Wrestling Thread October 1st-31st/ No Mercy Tonight At 8PM ET/ Dolph Zigger Last Match

The problem with Randy Orton is that he's never really been known for his toughness in the ring...I've heard it said once that if you were to build a WWE competitor from scratch, it would resemble him, but that's possibly his biggest weakness.

He's always been able to get by on his natural gifts and has rarely been truly tested throughout the course of his career after his initial ascent...he's usually bigger and stronger than his opponent. However, sometimes he just runs up against a competitor that can absorb more physical punishment--see his "I Quit" against Cena and his Streak match--and combined with his preferred methodical attack style against Brock Lesnar's lightning bruiser offense, and you have a nightmare matchup for Orton. I can see why it went the way it did.

I think the reason CM Punk acquitted himself well in his bout with Lesnar is his higher-energy, higher-impact offense. As seen in the match, Punk was more than willing to sacrifice his body to punch the proverbial 800-pound gorilla in the mouth, pulling out the high-flying portion of his offense along with his martial arts strikes to make his bid against the Beast.

Of course, Brock's pure Lesnarocity made all of it irrelevant, but it's not hard to understand how some competitors might fare better against a given opponent than others.

Last edited:
With how much they have built up SummerSlam to basically be a spectacle similar to WM, I think it's fair for fans to expect WM-like surprises and whatnot. Instead, we got zero surprise appearances and the last 2 matches on the card were basically no contests.

More like 3 match's in all if you count the tag team match..which was horrible as well.

Man that Ambrose/Ziggler match was a let down. I expected Ziggler to take the L, but not in such a quick anticlimactic fashion.

SummerSlam overall was very bad and terribly booked outside of Styles/Cena which was booked perfectly.

Last edited:
Yeah he beat Cena and Orton like nothing 2 guys that have beat dam near everybody. How the hell are we suppose to believe anybody could beat Brock now?? Wwe booked themselves into a corner. Inb4 some idiots start talmbout ko or nakamura could beat Brock clean.

Why does someone have to beat him clean? Put him in a No DQ match with Styles then have the whole Bullet Club (including Balor) come out and beat his ***. You can even put him in a match with Seth (turn him face) or some top face and have the entire locker room come out to help him win. For the record, I wouldn't even mind if they just booked him go to undefeated until he leaves.

Last edited:
Man that Ambrose/Ziggler match was a let down. I expected Ziggler to take the L, but not in such a quick anticlimactic fashion.

SummerSlam overall was very bad and terribly booked outside of Styles/Cena which was booked perfectly.

Wasn't too great of a show :smh:

Styles-Cena was very enjoyable but for the most part everything else was MEH

The problem with Randy Orton is that he's never really been known for his toughness in the ring...I've heard it said once that if you were to build a WWE competitor from scratch, it would resemble him, but that's possibly his biggest weakness.

He's always been able to get by on his natural gifts and has rarely been truly tested throughout the course of his career after his initial ascent...he's usually bigger and stronger than his opponent. However, sometimes he just runs up against a competitor that can absorb more physical punishment--see his "I Quit" against Cena and his Streak match--and combined with his preferred methodical attack style against Brock Lesnar's lightning bruiser offense, and you have a nightmare matchup for Orton. I can see why it went the way it did.

I think the reason CM Punk acquitted himself well in his bout with Lesnar is his higher-energy, higher-impact offense. As seen in the match, Punk was more than willing to sacrifice his body to punch the proverbial 800-pound gorilla in the mouth, pulling out the high-flying portion of his offense along with his martial arts strikes to make his bid against the Beast.

Of course, Brock's pure Lesnarocity made all of it irrelevant, but it's not hard to understand how some competitors might fare better against a given opponent than others.
Between the knowledge you drop here and the bad things you got away with thread, you have quickly ascended into one of the best new posters. But don't take my multi quote gimmick. It is mine and mine alone. At least in NTWT.
Rewatching the women's tag match.. Since when has Nikki's behind been that nice?
The non tights underneath the shorts made a big difference. :evil:

Could see Demon Finn beating Brock. Would much rather see Shinsuke debut at the rumble and eliminate Brock to set up a match at wm.

With the card they had put together, it easily should have been. WWE gon WWE though :smh:

I knew better. Especially after how Takeover trumped SummerSlam last year.

Just setting yourself up for the inevitable Brother Sox.

Last edited:
With the card they had put together, it easily should have been. WWE gon WWE though :smh:
It really had the potential to be great and left me disappointed. Like when a new "actress" debuts with an amazing body...but has zero energy when it comes to being nasty. :smh:

Dudes were saying SummerSlam was gonna be better than Takeover too
roll.gif
roll.gif
With the card they had put together, it easily should have been. WWE gon WWE though
mean.gif
Correct, the entire Summerfest card looks good on paper.

Execution as always was terrible except for BK/Chena, which told a story correctly.

There’s a reason Sasha Banks has been removed from listings for upcoming events … Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned The Boss is dealing with a back issue.

Sources with direct knowledge tell us Sasha is scheduled for an evaluation with doctors at the beginning of September, due to pain she’s dealing with in the lower lumbar section of her back.

For those who missed it, Banks lost the Women’s Championship to Charlotte Sunday night atSummerSlam. She was also reportedly removed from upcoming live event appearances.

No word on whether she’ll still appear on RAW until the evaluation, but we can only assume the possible injury factored into their decision to have her drop the title.

Charlotte+drops+Sasha+Banks.gif

Rewatching the women's tag match.. Since when has Nikki's behind been that nice?

It's def nice.

Just not phat like some dudes on here claim

Pretty much. It is nice, but she also knows how to work angles perfectly in that attire

Just want to make it known that I have no problem with Brock being dominant, as he should be. I just don't think guys like Orton should simply be thrashed like they were. I want to at least think that someone could have an outside chance of getting lucky with something and beating Brock.

Yeah he beat Cena and Orton like nothing 2 guys that have beat dam near everybody. How the hell are we suppose to believe anybody could beat Brock now?? Wwe booked themselves into a corner. Inb4 some idiots start talmbout ko or nakamura could beat Brock clean.

Cena beat Brock already, and HHH beat Brock, in which HHH tried to make it some war but the fans weren't buying it.

CM Punk's match with Brock >>>>

That Sasha/Charlotte match was terrible ---- both of them deserve blame for botching and going high-risk

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

with the current roster, the only 2 people I can see beating brock is roman and braun

Apparently ( 22stylez 22stylez ) that Sanity vignette might not be for Tommy End at all..but for either Eric Young or some indy girl that signed

Back
Top Bottom