Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

• One of the reasons The New Day lost to The Usos at SummerSlam, according to Wrestling Observer, is because WWE wants them to set the record for most title reigns. It’s part of a plan to establish the trio as the "greatest tag team of all-time".

New Day is already made. Lengthy title runs >>>>>> amount of title runs. Austin, Rock, Taker, Mankind >>> HHH, Cena, Orton, Edge

1febb93bd8729d29bf65e2c96abd26c7.gif

cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 So yea, you always talk about how you like slick rollups. I have been making gifs of them for the last few years. I am going to start posting them. One at a time, I need a breakdown from you.

Scale from 1-10 and a rationale.

First one

giphy.gif

man I love this thread.

okay, so Funaki pulls out a pretty standard school boy pin here, but what makes it impressive besides the lightning-quick execution was his reaction time in sensing his failed charge into the corner, not overcommitting, and having the ring presence to not get caught with the back wheel kick on the way out.

the kick he dodged would have been heavy and sharp if it landed, so his opponent clearly has plenty of vitality left...pretty much the only reason he didn't get rolled up for 3 after such deft execution.

it's not the fanciest, but the degree of difficulty bumps the score up to a solid 6.5-would use.

I also like when the school boy is used as a disorientation tactic, like a mini-airplane spin or Gator Roll. fun to see comboed into another move too, like a strike or a submission.

New Day is already made. Lengthy title runs >>>>>> amount of title runs. Austin, Rock, Taker, Mankind >>> HHH, Cena, Orton, Edge

interesting thought, even if Ric Flair is on the other side of your argument.

Speaking of New Day, would love to see Big E get a run on his own while. Let them all contend for individual titles.

if Undertaker can lose at WM then anything can happen

Conor going to be the One in 49-1?

Last edited:
man I love this thread.

okay, so Funaki pulls out a pretty standard school boy pin here, but what makes it impressive besides the lightning-quick execution was his reaction time in sensing his failed charge into the corner, not overcommitting, and having the ring presence to not get caught with the back wheel kick on the way out.

the kick he dodged would have been heavy and sharp if it landed, so his opponent clearly has plenty of vitality left...pretty much the only reason he didn't get rolled up for 3 after such deft execution.

it's not the fanciest, but the degree of difficulty bumps the score up to a solid 6.5-would use.

I also like when the school boy is used as a disorientation tactic, like a mini-airplane spin or Gator Roll. fun to see comboed into another move too, like a strike or a submission.

interesting thought, even if Ric Flair is on the other side of your argument.

Flair's been wrestling forever though. Edge, Orton, and Cena practically had spammed title reigns, and we know all of HHH's reigns between 02-08 were starting padders as well

Flair's been wrestling forever though. Edge, Orton, and Cena practically had spammed title reigns, and we know all of HHH's reigns between 02-08 were starting padders as well

I don't necessarily disagree. in the era of greater parity and franchise expansion that took place in APW over the last 15 years or so, championships have changed hands much more frequently, so it's fair to say the value of modern reigns has been watered down to an extent.

I think the question of "greatest tag team" is a great one, and not discussed enough.

for the purposes of this debate, is The Shield a tag team or a stable? yes, Rollins and Reigns were the champions when the stable was active and Rollins and Ambrose are champs now, but the only reason they're together is because brothers in arms Sierra Hotel India and I feel like that counts.

I don't necessarily disagree. in the era of greater parity and franchise expansion that took place in APW over the last 15 years or so, championships have changed hands much more frequently, so it's fair to say the value of modern reigns has been watered down to an extent.

I think the question of "greatest tag team" is a great one, and not discussed enough.

for the purposes of this debate, is The Shield a tag team or a stable? yes, Rollins and Reigns were the champions when the stable was active and Rollins and Ambrose are champs now, but the only reason they're together is because brothers in arms Sierra Hotel India and I feel like that counts.

Seems like team and stable could be used interchangeably tbh. But I don't think Shield used the Freebird rule during their run, so I think that's how New Day is mostly referred to as a team vs Shield

I think the best option would be for New Day to go for singles titles while remaining a stable. I want to see either Kofi or Big E be WWE Champion and Xavier go for the US title because he's a very underrated wrestler.
Also think about it from the New Day's perspective. I'm sure Kofi, Big E, and Xavier who are all best friends at this point, would rather stay together having fun being themselves then be split up and going their own ways. Kofi even said he'd retire if New Day broke up.

I think the best option would be for New Day to go for singles titles while remaining a stable. I want to see either Kofi or Big E be WWE Champion and Xavier go for the US title because he's a very underrated wrestler.
Also think about it from the New Day's perspective. I'm sure Kofi, Big E, and Xavier who are all best friends at this point, would rather stay together having fun being themselves then be split up and going their own ways. Kofi even said he'd retire if New Day broke up.
big E-world title
kofi-us title
xavier-205 (cw need another big name)

You smoking crack if you think Kofi needs to be anywhete near a world title

Back
Top Bottom