WWE RAW is Booked by Nine-Year Olds 8.10.2009

My own Stable would've been NOD 2.0, with Mark Henry, D'lo Brown(When he was still signed of course), and Shelton Benjamin.
There could've also been a stable with the Colons and Ricky Ortiz, it probably would've helped him get over.

I'm loving Matt Morgan in this role. Dude is killing it. I wanna see him win the strap sunday.

Originally Posted by quiickz

My own Stable would've been NOD 2.0, with Mark Henry, D'lo Brown(When he was still signed of course), and Shelton Benjamin.
There could've also been a stable with the Colons and Ricky Ortiz, it probably would've helped him get over.

Abraham Washington Could be the Jimmy Hart of the group
The problem with that stable is the "e"s pg audience... Nod 2.0 would be great for wrestling though

Mayweather could possibly host LV Raw:
There's been a lot of news coming out this week regardingfuture guest hosts for Monday Night Raw. It was announced on Raw that actor and former WWE writer Freddy Prinze Jr. will host next week's show.

Earlier this week, news broke that former Raw General Manager Mike Adamle would be returning to guest host the show in 2 weeks on August 24th. Adamle iscurrently a sports anchor and reporter for Chicago's NBC affiliate WMAQ-TV and announced on the air that he'd accepted an invitation from WWE to hostRaw on 8/24.

Now, word is coming out that there may be a different guest host when Raw rolls into Las Vegas on the 24th. According to sources, there's buzz going aroundthe WWE office in Stanford, CT that boxing champ Floyd "Money" Mayweather is rumored to be hosting that show - not Adamle.

Mayweather lives in Las Vegas and has a big fight against Juan Manuel Marquez on September 19th to promote.

SvR 2010 webite:
THQ has launched the official website for WWE's upcoming SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 video game at Smackdownvsraw.com. Virtually everything on the site says "coming soon" and there's a countdown clock (set to expire in one week) teasing a first look at this year's game, which will be released in the fall.

Matt Bentley/Michael Shane update:
After a hiatus, former TNA wrestler Matt Bentley has resumed his wrestling career as he is looking for bookings. Promoters interested in booking him should contact [email protected]. After doing job duty to Vladimir Kozlov in his WWE in-ring television debut last year, Bentley reportedly had a tryout at Florida Championship Wrestling's headquarters in Tampa. WWE opted against signing the cousin of Shawn Michaels to a contract and he temporarily left wrestling in order to form a band named "Lost in Chaos" with his friends.

Ken Kennedy blames Cena & Orton for his firing:
During a recent interview, Ken Anderson (formerly WWE star Mr. Kennedy) blamed John Cena and Randy Orton for getting him fired and implied they were using political clout to bury other wrestlers reports The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Just to clarify since his release went down months ago, John Cena did indeed go to WWE management and said that Ken was unsafe and terrible to work with. Cena wasn't the only one who did this. It was widely reported around the time of Kennedy's release that Randy Orton, who sources claim didn't try to get him fired, went off on him backstage over a back suplex during Kennedy's first match back on Raw over Orton's previously injured collarbone. In the interview, Kennedy tried to blow off that claim saying Orton jumped too hard. The only problem with that is those in WWE didn't feel Kennedy did a great job of putting Orton back down safely, which was his job.

The reaction among many in the media and even in some wrestling circles to Kennedy's claim that Cena, Orton and others were using "political clout" to get him fired is that there really wasn't another example of so many guys in a company like WWE (both top guys and mid-level guys) going to management to complain about a wrestler. One example is Rob Van Dam, who used to get pegged as being dangerous to work with from guys like Shawn Michaels, Triple H and The Undertaker. However, they never got together to try and get him fired. According to at least one strong WWE source, the heat on Kennedy dates back as early as October 2005 when he was first called up to the main roster.

In October 2005, Kennedy worked a tag match teaming with Randy Orton and Bob Orton against Eddie Guerrero and Batista. At one point during the match, Kennedy was supposed to boot Guerrero in the gut. Instead, Kennedy kicked him full on in the jaw and Guerrero was described as being outraged about it to WWE agents after the match. Another incident involved Finlay where Kennedy punted him and Finlay ended up giving him a receipt in the ring. There was another incident also with Matt Hardy where the source described Kennedy as "nearly decapitating" Matt with some spot on the ropes. Vince McMahon, who was watching on his headset, threw them on the ground and started ranting on what he just saw.

Probably one incident that stood out the most was during a Kennedy & Umaga vs. DX tag match where Kennedy screwed something up badly during the match. As a result, Michaels and Triple H pulled him aside in the Gorilla position after the match and had a very long talk with him. After that incident took place, Triple H was overheard throwing in little jabs or jokes about Kennedy when his name was brought up at meetings.

Plans for Jarrett if he returns to TNA:
In regards to Jeff Jarrett and his future with TNA Wrestling, no one seems to know anything for certain among staff and wrestlers. The word making the rounds is that when he does return he will be brought back as a wrestler, but with no front office power. This seems to be further confirmed our recent report that stated Pat Kenney (Simon Diamond) was offered his old job back as an agent with TNA, but turned it down as he specifically asked about Jarrett and was told Jarrett would only be a wrestler. There was also a report out on a website earlier this week claiming that according to a strong TNA source, the Carter family had already purchased Jarrett's remaining shares in the company. We have not been able to confirm that report. Either way, Jarrett coming in as a wrestler and being there without power will undoubtedly cause for a strange locker room atmosphere. More is expected to be known about the future direction of the company starting with the Hard Justice PPV this Sunday and the Impact TV tapings that will follow.

Elijah Burke talks about the Spirit Squad, Benoit, & TNA signing:
TNA Wrestling superstar Elijah Burke was recently interviewed by ForceofWrestling.com and spoke about a number of topics, including his amateur boxing background, how he came up with his finishing maneuver, his favorite match and more. Here's what Burke said about:

Rejecting a Spot in the Spirit Squad: "Yes, I turned it down. It was not forced upon me but an opportunity for me if I wanted it. I chose not to put myself or career into a situation for the 'Right Now Money' as I plan on being around for a while in this business," Burke told forceofwrestling.com in an interview. "I knew the Spirit Squad would get a lot of TV time and PPVs 'cause Vince said so; it was his idea. But at what cost? A year later, the stench of the SS killed (or hurt) all of their careers," Burke said. "Kudos to Dolph Ziggler for working his butt off."

Chris Benoit: "I remember talking to him, and he would tell me that he forgets a lot of things, and how he would like for me not to be afraid to communicate with him," Burke said. "He had a condition that I've witnessed older people deal with all the time, being that my mother's a nurse. And let me tell you, one minute they're telling you to help them, and the next minute they're screaming, 'Help, there's a stranger in my room.' So by Chris's brain being worse than an 80-year-old Alzheimer patient's, then who knows."

Burke says Chris Benoit saw potential in him and took him under his wing. "He had handpicked me to help elevate to the next level," Burke said. "He called me the day before they say the first 'incident' happened to check on me following my back injury when he crashed into my knees during our first and last televised match. Does that sound like a monster to you?"

Signing with TNA: "My signing with TNA was about timing and both sides being happy, plain and simple." When asked if we'll see him back in the ring soon & where, he said, "Well, I think we all know the answer to this question by now, don't we?."

Rey Mysterio's IC title tun:
To follow up on reports following WWE's Night of Champions PPV where it was originally planned and later changed that Dolph Ziggler was scheduled to win the WWE Intercontinental Championship from Rey Mysterio. According to sources, when Mysterio was unhappy several weeks ago he was promised a real championship reign and not a "quickie" reign where he loses it right back. He reportedly didn't like the way he was booked before during his reign as World Champion where he would lose quite frequently and never get the wins back. Vince McMahon overruled the decision to put the IC title on Ziggler at Night of Champions as he promised Mysterio a decent run with the title. Mysterio is booked to defend the title once again against Ziggler at SummerSlam in two weeks.

Rey Mysterio taking time off:
WWE Intercontinental Champion Rey Mysterio was not at WWE house show events or TV tapings this week. Mysterio won't be back until he begins promotion for SummerSlam as he was given time off to take his family on vacation to Hawaii. This one of the concessions that was made to keep him from leaving WWE so gets breaks from the road. Mysterio will defend the WWE Intercontinental Title against Dolph Ziggler at SummerSlam on Sunday, August 23.

Kane interested in TNA?:
In an interview with The Sun, Kane discusses such topics as Isaac Yankem, Fake Diesel, how he was not supposed to last more than six months as Kane, why he took off the mask, why he doesn't read the Internet, why the imposter Kane storyline failed, if he was ever interested in joining WCW or TNA, and more. Regarding the possibility of joining WCW or TNA, Kane said: "I've never been interested. I consider WWE to be the best there is. I have no interest in going anywhere else."

Confusing news of Helms/Velvet Sky break up:
We were informed early last week that Jamie Szantyr (a.k.a. Velvet Sky of TNA Wrestling) had broken up with WWE wrestler Gregory "Hurricane" Helms after a several-year long relationship. The following post was made on TalkImpact.com last week, with Helms himself saying it was not true (after being asked for comment): "SmackDown superstars are in the city today roaming on their day off after their show at Nassau last night. So me and my boy went to a bar this afternoon and met up with Gregory Helms. He was cool (also not with Matt, Jeff or Shannon Moore) but he was in bad spirits. He started talking to us about his girl problems. He said Monday night he had a nasty break up with TNA Knockout Velvet Sky. He said they were together 5 years and never has he had such a nasty break up. He said it was really brutal. We then started talking about my ex gf and how she wont really leave me alone. He then told my boy to break up with his gf. He said she does the same %%#$ Velvet would do and it would only end badly like his did. I mean it was awesome to have drinks with him and everything but it was...sort of depressing. We did Irish Car bombs before and left. He paid for our cabs back to Queens. Amazing man. Feel really bad for him." However, Helms wrote the following message on his Twitter account last Friday, seemingly indicating that he was no longer involved with the TNA Knockout: "All good things must come to an end." To confirm they are no longer together, both Helms and Sky set their relationship status to single on their respective MySpace accounts over the weekend. However, it would appear they are still friends as they are still ranked No. 1 on each other's "Top Friends" list.

didn't they JUST sign him?!
laugh.gif
i guess that match with miz confirmed it too ahh well he was useless with that character

WHat is the WWE doing signing and then releasing people. I wonder if they will bring him back with out the gimmick.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Eugene released:
WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Eugene as of August 14, 2009. We wish Eugene the best in all future endeavors.

Sad but I bet 9 year-oldsters actually think he's actually ******ed
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

WHat is the WWE doing signing and then releasing people. I wonder if they will bring him back with out the gimmick.
I thought he was brought back to develop talent at FCW?

916 with the news & notes
pimp.gif

Vince and them will never use any of AquaGrape's ideas because they make too much sense.

Haha, Lauren ALWAYS looks scared when doing interviews..
That's because she got hit in her mouth with some dam money. Thats sooo disrespectful.

big_boi.jpg

Originally Posted by Mister916

Confusing news of Helms/Velvet Sky break up:
We were informed early last week that Jamie Szantyr (a.k.a. Velvet Sky of TNA Wrestling) had broken up with WWE wrestler Gregory "Hurricane" Helms after a several-year long relationship. The following post was made on TalkImpact.com last week, with Helms himself saying it was not true (after being asked for comment): "SmackDown superstars are in the city today roaming on their day off after their show at Nassau last night. So me and my boy went to a bar this afternoon and met up with Gregory Helms. He was cool (also not with Matt, Jeff or Shannon Moore) but he was in bad spirits. He started talking to us about his girl problems. He said Monday night he had a nasty break up with TNA Knockout Velvet Sky. He said they were together 5 years and never has he had such a nasty break up. He said it was really brutal. We then started talking about my ex gf and how she wont really leave me alone. He then told my boy to break up with his gf. He said she does the same %%#$ Velvet would do and it would only end badly like his did. I mean it was awesome to have drinks with him and everything but it was...sort of depressing. We did Irish Car bombs before and left. He paid for our cabs back to Queens. Amazing man. Feel really bad for him." However, Helms wrote the following message on his Twitter account last Friday, seemingly indicating that he was no longer involved with the TNA Knockout: "All good things must come to an end." To confirm they are no longer together, both Helms and Sky set their relationship status to single on their respective MySpace accounts over the weekend. However, it would appear they are still friends as they are still ranked No. 1 on each other's "Top Friends" list.

I said it once and I'll say it again.
4c925f9ed3b92a2346228b1a95a346d3d6d58a5.gif

303d2qa.gif

"All I need is 5 min maybe 4..."
devil.gif

Velvet Sky
devil.gif
pimp.gif

Just finished up watching iMPACT! and I am really looking forward to the PPV this Sunday. I like the "turn" by Matt Morgan, but I don't see himwinning this weekend, but I could see Sting elevating him up when he retires.

Christy Hemme is fine, but her match was sloppy.

I don't understand why ODB is getting a title shot, but IMO there's no way she's winning

I am most looking forward to that Steel Asylum match and Elijah Burke's debut.

whats good peoples? Just came back from vacation so I've been out of the loop with Wrestling this past week. Anything interesting happened while i wasaway?

Back
Top Bottom