Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

Funny rant

Click and read chain

drewdioxin2345 drewdioxin2345

She keeps using the word "fetish" but I don't think she knows what it means, to quote the great philosopher Inigo Montoya.

I do sort of understand her position. The random child thing is weird, but also a whole different problem entirely. And I find it funny about the folks who chime in like "I am white, love K-pop and have hangul in my avatar photo, but I am not a Koreaboo and you are right!" Like, sit down man. It's OK, we get Korean boys are cute and you need to be "unique", or you have a waifu hump pillow and lots of weird Bishoujou statues of school girls. Just embrace your inner weeb and just tone down the creep factor in public.

We all like what we like from a purely aesthetic or deeper reasoning. There are certainly instances where it can and does become an issue, but for the most part it comes down to respecting people as people, not because of something they are or are not.

Can the same be said about us non-Japanese wrestling fans drewdioxin2345 drewdioxin2345 ?

I wonder if Japanese fans hate how much some of us tout Japanese wrestling

I dunno. My Japanese family is actually pretty surprised by the stuff I know about Japanese traditional and pop culture for not being native. many of them know very little about puroresu so I kind of already have that up on them. Many of the bands I grew up listening to they have never heard of (could totally be generational there though) but they actually understand that I respect the culture a great deal and have done my very best to assimilate while there instead of genuinely trying to be an outsider or not even attempt to try and show any real effort at getting acclimated to living there.

I learn the language, follow common customs, and other than being 6'1, tattooed with crazy hair and make up sometimes, if you watched me go about my day you would assume I grew up there or spent significant time in the country, a lot more than I have.

Again, I think there is a demarcating line that shows the difference between respect and disrespect and I think if you put in the effort and energy in ANY situation where your own culture is not the dominant one, it will show and it goes miles.

DBP8XN1XsAAOIIf.jpg

Strange...it seems to me is all they do is get breaks

They catching too many breaks.

Back
Top Bottom