WWE WrestleMania XXVI 3.28 7PM | Taker vs HBK, Hart vs McMahon, Batista vs Cena, Jericho vs Edge

Did they show Manny on camera?
laugh.gif

it was definitely a change of pace compared to a lot of the recent events i've gone to (PWG, TNA, RAW, etc.) but without a doubt very fun. my seats were decent but the stupid beams on each corner blocked our view the entire night. When I get back to Cali, i'll get back with some pics/vids and review of this WM.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

who thinks taker takes it to 20-0?

I was thinking the same exact thing, with #20 being his final match.  I just don't know if Taker's body will let him go another two years.

^who do u think could be his ginal 2 mania opponents if he indeed goes that long?

^who do u think could be his ginal 2 mania opponents if he indeed goes that long?

It's honestly hard to say, but my gut tells me Cena.

I hope next year is Punk or Jericho.

I don't think there is any chance of Sting coming in.  If he hasn't been in the WWE yet, I don't think he ever will be.

sting/taker would be amazing
the mind games they would have on each other would be great leadin to the match

u think we see these retirement matches occur every other year?

we seen flair in 24, hbk in 26

or will we see wrestlers who have retired and say they have one more match in them like steamboat, snuka last year, brett this year and goldberg n austin now sayin they have one more match in them

Shawn Michaels came up short against the Undertaker last night at WrestleMania XXVI and as a result, has been forced into retirement.

For those wondering, the angle is legitimate and Michaels days as an active performer are likely over. The word backstage at WrestleMania is that Michaels is leaving the company and everybody was congratulating him on a great career and saying their goodbyes to him.

There was a celebration held for Shawn Michaels when he arrived backstage after his match last night. Michaels was greeted by WWE Hall of Famer Ricky Steamboat and the two legends hugged as soon as Michaels walked through the curtain. Michaels also embraced his wife and the two had an emotional moment together.

Michaels was telling people that it's time to be a full-time husband and a father, but he'll always be a part of WWE. He also had some words with Bret Hart and the two looked to be very friendly backstage.

video of hbk backstage
http://www.wwe.com/conten...2010/march29-31/13951768

It's hard to say. You can't predict when it is someone's time to go. Of course many would like to go out on the biggest show of the year, but you can only have one retirement match a year. Plus, if they make retirement matches the new 'trend' and guys do end up coming back later that year, then no one will take the actual match seriously thus making it lose its luster.

I really do see Shawn staying retired.

I could see someone like Austin coming back because they never really had a proper "sendoff" match.

Someone like HHH? I honestly see him taking the Hogan/Flair path and basically never retiring.

- The Hollywood Reporter reports that WWE's movie division (WWE Studios) will be shooting movies back-to-back as part of a new strategy to save on filming costs. The movies shot under this new plan are John Cena's Legendary, Big Show's Knucklehead and Randy Orton's Big Red. WWE is planning to release 9 movies under this back-to-back shooting schedule. 2011 will see three WWE movies released in theaters. John Cena's Legendary will get a limited two-week theatrical release in the US beginning in September. The DVD of the movie will be released two weeks later to take advantage of one single marketing campaign.

- With the incredible amount of money WrestleMania brings to its host city each year, Variety.comis reports that a staggering 14 cities are vying to host WWE's showcase event over the next 3 years. WrestleMania brought over $50 million to the local economies of Orlando and Houston in 2008 and 2009 and around 60% of the fans who attended those shows traveled from other states to be there. The article contains quotes from various city officials gushing about the significance of their cities hosting WrestleMania. According to Variety, Miami, Los Angeles, New York City, Detroit, Toronto, Tampa, Vancouver, New Orleans, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Orlando and Houston are now in the running to host WrestleMania 28, 29 and 30.

In an interview with WWE.com following WrestleMania XXVI, Triple H strongly endorsed his opponent Sheamus and hinted at a rematch with the Celtic Warrior.

Triple H said, "I tell you what, there's nothing I like better than a good fight. I look forward to getting back in the ring with Sheamus."

Hunter said Sheamus has that "it" factor to be a top star in the company and showed the world at WrestleMania that he deserves his spot as one of WWE's top up and coming stars.

"A lot of things go on in this business; a lot of things are said to get to WrestleMania. On the way here, I said if Sheamus didn't beat me, he would fall into a pit of obscurity. Not going to happen," Hunter said. "He has something I haven't seen in a long time in this business. He reminds me of the way I started when I got into this business."

Wonder what's next for SES. move on to RAW? CM Punk Cena feud?

oh and I lol'd too when Cena posed in front of the fans with the I hate Cena shirts on with that grin.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Captain - How you gonna write a longer preview for the tag match than any of the main events?
laugh.gif
I'm saying hahaha, honestly, I was getting ready to write my preview but, my friend and I were running late and we wanted to make sure we got to the stadium at a decent time...

Anyways as for the show itself.

Awesome experience.

Looking over some of the posts, a lot of you were having gripes with the live crowd and honestly, you do speak some truth, however, there were two huge factors IMO that contributed. First off, the roof was open but what ya'll didn't see on TV was the fact that since it is retractable they literally opened and closed it about 4 times during the event. When it was closed the crowd was hot and you could hear everything, when it was open, not so much. The open roof had so much sound escape, the sound of bodies hitting the mat was softened and it took everybody a long time to realize what other sections were chanting so the whole arean couldn't really get that unison feeling.

