Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

Baron has a ton of heat on him due to his Twitter actions in the past few weeks, Corbin also blocked people from WWE.

If they are going to use this to elevate Tama Tonga, this would be sweet. But I don't see that happening, seems like they just used it as a storyline for that match. Hopefully more is done here because he IS right

Because when you're Bullet Club....you're Bullet Club 4 Lyfe!

I heard the breezango a few days back really happy for those guys. I found that breeze wrestled juicey liger in NXT a few years back had no clue. It was an entertaining match.

If they are going to use this to elevate Tama Tonga, this would be sweet. But I don't see that happening, seems like they just used it as a storyline for that match. Hopefully more is done here because he IS right

Dude will be the next leader of BC mark my words, he impressed me in the G1 put on some really solid matches!

I heard the breezango a few days back really happy for those guys. I found that breeze wrestled juicey liger in NXT a few years back had no clue. It was an entertaining match.

Dude will be the next leader of BC mark my words, he impressed me in the G1 put on some really solid matches!
Breeze vs Liger was a solid match. Breeze can wrestle but he won't ever be given the chance in the wwe. Breeze in NJPW would be putting out five star matches easily.

I remember Dolph Ziggler (before everyone hated him) said in an interview that Breeze is really freaking good at wrestling.

Wasn't on NJPW during the Golden Lovers.

Explain the gimmick/storyline please?

It was actually DDT, which is another Japanese wrestling promotion but basically Kenny and Kota have been friends for a long time, lived together in Japan, etc. They played up a BL (Boys Love) Yaoi gimmick that they were partners both in AND out of the ring, taking the Golden name from Kota's own Golden Star nickname. They did a stereo splash move called the Golden Shower, would take pictures embracing like pictured above, etc.

In the IWC however there has always been a question of how much was story/kayfabe and how likely was it that Kenny and Kota could have actually been lovers simply based off of their interactions out of the ring. When Kota left for NJPW to be a heavyweight and the Lovers broke up, they have continued to play it up at various points ( While AJ was leader and wrestled Kota, Kenny almost interfered due to his loyalty to BC, Kota stopped from attempting his splash move and then flipped into a Styles Clashl) After that match Kenny didn't celebrate with the rest of the guys. Then when Ibushi came back to NJPW, he gave that promo about how things had changed since he and been gone but called him Ibutan, which the -tan suffix in Japanese is a pet name, again teasing the Lovers.

There has also been some questions over time with whether or not either of them are queer or not, because very rarely are they seen with females but paparazzi works a little differently in Japan, that doesn't mean anything really. It's far easier to love a low-key lifestyle in Japan and separate your private life from your professional life in wrestling.

I agree. They have already teased the fall out of the Elite and Kenny, I feel Tama is the next viable leader and stepped it up Not only with his performance in the tourney, but his promos have been some ether. Also like the subtle nod to Kenny's relationship with Kota in this one.

Breeze vs Liger was a solid match. Breeze can wrestle but he won't ever be given the chance in the wwe. Breeze in NJPW would be putting out five star matches easily.

He is uber talented I watched his career towards the end of his NXT run in 2015 and watched the breaking ground series (which needs to come back) and got invested in him. Fashion police is one of my favorite tag teams on the E, talented and entertaining just want them to get more shine in ring.

Ratings for the last 3 days of the G1

• Suzuki-gun vs. Young Lions - 2.5
  • GOD vs. SANADA/Bushi - 2.25
  • Kojima/Robinson vs. EVIL/Takahashi - 2.25
  • Taguchi Japan Machine vs. Bullet Club - 3.5
  • Okada/Yano vs. Omega/Pimp - 2.25
  • Nagata vs. Fale - 4.25
  • YOSHI-HASHI vs. Makabe - 3.5
  • Ishii vs. Sabre Jr. - 4.25
  • Ibushi vs. Goto - 4.25
  • Tanahashi vs. Naito - 5

• Suzuki-gun vs. Seiki-gun - 2.75
  • CHAOS vs. Bullet Club - 2.5
  • Suzuki-gun vs. Nagata/Makabe - 2
  • Bullet Club vs. Taguchi Japan Machine - 3.5
  • Tanahashi/Ibushi/Finlay vs. LIJ - 3.25
  • Juice vs. Elgin - 3.75
  • SANADA vs. Tonga - 3.75
  • Yano vs. Suzuki - 3
  • EVIL vs. Kojima - 4
  • Omega vs. Okada - 6

• Suzuki-gun vs. Seiki-gun - 3.25
  • GOD vs. Dads - 1
  • CHAOS vs. Makabe/Finlay - 2.5
  • Bread Club vs. Bullet Club - 2.25
  • The Young Bucks vs. Taguchi Japan - 4.25
  • War Machine vs. Bullet Club - 3.75
  • Tanahashi/Ibushi/Elgin vs. Suzuki-gun - 3.5
  • CHAOS vs. LIJ - 3.5
  • Kenny Omega vs. Tetsuya Naito - 5.75

Why do you keep doing this man?

You are becoming one of those fans that troll Meltzer, just the NT Version.

Please stop

Take a day off man.

Stop the, "It is better in NJPW" talk.
If NJPW is a step above your mental capacity to digest, cool. Leave it that way. If you need a little entertainment in your wrestling to think it is valuable, (WWE) cool. Let folks like what they like.

No need to keep, "If it was in Japan.........." -ing everything

Last edited:
I enjoyed Okada/Omega more simply because of the call back references from the first two matches.

But in terms of standalone matches, I could see why The Finals is preferred.

Can't go wrong either way

:rofl::rofl:@ 5.75 and 6 stars

Dudes gonna be like
triple-h-angry.gif
when they see these ratings.

:rofl::rofl:@ 5.75 and 6 stars
His ratings system is a joke. He has even said that people take his ratings way too seriously and is something he just gives on the fly. There are people that literally depend on his ratings because they can't form an opinion on their own if they enjoyed a match.

Back
Top Bottom