Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

Hmph, so oVe stands for Ohia Vs Everything
tumblr_ouwcp44NLX1vtad0lo2_400.gif
tumblr_ouwcp44NLX1vtad0lo3_400.gif

tumblr_ouwcp44NLX1vtad0lo5_400.gif
tumblr_ouwcp44NLX1vtad0lo6_400.gif

tumblr_ouwcp44NLX1vtad0lo7_400.gif
tumblr_ouwcp44NLX1vtad0lo8_400.gif

:pimp:
tumblr_ouvhio5idJ1s05wxzo1_400.gif
tumblr_ouvyavsZSW1u9rkhoo1_400.gif

Forgot Taryn and Gail had a good feud way back

A couple years ago, when I used to work remotely, my supervisor forgot to tell me I didn't have to go into work during a bad storm, so my dumbass was driving on a flooded freeway to an empty office :smh:. Definitely get the f*** out of there if the clouds even start forming :lol:.

Ah man that's foul :lol: :smh: I left at 3. I work in Pasadena and that's one of the last places you want to be when it floods. A couple month back it was a major downpour all day, then the sun popped out, and as I left work I was seeing people who clearly underestimated how high the water was, seeing cars in ditches with only the windows showing. I took a whole bunch of back roads to get home and it was nearly an hour when the normal drive is just 20 minutes.

If you're asking about top 3 of why I got into the business: Michaels, Nitro, and Mercury.
Michaels because at 5 years old when I saw him dancing in the ring with Pam Anderson after winning the Royal Rumble, I said "I want to be that guy."

Nitro because when I was in my "All other sports and not wrestling" phase, I saw him come out with the IC title hanging from his belt and Melina. That's all it took to get me invested in a character again.

Mercury (through Punk) because I wasn't liking what I was watching (except for Punk) and that line of "you can't change the business sitting on your couch" hit a nerve. I was about to graduate college and knew I didn't want to work in the Corporate America.

If you're asking for top 3 styles I try to emulate, I can't really say I have anyone in particular. Moves I've stolen and used multiple times: The Beauty Shot from Tyler Breeze, Harlem Side Kick from Booker T, and my finisher is the Moonlight Drive from John Morrison. Other than that I wouldn't say anyone in particular I try to emulate.

thanks for letting me know to watch out for the corkscrew neckbreaker. :lol:

I feel you on that tho, Punk's ripple effect ended my long break from watching the sport too. an MMA-code champion he may never be, but the man is a true visionary for the squared circle and he understands to to connect with modern audiences like few other athletes.

yeah tho I was kinda looking to get a overview of your style and you gave it to me...you named two striking moves and an impact finisher plus you mentioned being able to pop off a hurricanrana, so you're a bit more of a "Junior", yeah?

thanks for letting me know to watch out for the corkscrew neckbreaker. :lol:

I feel you on that tho, Punk's ripple effect ended my long break from watching the sport too. an MMA-code champion he may never be, but the man is a true visionary for the squared circle and he understands to to connect with modern audiences like few other athletes.

yeah tho I was kinda looking to get a overview of your style and you gave it to me...you named two striking moves and an impact finisher plus you mentioned being able to pop off a hurricanrana, so you're a bit more of a "Junior", yeah?

Yeah I guess I am. I definitely wouldn't consider myself no big guy. Feel free to share yours as well.

Ah man that's foul :lol: :smh: I left at 3. I work in Pasadena and that's one of the last places you want to be when it floods. A couple month back it was a major downpour all day, then the sun popped out, and as I left work I was seeing people who clearly underestimated how high the water was, seeing cars in ditches with only the windows showing. I took a whole bunch of back roads to get home and it was nearly an hour when the normal drive is just 20 minutes.

The one time it makes sense to have those red neck F-150s or Dodge Rams on monster truck tires :lol: :smh:.

Yeah I guess I am. I definitely wouldn't consider myself no big guy. Feel free to share yours as well.

well when it comes to who sparked my interest in competition, it was Chris Jericho, no doubt. world traveled champ with an extensively decorated record in the ring and a fair list of credentials outside of it.

his skill set was unique, he could go with heavies and cruiserweights, and his ring attire was consistently top notch because it matters goddammit.

watching him come out with those two titles like a god among men is one of the great images in wrestling for me, then reading his books and seeing him pop up hosting the odd TV show over the years was always cool.

my man is out here living all his dreams, and he seems like a fascinating person.

if I ever grow up, I want to be a lot like him.

DDP inspired me to finally take my insane dream seriously, showing that even a determined, athletic middle aged man with glass ribs could become a champion.

The Rock's character is probably the best of all time when it comes to public integration. think about it...all we know about the other guy is that he played football in college. the character is essentially an international movie star, generational icon, and potential political figure. that struck a real chord with me.

figured out long ago that that I was good at kicking people in the head, so you'll probably recognize a little of my arsenal from the Bookerman.

...oh, and you can't really have a finisher if nobody's ever seen you finish anyone with it, so I guess I'm still looking for a killer technique. Angle Slam has always seemed appealing tho.

Baron Corbin sounding and looking like a Disney channel character

I can totally picture him as a delinquent 8th grade older brother on an episode of Recess. stuffs Gus in a trashcan, gets beaten in a game of horse by Vince, is defeated.

well when it comes to who sparked my interest in competition, it was Chris Jericho, no doubt. world traveled champ with an extensively decorated record in the ring and a fair list of credentials outside of it.

his skill set was unique, he could go with heavies and cruiserweights, and his ring attire was consistently top notch because it matters goddammit.

watching him come out with those two titles like a god among men is one of the great images in wrestling for me, then reading his books and seeing him pop up hosting the odd TV show over the years was always cool.

my man is out here living all his dreams, and he seems like a fascinating person.

if I ever grow up, I want to be a lot like him.

DDP inspired me to finally take my insane dream seriously, showing that even a determined, athletic middle aged man with glass ribs could become a champion.

The Rock's character is probably the best of all time when it comes to public integration. think about it...all we know about the other guy is that he played football in college. the character is essentially an international movie star, generational icon, and potential political figure. that struck a real chord with me.

figured out long ago that that I was good at kicking people in the head, so you'll probably recognize a little of my arsenal from the Bookerman.

...oh, and you can't really have a finisher if nobody's ever seen you finish anyone with it, so I guess I'm still looking for a killer technique. Angle Slam has always seemed appealing tho.

I can totally picture him as a delinquent 8th grade older brother on an episode of Recess. stuffs Gus in a trashcan, gets beaten in a game of horse by Vince, is defeated.
:wow:
tl;dr
IMG_3333.PNG
IMG_3333.PNG
IMG_3333.PNG

cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 So yea, you always talk about how you like slick rollups. I have been making gifs of them for the last few years. I am going to start posting them. One at a time, I need a breakdown from you.

Scale from 1-10 and a rationale.

First one

giphy.gif

Baron Corbin sounding and looking like a Disney channel character

And he seemed more comfortable doing that than his lone wolf thing now :rofl:

Idk what Carmella was doing, but she looks better before the lip surgery. Alexa thankfully got off that fitness kick and gained some weight. Girl's shorts were fitting like a tall tee. Bayley still sucks :lol:

Back
Top Bottom