Wrestling Thread Nov 7-13 | 11/13 TNA Turning Point - Roode vs Styles, Jarrett vs Hardy

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

TNA has put on a better product than WWE (Raw) for months.  TNA is far from perfect, but at least there is hope there.  And with Lagana signing, maybe it will continue to get better.

There's still hope for the WWE.

TNA has been good the last few weeks. Prior to BFG.. it was mostly !%!*. I know, because I've watched TNA every week this whole year. Post BFG things have been good. They have done a few right things like keep Hogan out of the spotlight, put Sting in a GM type role, and push beer money as singles wrestlers. There's still crap, though. Ronnie, Bischoff, etc.

I can live with their crap personally, and watch them on Spike.com or on demand when I have free time.
Product doesnt mean spit if your network does you no favors.
Example look at the Monday Night wars.
Turner gave Bishoff every advantage he could have wanted, he took those advantages, and ran with them.
USA/ NBC gave Vince 2 hours with an overrun, and allowed TV 14 he took advantage.
Time Warner/ Aol with Ted not having as much control demanded PG. That 18-35 demographic almost exclusively shifted to WWE, after they saw all the plot holes WCW put out and continued to put out. That demographic stated with their tv's that if Im gone watch a show filled with plot holes, I want Puppies, sex and general weirdness and it worked.
Vince goes to Spike/ Viacom for a bunch of money, saw that Heyman was not insane for bashing them for their restrictions and went back to NBC/ Universal/ USA
Now there in a situation for TNA where it would have made more sense to go against Smackdown on Fridays, but cant pitch it, and they run on a shoe string budget for the workers, and only the guys who cant cut it in ROH, and or work both, and or want the easy schedule sign with them. And there is a reason that more of their roster is over 35 than WWE's.  But,if Vince is going to let guys work 40-70 days a year ( second tier not like Austin, HHH, Taker, and Rocky) Like he has done with Foley, Nash and who knows who else, why would I sign with TNA?
Look at Jim Ross, and the talent contract that ended most recently. Remember that speculation with TNA? Yeah Jim could have had control, but he never wanted control. Now instead of having control and working 35 dates ( PPV's and TV tapings) he works at most 50, and gets paid more.

^I don't know if going to Fridays would make a difference for TNA. Would make for an interesting scenario, though.

hombrelobo wrote:
^I don't know if going to Fridays would make a difference for TNA. Would make for an interesting scenario, though.

With proper promotion through out the Viacom conglomerate yea it would work.
But while personally the death slot isnt the death slot anymore, its still considered the death slot.
Bischoff would never volunteer to take Fridays 6-8c ( where it would work best imo) or 8-10c. I wouldnt go head to head with Smackdown for more than an hour though. You could get the date night crowd before they head out, the smarks would stay tuned through WWE's mid card imo and if you preform you can prob get a Tuesday show. If this new direction within TNA continued I would straight up DVR my other death slot shows.

None are getting John Morrisoned?  Oh, sorry.  Last I looked Ziggler was losing to Zach Ryder who WWE has continuously buried.
Neither Ziggler nor Ryder are in Mr. Perez territory. Ryder went over Ziggler last week and has been getting increased exposure on the weekly TV shows. Hell, he had (his first?) a singles PPV match last month. He has a lot of co-signs backstage from the boys and the biggest co-sign you can get from the locker room...Cena. Look at the 'E now fully behind the Twitter/Youtube boat when Ryder was doing all that ++#! before everyone else. It's only so long you can ignore the chants every week and merchandise sales. Ryder will be fine.

Ziggler is actually one of Ryder's biggest supporters and had asked to be in a program with him. And one L or two to Ryder isn't "burial" status. Being backstage every week and not getting showcased on TV or getting squashed consistently is burial status.

Morrison hasn't won a match since August.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

The other young guys will have their chances but for now, we have to accept the product for what it is: a product generated towards an audience that is learning long division and look for "superheroes" to idolize.
The sad truth.

TNA has put on a better product than WWE (Raw) for months.  TNA is far from perfect, but at least there is hope there.  And with Lagana signing, maybe it will continue to get better.
Let's not get carried away now...

The peak of the Punk storyline was only 3 months ago.
laugh.gif

It's fortunate when TNA could string together more than 2 consecutive weeks worth of good programming. As much as we rightfully complain about HHH, Eric Bischoff is 10x worse. At least HHH is a wrestler.
eyes.gif

TNA builds up a homegrown mid-carder (Roode) for MONTHS in a tournament in which he loses at their equivalent to Wrestlemania. There's a ton of backlash backstage and by the fans. So what do they do? They have his counterpart (Storm) beat Angle two days later in a 2 minute match with NO build-up.

For free, on Impact.

Alright w/e then, they can somehow salvage their @#+$*% decision to not put Roode over at BFG by cooking a slow heel turn culminating into the eventual Roode vs. Storm match, right? Nah...before we even get to the next PPV...Roode goes over Storm (who now looks like a babyface "geek") and turns full heel in the same match with AGAIN...no build-up.

For free, on Impact.

Made Angle look weak, Storm weak w/ the "fluke" Title win and loss to Roode, Roode with a heel turn only TNA could pull off, and World Title devalued as well. In a span of a month.

...and Ronnie from Jersey Shore still has 2 appearances left for the company.
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah both TNA and WWE put out ++#! but TNA's always reeks worse. All of this and the in-ring time has steadily decreased over those past months too.