Second, the Bret Hart/McMahon match was MUCH worse live than on TV. This killed the crowd big time, I felt bad for Jericho and Edge because the crowd was dead for them because the "Hitman" and Vinnie Mac sucked the air out of the building. It all started when Bret started talking, I believe the roof was open so you couldn't really hear what he was saying so everybody was confused to start the match "so is Bret's family on his side or what?" It would've been much better if they just started the match and the Hart family "surprised" Vince at the end. All in all, I'd say that was the biggest reason why the crowd didn't seem to have much energy. Though for the final two matches John Cena/Batista & HBK/Undertaker, they were really hot.

Biggest full pop (Cena/Batista were a mixtrure off cheers and boos):
-The Undertaker
-Rey Mysterio
-R-Truth (only because he was the first face to come out, so naturally everybody was pumped, even though I think he's trash)

Biggest heat:
-Vicky Guerrero
-CM Punk (Haha, when Punk came out, I went nuts, and had my right hand in the air the entire time, this little boy in a Rey Mysterio mask, two seats away from me, just looked shocked.)
-Michael Cole (No joke, before the dark match, he was the first broadcaster announced, the place wanted to kill him, haha)

i read that michael cole made a flair reference

what did he sayz

HHH puts Sheamus in figure 4 and cole says, " just like his mentor, Ric Flair"

hitman talks about getting revenge at mania
http://www.wwe.com/conten...2010/march29-31/13947838

-- There was a production error during Rey Mysterio's entrance last night at WrestleMania, though it was not shown on the pay-per-view broadcast. He was set to be shot into the air via trap door, but the entrance failed to work. He was forced to crawl out of the hole and on to the stage.

-- There was a production error during Rey Mysterio's entrance last night at WrestleMania, though it was not shown on the pay-per-view broadcast. He was set to be shot into the air via trap door, but the entrance failed to work. He was forced to crawl out of the hole and on to the stage.

Last night sucked for the tech's at WWE lol. What was with Kofi's 1 boom
laugh.gif

WWE dropped the ball on the usual grand entrances. I think there was a lot of technical fails, though, especially with Kofi. There was almost no pyro for the first 6 matches. Then the Rey thing. They should have had HBK repeat the zipline.
pimp.gif

So does Punk lose his hair or was that half scrapped?
laugh.gif
WWE did the best thing they could with him by making him as close to indy Punk as they could. No one wanted to watch him as a face.

maybe we se janetty tonight? u guys think hall, nash, x pac say sumthing about hbk?

TNA Wrestling is receiving positive press via OutSports.com for featuring the first openly bisexual wrestler in a major U.S.-based pro wrestling promotion. The wrestler in question is Orlando Jordan, who resurfaces on tonight's pre-taped episode of iMPACT!

An article posted on the website notes "Orlando Jordan is the character – and truly is bisexual, not just portraying a gay (or bi) character, as has been the norm in pro wrestling's past."

The article then describes Jordan's segment on the show, which sees him lowered into the ring from the arena's rafters wrapped in yellow police tape. He then crawls up the ramp to sit on a couch between a male and female alongside a tri-colored bisexual pride flag.

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

This Wrestlemania has the potential to be really really good...there's gonna be people who will come in here and bash it regardless (we all know who they are)
Never fails.
smh.gif

Anyone who didn't think Wrestlemania 26 was a good show overall doesn't know what they're talking about.
Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

Looking over some of the posts, a lot of you were having gripes with the live crowd and honestly, you do speak some truth, however, there were two huge factors IMO that contributed. First off, the roof was open but what ya'll didn't see on TV was the fact that since it is retractable they literally opened and closed it about 4 times during the event. When it was closed the crowd was hot and you could hear everything, when it was open, not so much. The open roof had so much sound escape, the sound of bodies hitting the mat was softened and it took everybody a long time to realize what other sections were chanting so the whole arean couldn't really get that unison feeling.

Second, the Bret Hart/McMahon match was MUCH worse live than on TV. This killed the crowd big time, I felt bad for Jericho and Edge because the crowd was dead for them because the "Hitman" and Vinnie Mac sucked the air out of the building. 
Thank you!

Miami a couple of years ago had an open stadium and it was the same %+%@.

So that awful Hart/McMahon match didn't completely kill the crowd?

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

You'll never get the electricity in a football stadium that you would feel in a smaller arena.  Plus, the roof is open so even more sound is escaping.
Exactly.

I don't think people understand this...it's 70,000 heads in an OPEN environment...the sound isn't gonna translate well on TV + that Hart match killed the crowd.
The crowd overall could have been better (which in turn would have made some of the matches more "electrified") but just like CC said...70,000+ people with an open roof...it's gonna be hard trying to get chants in unison and *!@! like that.

Anyone who watched Pacman vs. Clottey at Cowboys Stadium knows what I'm talking about.

Plus there was no way Arizona was gonna have "smarky" crowds like NYC, Canada, etc.

I'd like to read more input and any other stories/pics or w/e from people who were there.

Back
Top Bottom