people still watched WWE.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Somebody said it best...Kennedy was the Grant Hill of wrestling.
Really sucks he would have been huge if he could stay healthy. His US Title run
pimp.gif

I agree that Umanga is a far better worker in the ring than the Kremlin Katastrophe, but being destroyed for almost a year by HGH took away any credibility hehad with me.

I didnt catch the end of Raw this past week, and from reading what ive read in here, i guess he got injured on his big return.

Good riddance.

Being accident prone is NOT a good look

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

pimp.gif

What was the number at? In his first 6 months he beat 8 past world champions or something? He was on the way to being a big name, but I guess injuries havemade him too much of a liability for the WWE

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

pimp.gif

What was the number at? In his first 6 months he beat 8 past world champions or something? He was on the way to being a big name, but I guess injuries have made him too much of a liability for the WWE
Something ridiculous like that. He was knocking down everybody they threw at him. It all went downhill after he won MITB.

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

Kennedy gone
eek.gif

Future TNA World Champ
Funny part is..you're prolly 100% right.
laugh.gif
That's how they all end (No disrespect to Kurt Angle and Booker T)

I posted in here a couple hours ago and didn't read the Kennedy news until now...wow, crazy.
eek.gif
eek.gif

He was already on the hot seat with management for being injury prone and his negative comments in the paper (felt his suspension was wrong and trashed thePolicy itself in the interview)...so it's no surprise he's released, but the timing was. This guy was out since August '08...NINE months and getsinjured in his first match back. Homie was on his last strike.

TNA is sure to pick him up...that's if he doesn't injure himself on the way to sign a contract.
Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Good. Never liked Kennedy from the jump, even though LOTS of heads (cough) 4Wrestling (cough) were high on him.
So was WWE though...remember, he had a movie with them just this year and at one point there were plans to put the strap on him (when he had theMITB briefcase). His next feud was a main event one with Orton so management was giving him yet another chance.

Kennedy has great mic skills and is above average in the ring so if he DOES manage to stay healthy and doesn't trash the WWE publicly, who knows...he couldend up back with the company some time in the future. That's a big IF though.

Wow. I really liked Kennedy, I would have started watching again if he got a legitimate title run.

He's really charasmatic, he's a good in-ring performer, and he can work the crowd.

Bank on him returning to the WWE if he can stay injury-free.

laugh.gif
@ WWE deleting Mr. Kennedy's WWE Universe account.

Mr. Kennedy was going to win a world title, if he didn't gettin' hurt in '07. That's sad, because he never got revenge on Edge for stealing theMITB breifcase from him.

Mr. Kennedy was officially released from World Wrestling Entertainment yesterday. This is coming as a shock tomany. Kennedy had returned to Raw on Monday after rehabbing from a badly injured shoulder. Kennedy ended up injuring his wrist after taking a RKO from RandyOrton.

It is being reported that Randy Orton & Kennedy had words backstage after Raw went off the air, it wasn't heated, but that Orton told him he had to becareful out there so he wouldn't injure anyone in the ring. There wasn't any other complaints backstage.

A possibility of a reason why Kennedy was released was the pull that Orton has with Vince McMahon. Another possibility is that because he is injury prone, andWWE wouldn't be able to capitalize on their work on his character. The ladder of the two is more likely the reason he was released. It should also be notedthat Vince soured on Kennedy last year when he was injured. A wrist injury during his first match back with the company likely didn't help matters.

World Wrestling Entertainment has decided to pull Ric Flair from tonight's Ring Of Honor (ROH) show in Philadelphia. The show was part of the televisiontapings for the company's new ROH On HDNet weekly programs.

Apparently this move was made at the last minute. Flair was at the show and announced he has stepped down as his role of ROH commissioner due to WWE.

Ric Flair is not expected to be working any future Ring Of Honor shows.

Back
Top Bottom