The Dave Lagana hiring means nothing because he's working in an entirely different department than Russo/Bischoff and will have no influence over weekly Impact episodes nor storylines. He reports to Bruce Prichard and was only hired because he's a "safe" pick. More on that when I drop N&N in next wrestling thread...

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

hombrelobo wrote:

You could get the date night crowd before they head out, the smarks would stay tuned through WWE's mid card imo and if you preform you can prob get a Tuesday show.

I was just thinking..right now would be a perfect time to bring Reaction back. I really liked that show. Why would it be a perfect fit right now? Well, because of the way it was formatted. Right now we would be able to get more out of the Roode/Storm angle. They could have played up Angles injury backstage after the Storm match. That would make his loss not look as weak. Also, it could show more Sting backstage stuff, Give us a reason as to why Hogan isn't around, etc.

Wrestling Observer Live will be doing a 2 hour (free) show on the history of WCW at 6pm et today. The audio link will be available on the front page of wrestlingobserver.com.

Jim Ross did NOT fly to England. So it looks like another night of embarrassing him without him being on the show on Monday.

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

But honestly, what can you do? WE can't do %^%^ 
Yes, we can  continue to tune out.
WOW hell has frozen over 
roll.gif

i never thought i would see this man say that 
laugh.gif

i agree though although i havent been watching that much of either show... i was entertained by bfg and the house show i went to. 

smackdown live came around here and i wanted no part of that...

i wish there could be trades in wrestling. like trade samoa joe, beer money, austin aries, kurt angle, and aj styles for swagger, cody rhodes, the miz, diggler, dibiase, and evan bourne. i dont like any of the new crop of wwe talent except for wade barret and sheamus... tna talent in wwe would be awesome.

this week of wrestling has been weak, so i was watching a couple of old matches.

shawn michaels vs marty janetty for the ic title on raw was
pimp.gif

completely forgot that the rockers never won the tag titles in the wwe.

i was watching the 2 WCW/New Japan Supershows I, II & III. some great matches on there, check them out.

Tatsumi Fujinami VS Ric Flair

The Great Muta VS Sting

Lex Luger Vs Masahiro Chono

Jushin Liger VS Último Dragón

all great matches.

i wonder if vince inducts wrestlers like liger, chono or muta

Wrestling Observer Live will be doing a 2 hour (free) show on the history of WCW at 6pm et today. The audio link will be available on the front page of wrestlingobserver.com.

It was an impossible mission, but we tried. The history of WCW, the rise, fall and death, all in a two-hour radio show. Mike Sempervive and Bryan Alvarez talk the pre-NWO days, the Monday Night Wars, Goldberg, Eric Bischoff, some myths of the era, and so much more. Best of all it's FREE, so please post the link or file elsewhere and help spread the word about wrestlingobserver.com! And if you like what you hear, consider signing up for a subscription as Dave and I do 3-4 shows per week in addition to the other 15-20 brand new shows, plus members have full access to our thousands of hours of audio and hundreds of new and archived Wrestling Observer and Figure Four Newsletters. It's a steal, so sign up and join the fun! Only at wrestlingobserver.com. 
http://media001.f4wonline...e/110611evergreenwol.mp3

Any FL heads planning on going to Wrestlemania. I really want to jump on these tix but no one interested to go as of right now.

20111106_raw_nash_hhh_c.jpg

Sorry guys, I'm battling the flu bug right now and just not up for writing up a whole preview.  Plus it's a taped show with a good MNF game, so turnout will probably be pretty low.

I'm avoiding spoilers.  The only things I know are:

• John Cena and Zach Ryder vs The Miz and R-Truth is the main event
  • Kevin Nash will be on the show
  • Jim Ross did not fly to England, but I'm sure that won't stop WWE from embarrassing him.

The other reason I'm keeping this thread going is because there is a lot of stuff I want to respond to from last week once I'm feeling a bit better.

so....let me get this straight... im that one fractured his butt hole and is out for 30 days? who or what did that to him in the ntwt universe?

TNA's New Developmental Territory is Ohio Valley Wrestling
TNA has signed a developmental deal with Louisville, Kentucky's Ohio Valley Wrestling.

In a statement released to PWInsider, TNA announced OVW would now be a "development and training facility" for the promotion, with Bruce Prichard working closely with OVW owner Danny Davis in the development of future TNA talents.

While TNA has never had an official developmental territory, they had in the past subsidizing wrestler's training at the Team 3D Wrestling Academy in Florida, including former CBS reality star Jessie Godderz.

Based on the statement issued to PWInsider, TNA would be sending talent to OVW to train and hone their skills. The company's new project in India for the Colors Network was slated to include training ten new Indian talents that would be regulars for the new TV series being developed for that market, so I would assume this is where they will be trained.

OVW was the official developmental territory for WWE from 2000 through 2008, helping to develop, among others, John Cena, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar and Batista.

survivor series is shaping up to be a bad ppv.

theres no point anymore to the rock and cena teaming up after ceena took out awesome truth on halloween.

watch, when they buyrates show up, vince will be like "survivor series has run its course". excuses.

Good move for TNA on the OVW territory.

MNF will have my full attention tonight like most others, I'll catch Raw on dvr tomorrow

Just read the spoilers for tonight and it's pretty much pointless for Rock and Cena to team up at this point.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]
  The Miz and R-Truth defeated John Cena and Zack Ryder in what was said to be a really good match. Awesome Truth got the win after The Miz pinned Cena while R-Truth held Cena’s legs down. 

Back
Top Bottom