X-Men:First Class Thread (First leaked Pic)

laugh.gif
  Dude is still mad.
He must be 
mad.gif
, since most of us said we enjoyed the movie.

laugh.gif
  Dude is still mad.
He must be 
mad.gif

Saw it last night and thought it was great, definitely similar to what Batman Begins did for the Batman franchise. Xavier and Erik were done really well and Bacon was a great villain as Shaw, dude was just grimy the whole time. The Logan cameo was hilarious, definitely a moment where the whole theater goes nuts for like 10 seconds. There is obviously gonna be a sequel but I have no idea what mutants they will introduce.

I thought the most messed up part about Darwin dying was that not only was he black but his power was to adapt and survive, like he's supposed to be basically indestructible and bam, he gets killed with the ease. 

Saw it last night and thought it was great, definitely similar to what Batman Begins did for the Batman franchise. Xavier and Erik were done really well and Bacon was a great villain as Shaw, dude was just grimy the whole time. The Logan cameo was hilarious, definitely a moment where the whole theater goes nuts for like 10 seconds. There is obviously gonna be a sequel but I have no idea what mutants they will introduce.

I thought the most messed up part about Darwin dying was that not only was he black but his power was to adapt and survive, like he's supposed to be basically indestructible and bam, he gets killed with the ease. 

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

word. i thought dude was gonna be stone man or something from then on, but he dies the easiest. had me like
eyes.gif
  but what super hero moveis doesn't show a messed up or lacking black super hero. plus I was like
eyes.gif
 cause the black girl just had to be a stripper too. 

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

word. i thought dude was gonna be stone man or something from then on, but he dies the easiest. had me like
eyes.gif
  but what super hero moveis doesn't show a messed up or lacking black super hero. plus I was like
eyes.gif
 cause the black girl just had to be a stripper too. 

Originally Posted by shogun

laugh.gif
  Dude is still mad.
He must be 
mad.gif

laugh.gif
He does this in every comic book movie thread though.  You a grown !!* man b, stop taking this *$%! so seriously.

Originally Posted by shogun

laugh.gif
  Dude is still mad.
He must be 
mad.gif

laugh.gif
He does this in every comic book movie thread though.  You a grown !!* man b, stop taking this *$%! so seriously.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

everyone saying that you have to watch this movie by disregarding the OG storyline is the reason why these studios continue to put out garbage. you kids accept it and buy into this. they just shove it down your throat and your cannot even for a second sit back look how ******ed these movies are being made. then you complete it by flocking to the theaters. let's say you were to boycott, i believe our power in unity would change something. but i'm pretty sure the newbies want to see it because they think it is cool and know nothing about it.

This is the same cat who got mad about casting Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.
laugh.gif

"Since when was Nick Fury black?" (something along those lines)
laugh.gif
roll.gif

First Class was awesome, always liked X-Men.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

everyone saying that you have to watch this movie by disregarding the OG storyline is the reason why these studios continue to put out garbage. you kids accept it and buy into this. they just shove it down your throat and your cannot even for a second sit back look how ******ed these movies are being made. then you complete it by flocking to the theaters. let's say you were to boycott, i believe our power in unity would change something. but i'm pretty sure the newbies want to see it because they think it is cool and know nothing about it.

This is the same cat who got mad about casting Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.
laugh.gif

"Since when was Nick Fury black?" (something along those lines)
laugh.gif
roll.gif

First Class was awesome, always liked X-Men.

I'm not even mad. I just find it funny that you newbies know nothing about the essence of comics. you guys never religiously visited comic book shops as a kid. you guys probably made fun of people who would be seen with comics. it's all good though. i'll just continue to boycott and you guys continue to eat up the garbage. continue to buy your shirts from hot topic. continue to make these studios richer and produce more garbage. i remember when origins first came out everyone was geeking hard, then it came out and so many disappointed faces
laugh.gif
it's all good. i'll stick to comics and cartoons that are actually true to the story. and not some edited, fabricated, tailored marketable garbage. the thing is with you guys is that you don't have a back bone and take it for it is instead of actually doing something about. you guys would rather lay down submit. have fun with the marvel garbage and continue to live the lie that these movies are actually GREAT ! because it has good reviews
laugh.gif

I'm not even mad. I just find it funny that you newbies know nothing about the essence of comics. you guys never religiously visited comic book shops as a kid. you guys probably made fun of people who would be seen with comics. it's all good though. i'll just continue to boycott and you guys continue to eat up the garbage. continue to buy your shirts from hot topic. continue to make these studios richer and produce more garbage. i remember when origins first came out everyone was geeking hard, then it came out and so many disappointed faces
laugh.gif
it's all good. i'll stick to comics and cartoons that are actually true to the story. and not some edited, fabricated, tailored marketable garbage. the thing is with you guys is that you don't have a back bone and take it for it is instead of actually doing something about. you guys would rather lay down submit. have fun with the marvel garbage and continue to live the lie that these movies are actually GREAT ! because it has good reviews
laugh.gif

siap...  did yall see that January Jones (white queen) is pregnant.. and the father could possibly be Matthew Vaughn (director and husband of Claudia Schiffer)? Another name being rumored is Fassbender (Magneto)

siap...  did yall see that January Jones (white queen) is pregnant.. and the father could possibly be Matthew Vaughn (director and husband of Claudia Schiffer)? Another name being rumored is Fassbender (Magneto)

You're clearly mad
laugh.gif

Congratulations, you're the "true" fan, only you get the comics and the essence of the story and all of us are mere peasants at the foot of your lofty pedestal.

Get over yourself man... you're making huge generalizations about people who happened to enjoy the movie... you can be a fan of the original comics AND separate that from the movies. You sound like nothing but a petty elitist who is mad and annoyed that now comics are "cool" and that all of the "newbies" are enjoying what used to be your thing.

Here's the truth, you're upset that they didn't stick to the original material, and in your mind because of that it cannot be a good movie... and that's simply wrong. Failing to respect and follow the comic origins is a legitimate complaint and I understand the group of fans who are upset whenever Hollywood does that, but the failure to separate the comics from the movies is the issue. Marvel has been able to release good MOVIES that don't always follow the original material. From a critical cinematic standpoint, they've put out quality films and First Class is included. Feel free to boycott the fact that they've taken liberties with the source material... something Hollywood has always done and will always continue to do, but complaining in a thread about those very films you say you boycott is pointless. But if you boycott them, how could you know if they're actually that bad? 

Keep on fighting the good fight sir, you're such a rebel by not seeing this movie... surely from your courageous actions soon we all will see the light and no longer be spineless drones being controlled by Hollywood.

You're clearly mad
laugh.gif

Congratulations, you're the "true" fan, only you get the comics and the essence of the story and all of us are mere peasants at the foot of your lofty pedestal.

Get over yourself man... you're making huge generalizations about people who happened to enjoy the movie... you can be a fan of the original comics AND separate that from the movies. You sound like nothing but a petty elitist who is mad and annoyed that now comics are "cool" and that all of the "newbies" are enjoying what used to be your thing.

Here's the truth, you're upset that they didn't stick to the original material, and in your mind because of that it cannot be a good movie... and that's simply wrong. Failing to respect and follow the comic origins is a legitimate complaint and I understand the group of fans who are upset whenever Hollywood does that, but the failure to separate the comics from the movies is the issue. Marvel has been able to release good MOVIES that don't always follow the original material. From a critical cinematic standpoint, they've put out quality films and First Class is included. Feel free to boycott the fact that they've taken liberties with the source material... something Hollywood has always done and will always continue to do, but complaining in a thread about those very films you say you boycott is pointless. But if you boycott them, how could you know if they're actually that bad? 

Keep on fighting the good fight sir, you're such a rebel by not seeing this movie... surely from your courageous actions soon we all will see the light and no longer be spineless drones being controlled by Hollywood.

Back
Top Bottom