Wrestling Thread Oct 20 - Nov 2 | 10/27 Raw - Rollins Defeats Ambrose in HiaC w/ Help of Bray Wyatt

- Jayson Derrick of Benzinga.com previews WWE’s third quarter results they will report on Thursday before market open. It’s noted the company is expected to lose $0.17 per share on revenue of $133.2 million, according to consensus analyst estimates.
What’s more interesting is that Reverend Emmanuel Lemelson, chief investment officer of Lemelson Capital Management (a global investment management firm), believes the McMahon family is interested in selling the business.
He notes WWE has poor fiscal management but excellent creative management. As a result, Lemelson believes a “new executive management team or the sale of the company is a likely scenario that will play out in the future.”
He notes WWE is an “acquisition target” valued at $1 billion prior to the launch of the WWE Network.
Regarding the WWE Network, Lemelson doesn’t see WWE meeting their one million user subscriber goal for the year. Moreover, it’s noted WWE has acknowledged it will require more than one million WWE Network subscribers to make the service profitable.
However, Lemelson sees the WWE brand as a “considerable opportunity” for any potential acquirer because it is “truly a piece of ‘‘Americana’ with global appeal.”

Richard Reacts: I believe there is a disconnect between WWE as a publicly traded company and WWE as a Sports Entertainment company. Because of this, I agree with the assertion WWE is a company of poor fiscal management but excellent creative management. However, I believe WWE would have a very difficult time thriving without Vince McMahon. Say what you want but I believe it takes a very special type of person to be able to succeed in this business. Many have tried and Vince is literally the last man standing. I used to laugh off ‘WWE for sale” rumors but Vince had a chance to dismiss them earlier this year and didn’t. Thursday will be interesting, regardless of the commentary that precedes it.

Let's all chip in and buy it :nerd:

I'll let johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm & celticspride34 celticspride34 train the divas :nerd:

Peep Game Peep Game can be Layla's travel buddy :nerd:

I'll travel with Jojo & borrow Naomi from Jimmy :pimp:

Last edited:
2000 or so $13 puts were bought this afternoon. I thought about doing a put spread but didn't since it would be revenge trading for that **** *** main event at hell in a cell. In essence a trader thinks the stock will dump after the report tomorrow morning. Could be a hedge against a long stock position but doubtful.

Last edited:
had pants had pants can do titantron videos.

Although they'll probably just be gifs :lol:
You, @af1 1982 and Case Case can do commentary

DeepSea will be the new Byron Saxton

4w can be Bill DeMott

ksteezy can make the attires :nerd:

I'll do some awesome commentary..I can constantly talk about the good old days and hate on everything..

I would also like to volunteer my services as director of wellness..I'm on so many damn meds that no performer could use an excuse to justify any pills they take cause I know them all..

1. Maybe it is just me but the current product has NOTHING to do with whether or not I keep the NETWORK. I honestly don't even think about those PPV's until the day of. My network is for the old stuff

2. Brad Maddox was decent in FCW. I actually had him as an active wrestler in my 2K14 Universe on the NXT roster. Him being at PWG reminds me of when the Bellas said they used to go to SHIMMER shows to learn.

Check out his Maddox Experience(?) vids on YouTube. Hilarious, genius, and nothing the WWE would ever have on their current shows.

-WWE officials are very impressed with several of the Divas at NXT.

– NXT Women’s Champion Charlotte is seen as having tremendous potential to be a top player on the main Divas roster.

– Alexa Bliss is moving up into the upper echelon of developmental talents that Triple H and other officials have their eye on. They are beginning to look at Bliss as someone that they can build upon.

– Sasha Banks is also high on the list in NXT. Sasha works a little stiff in the ring and they are trying to break her of that habit.

– Bayley has also been praised for her growth this year, but Bliss and Banks are considered higher up in the ranks.

NTWT summit?

Ill be with my 2 friends and one of their girls but idc. Driving seperately since ill already be in Philly that weekend for ROH :D

speaking of philly my girl got us tickets for the eastern state haunted prison out there this friday,gonna be driving out there,any yall philly cats ever been?

Went out there a couple weeks ago with some ppl. It was cool. A couple jump scares but thats it, nothing TOO crazy lol. Had fun tho

-– WWE made the decision to bring back Ryback as a babyface as opposed to the heel character he portrayed before taking time off due to an injury. The belief within the company right now is that they are short on top babyfaces.

-There is said to be a little bit of concern within WWE developmental regarding Hideo Itami, the former KENTA, trying too hard to adapt to the WWE style of working.

The finish to one of Itami’s recent NXT matches at the last set of television tapings had to be re-done because one of his kicks didn’t connect.

Regardless, WWE is said to be impressed with how hard Itami works and how quickly he is improving his English. The company reportedly views him as one of their top developmental talents.

-There is a feeling that Cesaro’s recent losing streak could be a result of him being critical of another John Cena vs. Randy Orton feud during a recent media interview.

Cesaro made the following comment:

“It is a new era of guys. It’s a new generation, and it’s a lot of fun to watch that because there are fresh match-ups. I mean, I’m sick of seeing John Cena against Randy Orton for the 500th time. It’s great that we have some new, young guys that can come out and provide absolutely great match-ups and for the fans there are fresh, exciting matches and things to watch.”

Days after making that comment, Cesaro lost in two straight falls at the Hell In A Cell pay-per-view and was then destroyed by Dean Ambrose on RAW the next night.

:smh:

Last edited:
-Randy Orton has been critical of arena merchandising, re-tweeting fans who complained that at house shows, the John Cena merchandise is front-and-center and that there isn’t enough Orton merchandise.

Unlike Cesaro, who is reportedly in trouble for speaking out against another Cena-Orton feud in a media interview, the belief is Orton will not see any repercussions for speaking out, as he’s considered “bullet proof.”

The main reason WWE handles the merchandising setup the way that they do is because as a general rule, heels don’t sell a lot of merchandise. Brock Lesnar is considered an exception, as his stuff has been selling well. Regardless, Cena sometimes out-sells everyone else combined in merchandise.

Orton’s merchandise will likely be presented in a better fashion once his face turn, which is happening now, is complete.

Vince wonders why he doesn't have stars, well gee whiz gramps, you buried a guy for no reason that could be the face of your company. You took away his signature move because the fans enjoyed it too much. What do these people want? It's like they're communists.

and @af1 1982 thanks for the heads up. if I don't get tickets through ticketmaster I'll buy them from stubhub or whatever. and I'm down to meet up or whatever. we can figure something out. but I'll deff be at RR

Vince wonders why he doesn't have stars, well gee whiz gramps, you buried a guy for no reason that could be the face of your company. You took away his signature move because the fans enjoyed it too much. What do these people want? It's like they're communists.

cesaro is a great wrestler. but is lacking in the charisma department. and isn't really world champion material

had pants had pants can do titantron videos.

Although they'll probably just be gifs :lol:
You, @af1 1982 and Case Case can do commentary

DeepSea will be the new Byron Saxton

4w can be Bill DeMott

ksteezy can make the attires :nerd:

Lx2Uqr8.gif

Back
Top Bottom