Wrestling Thread Sep 15-Oct 5 | October 5th, 1982 A Wrestling/NT/Cat Legend Was Born

Mizdow is the most entertaining thing in the WWE right now

2HiqYkg.gif

The dress code at Hulk Hogan's "Hogan's Beach" restaurant in Tampa, Florida was mocked in a TMZ story that features the headline "Don't Dress Like A Black Guy...Brotha." The dress code includes no sports or sleeveless jerseys, no low hanging pants or shorts, no hats worn sideways or back facing, and no high-top sneaker. Read the full list at TMZ.com.Powell's POV: Hogan told TMZ that he licenses his name to the restaurant and would look into the dress code. The most comical part of the dress code is that it prohibits "do-rags, skull caps, and bandanas" even though Hogan is wearing one on the actual dress code sign. For whatever it's worth, I have seen similar dress code listings at other venues.

So what would be the implication for the HIAC matches? Will Seth have his MITB on the line or would there be an open invitation for the #1 contender for the WWEWHC?

Have the names Sami Zayn or Adrian Neville prevented either guy from getting over?

What about Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose?

I'm late chiming in, but all those (well, not really Sami Zayn) sound like regular legit names, or at least sound like they didn't pick then out a generator. Michael McGillicutty though.....:rofl: :rofl: even the WWE knew how stupid that was

Mojo getting washed by Bull Dempsey and Tyler Breeze on NXT. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Bayley needs a new finisher.

The Belly to Bayley ain't gonna cut it.

Looks like she's gently laying her opponent down on a pile of pillows.
laugh.gif

-With WWE Hell in a Cell still a month away and no matches announced for the show as of this writing, WWE reportedly has the three top matches for the show planned out.

According to Wrestling Observer Radio, the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view will feature John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose in the opening match, with the winner going on to face Seth Rollins inside Hell in a Cell. The loser of Cena vs. Ambrose will wrestle Randy Orton later on the show, also inside the Cell.

There is a lot that can be taken from these planned matches. Clearly, the absence of Roman Reigns has created an opening for Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins to be featured more prominently. WWE began teasing tension between Ambose and Cena on Monday’s RAW. Ambrose wrestling Cena on pay-per-view in a Hell In A Cell match shows the company is committed to give Ambrose a chance to prove himself as an upper-card singles star. The fact that the winner of that match goes on to face Seth Rollins (with Randy Orton being the consolation prize) shows how management currently views those two competitors.

As noted earlier, WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar is not booked for the show.

I can dig this
pimp.gif
As usual, I will not bash @22stylez  because he is only copying/pasting this from another site, but the very first sentence is wrong.

Dave said that as of this past Monday (Sept 22) the working plan for Hell in a Cell are the matches mentioned in the second paragraph.  However, plans were NOT finalized or planned out.  They were working plans that could easily change between Monday and next week's Raw.

The only thing CONFIRMED for Hell in a Cell at this moment is that Brock Lesnar will NOT be on the PPV.

I'm not sure if Meltzer gives * ratings to MITB cash-ins, but this match would definitely be a 4.5 - 5 star IMO.

1. The crowd reaction was amazing from the time Ziggler's music hit until he finished celebrating

2. The match was actually GOOD. ADR sold the injury well. There were moments when you thought that ADR might actually win. He kicked out of the Fame-asser, hit DZ with the enziguri AND got him with the cross-arm breaker. They worked the injury during the match. Ziggler goes after the ankle early, and it's also what allows him to get out of the cross-arm breaker.

3. Michael Cole's commenting was actually good during this match. His initial reaction when DZs music hits is really good "whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa". He acted genuinely surprised. Although many people had a feeling DZ would be cashing in, they did a good job after the ADR v Swagger match not spoiling anything.

4. Not that this is important, but AJ and Big E's genuine reactions are awesome. They are supposed to be heels here, but even they got caught in the moment.

Many people may argue that the match isn't "long" enough to deserve a high star rating, but they told an amazing story in the ring. Even though the focus was on Ziggler, ADR did a great job selling his injury and coming off as the champion who was too injured to defend. He even put up a great fight despite his injury. The psychology was on point.

This still gets me hype EVERY time. And, I'm not even a DZ guy.

Batista is set to begin filming a new movie, Bus 657, along with Gina Carano and Robert Dinero.  This rules out Batista from returning to WWE anytime soon.  It also stops any plans of a Rousey vs Carano fight.

Bayley needs a new finisher.

The Belly to Bayley ain't gonna cut it.

Looks like she's gently laying her opponent down on a pile of pillows. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

She should watch some Scott Steiner and Shane Douglas vids and completely wash people. Specifically Eva and Cameron.

I'm not sure if Meltzer gives * ratings to MITB cash-ins, but this match would definitely be a 4.5 - 5 star IMO.

This still gets me hype EVERY time. And, I'm not even a DZ guy.

Agreed. Everything about that cash-in was perfect. Del Rio's selling was amazing. You'd probably have to combine 2 years worth of Cena matches to get that from him. I was so heated when Del Rio locked in the cross arm breaker, cause I truly thought Ziggler was gonna tap :lol:

Back
Top Bottom