WWE Night of Champions PPV 9/15 | Prediction Contest Open! | Orton v Bryan | Punk v AXEL/Heyman

Watching these AE Raw episodes you could see how much of a douche Shawn Michaels was. Is there any truth about the Rock never being interested in working with Shawn because he was rude to his mom?

I thought it was because he backed Bret hart and hbk cold shoulder him when he was coming up in the company. The hart family helped him on his way up.

I knew something was up with Lawler....

-- Several performers had their luggage lost on the flight to Toronto for tonight's show. That's the reason Jerry Lawler is wearing the WWE shirt, because the airlines lost his luggage.

I knew it! No way was Lawler willingly wearing anything but an Affliction shirt :rofl: .

Watching these AE Raw episodes you could see how much of a douche Shawn Michaels was. Is there any truth about the Rock never being interested in working with Shawn because he was rude to his mom?

I thought it was because he backed Bret hart and hbk cold shoulder him when he was coming up in the company. The hart family helped him on his way up.

Probably was a combination of several things, including HHH tryna be the next guy and being hella jealous Rock got over big time and he didnt.

I heard Paul Heyman has a match @ Night of Champions? Don't tell me that he's going to beat CM punk (with the help of a Paul Heyman guy) like John Laurinaitis beating John Cena with the help of the Big Show @ over the limit..

Last edited:
Listen to the last MLW Radio show. Nice little segment on why Paul London didn't make it in WWE

Peep, just watched Cade/Murdoch/Shelton vs. Hardy/Spanky/London

See my man London's SSP off the apron? Damn I loved that dude

Lets be honest, Paul London was never going to make it. The only thing I remember about his wwe career was him smiling before Vince got blown up, the royal rumble shooting star press spot to the outside, and getting pedigree by triple h after helping him out.

Mid-Afternoon Players sign :lol:

:rofl:

Maybe a nitpick, but maybe not.  Night of Champions is supposed to be that every title is on the line.  CURTIS AXEL isn't defending the IC Title, and Dean Ambrose as of right now has no match for the US Title.

I'm fine with Curtis Axel not defending his title, much less not being on my tv. Pretty sure Ambrose will face Kofi or Justin Gabriel on the Pre-show in a very good match that no one will see

Listen to the last MLW Radio show. Nice little segment on why Paul London didn't make it in WWE

Peep, just watched Cade/Murdoch/Shelton vs. Hardy/Spanky/London

See my man London's SSP off the apron? Damn I loved that dude

Ahhh I remember that much, but damn, it's been years since I heard a Trevor Murdoch mention :lol: I remember people referring to his finisher as the "West Texas Destroyer"

Looked like Ryback got real mad when RVD kicked him in the head... also HHH using the Austin "stack of dimes you call a neck" had me >:

I'm fine with Curtis Axel not defending his title, much less not being on my tv. Pretty sure Ambrose will face Kofi or Justin Gabriel on the Pre-show in a very good match that no one will see
Nah, the preshow is some weird tag team thing with 3MB, Usos, Broadus and T, Real Americans, and PTPers.

Raw was weak. However,
That Cesaro swing was :wow:
Goldust actually put on a good match. Very surprised by his stamina.
Good to actually see Bray in the ring, even though it involves the burial of Dolph. They need to figure out a good storyline for him though.

Didn't get to see much of RAW as of I watching MNF, but I did record it.  I did however see the Cesaro match, that swing was incredible.  Unfortunately he lost to Santino which just makes him Cesaro look really weak.  I also saw my boy Dolph lose, which caused me to stick to watching football the rest of the night.

Nah, the preshow is some weird tag team thing with 3MB, Usos, Broadus and T, Real Americans, and PTPers.

Really? Hhmmm, I'm actually interested in that match :lol:

Haha yeah they showed a little spot for the match when they came back from one of the commercials...I'm actually kind of interested as well, even though we know they are gonna make PTPers win because of DY. I wish they could've just let PTPers cook on their own instead of using DY coming out of the closet as a reason for their push.

I also don't understand what this dude Cesaro needs to do to get a push. He's literally incredible in pretty much every match he is a part of, and he's not bad on the mic either.

Decent closing segment but Orton comes off as such a secondary character to HHH.  He may be WWE Champion and "The Face of the WWE" but he doesn't feel all that important to me.  This whole thing is built around HHH.

Agree, I think this is what bothers me the most Randy as a heel is good but playing as Hunter's little sidekick is just horrible.

Chances that Show turns complete heel and joins the "whats best for business" crew?

Probably was a combination of several things, including HHH tryna be the next guy and being hella jealous Rock got over big time and he didnt.
Never heard of that story.  I would assume more that Shawn was just injured/retired for 4.5 during the majority of Rock's run.

Johnson's issues with Michaels dated back to when he was a teenager. He long harbored animosity towards Michaels because he felt he was disrespectful to his maternal grandmother (Lia Maivia) at a wrestling show she was coordinating for Polynesian Pacific Pro Wrestling. His disrespect towards her incensed Johnson, and nearly led to an altercation.

Their issues persisted several years later when Johnson was a rookie starting out in WWE. Bret Hart wrote in his 2007 autobiography, Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling, that Michaels and Triple H disliked Johnson "intensely." Both resented him because he was talented and Hart, a political foe, had taken a shine to him. Many believe they were out to sabotage Johnson so that Hunter would ascend to the top before him, since they were both viewed as the future of the company at the time.

Michaels and Hunter conspired to obstruct Johnson's push in March 1997, who was the Intercontinental Champion at the time. Michaels suggested to Vince McMahon that Johnson lose the title to Hart on an episode of RAW. Meanwhile, Hunter insisted to Hart that he beat Johnson. Their suggestion would serve two purposes — sabotage Johnson's push and take Hart out of the world title scene. Hart, however, refused to beat Johnson. Hart felt it wouldn't build heat for his newly launched heel turn, not to mention that it would undermine Johnson. Instead, Hart insisted on a DQ finish, which infuriated Michaels and Hunter.

By 1999, Johnson had ascended to the top of WWE, going beyond nearly wrestler, including Hunter. Meanwhile, a back injury had forced Michaels to retire and he was relegated to sporadic appearances. Nonetheless, Michaels attempted to politically undermine Johnson by lobbying to McMahon that he be replaced by Hunter in the main event at WrestleMania XV. His suggestion fell on deaf ears.

Johnson stated years later in a 2005 interview with WWE.com that he never had interest in working with Michaels — when asked if he would have liked to.

Total Divas on Sunday did 1.09 million viewers, a drop of 29% from the previous week.

The drop was caused by a combination of no longer having a first-run episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians as its lead-in, plus going against NFL Sunday Night Football.

Nonetheless, Michaels attempted to politically undermine Johnson by lobbying to McMahon that he be replaced by Hunter in the main event at WrestleMania XV. His suggestion fell on deaf ears.
.........and rightly so. 

Agree, I think this is what bothers me the most Randy as a heel is good but playing as Hunter's little sidekick is just horrible.

Chances that Show turns complete heel and joins the "whats best for business" crew?

I wouldn't be shocked if Show turns on D-Bry this Sunday.

I forgot to DVR Raw, sounds like I didn't miss much though.

Maybe a nitpick, but maybe not.  Night of Champions is supposed to be that every title is on the line.  CURTIS AXEL isn't defending the IC Title, and Dean Ambrose as of right now has no match for the US Title.

:lol:

The mid card division is so weak now.

This dude Curtis Axel must be getting Triple H's caffee everyday or something. Meanwhile Zigg and Fandango aren't going nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom