WWE RAW is SHAQ 7.27.2009

That was a very good main event. Even though Christian won, it really elevated Ryder to see him competitive and almost winning.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Does Ezikel Jackson's music talk about being constipated?
laugh.gif
"This song here is about constipation!"

Originally Posted by MBlackmon

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Does Ezikel Jackson's music talk about being constipated?
laugh.gif
"This song here is about constipation!"

laugh.gif

Anyone else hear Jeff Hardys old theme in the background for the Ghost Hunters commercial?
nerd.gif

And is the Raw at Mohegan Sun going to be Raw Roulette? That would be
pimp.gif

It was nice to see a celebration her fellas any news updates? I remeber a while back the talks of former WCW stars and also the talk of Eugene returning doesany one know whats up?

I was wondering since we are a community here is we could work on some things to make these weekly Threads better.

i actually caught a little of ECW for the first time in a long time.

Ezekial Jackson is big bad mofo, damn.

Vladimir Koslov has to go. Duke is a snoozefest.

Tyler Reks couldnt cut a decent promo to save his life.

Jack Swagger (even though he is not there anymore) is the best thing to come out of this "brand" ever.

Jack Swagger > your favorite wrestler

Originally Posted by Club29

Ezekial Jackson is big bad mofo, damn.

Vladimir Koslov has to go. Duke is a snoozefest.
I've always though Kozlov was a waste of time. I have no idea why they're putting him in all these squash matches. Jackson on the otherhand, that dude is a beast.

WWE using Hollywood to promote Summerslam:
As we've mentioned a few times here on the site, WWE is planning to use this year's Summerslam event in Los Angeles as a way to position the event somewhat closer to Wrestlemania in importance in hopes of building it to a position where eventually, their August PPV can be one that cities bid on hosting. Part of that strategy has been to hold AXXESS events that weekend.

Another part of that strategy will be to try and tap into the Hollywood community. WWE will be hosting a number of private parties and events that week in conjunction with their Hollywood agency, WME. The plan is to network with current WWE business partners, such as MyNetworkTV and NBC/Universal while also trying to help woo potential future partners and sponsors. WME has enlisted the entire agency to work on the project, so it's being seen as important internally.

Why and how Jeremy Piven got to be guest host of next weeks Raw:
Jeremy Piven was on this morning with Jorge Sedano on 790 the Ticket in Miami, promoting his new movie The Goods. During the interview they discussed that he will guest host Raw, and asked how he got the gig. Piven stated that he was good friends with HHH and that, "I'm his workout partner…Why do people always laugh when I say that?" The interview will be available later today at 790theticket.com.

Chris Master's return makes waves:
A number of people within WWE were talking about Chris Masters' name ended up among the top Google searches for Monday and Tuesday after his Raw return.

CM Punk's talks about his relationship with Samoa Joe, WWE releases and TNA:
I'd like to ask you about your contemporaries, you have worked with some of TNA's current roster, including the likes of AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Chris Daniels. Do you still keep up to date with them and their careers?
Not that I should shed light on my personal life, but I've just recently stayed at Joe's house in Florida for a few nights, we just hung out, never mentioned wrestling and relaxed. He's still my best friend. It's awesome to just chill out and relax by the pool that way.

Umaga and Ken Kennedy have both left the WWE recently. We've heard these were due to wellness policy violations, is this something WWE are still having trouble with?
I honestly don't know why, I was confused when Ken got let go, I'm unsure if it was down to his injuries or what. Umaga's the same and I really don't know why they were let go. It's a personal thing and I don't like to ask things like that, I'm not a gossipy guy, so it's nothing I really get involved in at all.

Finally, would you ever consider a jump ship to another company?
No, I'd not jump ship, this is the place to be, nowhere comes close and I'm happy here. We don't really have any competition and if you want to be a top class professional wrestler in the US you have to be working for the WWE.

Link: Read the full Punk interview on the U.K. Sun.

Maria sex tape angle proposal:
A member of the WWE SmackDown creative team pitched an angle for the Dolph Ziggler and Maria storyline which would have had Ziggler blackmailing Maria with video footage. It would have been heavily implied that the footage was a sex tape, although they never would have come right out and said it.

The proposed angle called for Ziggler threatening that he would show it to her family and friends, but not any of the fans. The angle was apparently rejected.
Giggity.

Mike Tenay and Don West fear for their jobs:
It is being said that Taz' arrival in TNA has "shaken up" both Mike Tenay and Don West as the general belief is that he will wind up as an announcer once his role managing Samoa Joe runs its course. One of the reasons given for West's newfound heelish persona was to get him over as a character and thus save his spot when Taz arrived. However, no one has been given any indication on what the future announcing crew would be.

Originally Posted by Mister916

A member of the WWE SmackDown creative team pitched an angle for the Dolph Ziggler and Maria storyline which would have had Ziggler blackmailing Maria with video footage. It would have been heavily implied that the footage was a sex tape, although they never would have come right out and said it.

The proposed angle called for Ziggler threatening that he would show it to her family and friends, but not any of the fans. The angle was apparently rejected.
Giggity.

Dolph Ziggler sticking it to 4wrestling...
pimp.gif

Angel

Read on another forum that there's backstage frustration with Orton, Cena, HGH hogging the main event status and that since SummerSlam '04,some combo of the three have had 24 matches either in singles, tag, or multi matches
sick.gif

One of the reasons given for West's newfound heelish persona was to get him over as a character and thus save his spot when Taz arrived.
I liked it when he'd walk off the set but Tenay by himself is awful. Let heel West stay(poorman's BobbyHeenan) add Taz and bring a 3rd announcer as a face. Fire Tenay's monotone #&%

Read on another forum that there's backstage frustration with Orton, Cena, HGH hogging the main event status and that since SummerSlam '04, some combo of the three have had 24 matches either in singles, tag, or multi matches
sick.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
.thats crazy.

Originally Posted by chino905

Read on another forum that there's backstage frustration with Orton, Cena, HGH hogging the main event status and that since SummerSlam '04, some combo of the three have had 24 matches either in singles, tag, or multi matches
sick.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
. thats crazy.

Is that just in PPV's??

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

Is that just in PPV's??
Nah.
Randy Orton won a world title for the first time at the 2004 Summerslam event. Since then, some combination (one on one, tag team and multi-man matches) of Randy Orton, HHH and John Cena have wrestled 24-times. This year's Orton vs. Cena match makes 25.

They should bring back Matt Hardy as a face. His heel turn sucked.

Ezekiel Jackson aka Harlem's gift to the WWE is a bad man. I hope he challenges Christian for the title.

Raw main events at ppvs arent stale, none of you know what you are talking about.........

I did a bit of digging around this morning and came up with this terrifying piece of information. In the last five years (starting with the first PPV after SummerSlam 2004, when Orton won the belt for the first time), some combination of Randy Orton, John Cena, and Triple H have wrestled against each other TWENTY-FOUR TIMES. That includes singles, tag, and multi-man matches, but not Royal Rumbles.

That means Cena-Orton at SummerSlam will be the 25th match in the last five years featuring some combo of these three against each other.
indifferent.gif
at the E

I firmly believe that a heel MVP could've been in the main event picture right now. He'll always be a midcard face b/c they'll never let him shineabove HGH, Cena or Balcotista.

And I swear... watching MVP come from behind the curtains now is like watching a black John Cena. Dude just looks wild %@! uncoordinated stumbling around thestage.

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

I firmly believe that a heel MVP could've been in the main event picture right now. He'll always be a midcard face b/c they'll never let him shine above HGH, Cena or Balcotista.

And I swear... watching MVP come from behind the curtains now is like watching a black John Cena. Dude just looks wild %@! uncoordinated stumbling around the stage.
laugh.gif

Elijah Burke signs with TNA:
According to sources, former WWE star Elijah Burke has signed with TNA Wrestling and will be debuting in the company soon with a new ring name.

Burke had a tryout match with TNA back in late May in a match with former WWE developmental wrestler Shawn Spears who spent time briefly on the Smackdown brand.

Both got rave reviews by TNA officials following their match. Jeremy Borash also hinted recently on his official Twitter page that "Elijah Burke" would not be coming to TNA, seeming to suggest that he would be coming in under a new name. Burke was released by WWE in October 2008 and has recently spent time in Ohio Valley Wrestling (a former developmental territory for WWE) where he got his start.

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

Originally Posted by Mister916

Giggity.
Dolph Ziggler sticking it to 4wrestling...
pimp.gif

Angel

It's already been done.

rms305.jpg

Back
Top Bottom