WWE Elimination Chamber PPV 2/17 - Rock v Punk WWE Title Match, SD Elim Chamber | PPV Pred Contest!

You better have one of your marks record your matches.

Ps.. What them ring rats looking like?
laugh.gif
 its bottom-of-the-barrel indy wrestling. im just lucky i havent run into actual rats yet. 

havent watched RAW yet, i will later today

Ahhhh man DEEK you're right about how generic Cena, Rhodes, and Orton were. I remember when Rhodes turned on Hardcore HOLLY AND JOINED dibiase. Probably one of the most telegraphed underwhelming turns ever since the camera man botching the Mike Adamle reveal. I don't know why Bo Dallas just seems terribly generic though. Not sure how my caps lock got hit either.

I love nostalgia and all but they should have never taken the title from him.
Nah, his time was up. Matter of fact...Punk has done more for the title in these past few weeks than he had in his last days of the reign. He's clearly proved that you don't need to be the champ to keep the title relevant and make it "matter".
I know the wrestling purists out there do not like The Rock being champion, but I think the WWE is unintentionally making the belt even more important by having him hold it. Punk started this transition with his long reign and not only does Rocky bring mainstream attention, but now the few title defenses that he is going to have are going to feel more special since he is not out there wrestling every week on Raw. It's like old times for now where in order to see the champ wrestle you have to tune in to the ppv, and I don't think that's a bad thing in the short term.
Yeah, it's definitely not by design but I see your point. Key thing is it's short term and this is the only time they can get away with it.

Sometimes I wish the IWC took a step back and realized that there's more to this than having the heels look cool and strong all the damn time...

EDIT: Well damn...10k posts. Momma I made it. Years ago back in my "wilder" days on here, you never could've told me I'd keep an account long enough to have 10k posts.
laugh.gif
nthat.gif
Well my problem with the Rock getting the title was how he got it. He just threw himself into the match without having to earn it. Didn't enter the Royal Rumble, didn't have a #1 contenders match nothing. The Rock being champion doesn't make the belt more important because he's just a transitional champion which is what everyone doesn't like because it get devalued in the process. And its not always about having heels look cool. It doesn't help the WWE that their most engaging "performers" are heels. The faces they currently have are boring and are stale, Daniel Bryan included because of the Team Hell No thing. They took the reaction to Yes following WM and ran it into the ground.

The Rock has been good for the WWEs bottom line, but I don't think he's done himself any good. He can't go in the ring anymore and his mic work sucks. He's Cena with better delivery.

Last edited:
I love nostalgia and all but they should have never taken the title from him.

Nah, his time was up. Matter of fact...Punk has done more for the title in these past few weeks than he had in his last days of the reign. He's clearly proved that you don't need to be the champ to keep the title relevant and make it "matter".

I know the wrestling purists out there do not like The Rock being champion, but I think the WWE is unintentionally making the belt even more important by having him hold it. Punk started this transition with his long reign and not only does Rocky bring mainstream attention, but now the few title defenses that he is going to have are going to feel more special since he is not out there wrestling every week on Raw. It's like old times for now where in order to see the champ wrestle you have to tune in to the ppv, and I don't think that's a bad thing in the short term.

Yeah, it's definitely not by design but I see your point. Key thing is it's short term and this is the only time they can get away with it.

Sometimes I wish the IWC took a step back and realized that there's more to this than having the heels look cool and strong all the damn time...

EDIT: Well damn...10k posts. Momma I made it. Years ago back in my "wilder" days on here, you never could've told me I'd keep an account long enough to have 10k posts. :lol: :nthat:

Well my problem with the Rock getting the title was how he got it. He just threw himself into the match without having to earn it. Didn't enter the Royal Rumble, didn't have a #1 contenders match nothing. The Rock being champion doesn't make the belt more important because he's just a transitional champion which is what everyone doesn't like because it get devalued in the process. And its not always about having heels look cool. It doesn't help the WWE that their most engaging "performers" are heels. The faces they currently have are boring and are stale, Daniel Bryan included because of the Team Hell No thing. They took the reaction to Yes following WM and ran it into the ground.

The Rock has been good for the WWEs bottom line, but I don't think he's done himself any good. He can't go in the ring anymore and his mic work sucks. He's Cena with better delivery.

The way I see it, the belt never got devalued at all. To the IWC, it might be a yes.. but for most casual fans it didn't. It made more sense for them for a legend like The Rock to be holding the top belt. And as legends go, he (in theory) should transcend everything.

I think Rock's just being a company man and doing what he's told. It's true that he's far from the dude we all liked during the Attittude Era, but that's just fact we all have to deal with. It's a different landscape now. There's no strong competition, there's no "war" being fought. And truth be told, that's the main reason the product is stale. Again, the WWE got what they wanted. Some bump in ratings, some new fans... and the return of old fans as well. In that regard, Rock did his job anbd he did it well.

Last edited:
EDIT: Well damn...10k posts. Momma I made it. Years ago back in my "wilder" days on here, you never could've told me I'd keep an account long enough to have 10k posts.
laugh.gif
nthat.gif
Congrats.
nthat.gif

It took you about 10k screen names to get 10k posts but congrats nonetheless.

laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Well my problem with the Rock getting the title was how he got it. He just threw himself into the match without having to earn it. Didn't enter the Royal Rumble, didn't have a #1 contenders match nothing.
I'm not even mad about Rock being the champion right now, but how he was just gifted a title match still irks me.

Jericho's been more of a company man than the Rock has been.

For me it depends. Y2J does the right things everytime he comes back. He does the job, gets people over, the works. Dude does all the right stuff for the business, as they say. But that doesn't make him a better company man than the Rock. It's been said that it's always Y2J who would suggest that he put over younger talent, and WWE is okay with it. That's a great dude right there. But, in The Rock's case it's the company that asks that he be put over. I don't think he has a problem of jobbing to somebody else, it's just that he does what the company wants from him. And honestly, Rock is a bigger name to the casual fan thus the reason they keep pushing The Rock everytime he comes back. Though I would say, and we both might agree that it would be great if the Rock jobs to Punk at EC.

the olympics is dropping wrestling from the 2020 olympics, im pretty sure none of you care since the olympics doesnt have a soap opera type story to it.

the olympics is dropping wrestling from the 2020 olympics, im pretty sure none of you care since the olympics doesnt have a soap opera type story to it.
I'm almost willing to bet you know absolutely nothing about wrestling but decided this would be a good place to prove how cool you are.

*in before Google researched facts and amateur wrestling background

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom