X-Men:First Class Thread (First leaked Pic)

Originally Posted by staystrong

the only mutant death in the whole movie was the black mutant **!& x-men first class

He dies in the comics too I think his role was true to that of the comics, jus sayin.

the only mutant death in the whole movie was the black mutant **!& x-men first class

He dies in the comics too I think his role was true to that of the comics, jus sayin.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Originally Posted by Parker Peterson

Originally Posted by Big J 33

How many times must it be mentioned? Him saying slaves and the camera focusing on Darwin made perfect sense within the context of the scene... It wasn't racist or insulting or anything like that. He was comparing the possible enslavement of the mutants to slavery in the United States and in that moment was appealing directly to a black character.

I agree. Did you guys kind of get a Malcolm X and MLK vibe from Magneto and Prof X? I definitely saw a little bit of MLK in Prof X with the "we can live in peace and they can accept us" kinda thing while Magneto had the more Malcolm attitude of "we don't need to be accepted, we should be independent and proud of who we are are". Just my two cents after taking an African American History class.

Ps. Killing Darwin, when he could possibly have  the most beneficial power. C'mon man. And having Angel start out as stripper and turn to the "bad" side. SMH

X-Men was inspired by the Civil Rights Movement.
im pretty sure x-men was coppied off of another comic that was made years before the civil rights movement ever arose.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Originally Posted by Parker Peterson

Originally Posted by Big J 33

How many times must it be mentioned? Him saying slaves and the camera focusing on Darwin made perfect sense within the context of the scene... It wasn't racist or insulting or anything like that. He was comparing the possible enslavement of the mutants to slavery in the United States and in that moment was appealing directly to a black character.

I agree. Did you guys kind of get a Malcolm X and MLK vibe from Magneto and Prof X? I definitely saw a little bit of MLK in Prof X with the "we can live in peace and they can accept us" kinda thing while Magneto had the more Malcolm attitude of "we don't need to be accepted, we should be independent and proud of who we are are". Just my two cents after taking an African American History class.

Ps. Killing Darwin, when he could possibly have  the most beneficial power. C'mon man. And having Angel start out as stripper and turn to the "bad" side. SMH

X-Men was inspired by the Civil Rights Movement.
im pretty sure x-men was coppied off of another comic that was made years before the civil rights movement ever arose.

finally saw the movie yesterday. I was very surprised at how good it was. I cant wait to see the next few movies in any x men series

finally saw the movie yesterday. I was very surprised at how good it was. I cant wait to see the next few movies in any x men series

laugh.gif
@ magneto's helmet

laugh.gif
word we just Gon act like Darwin getting offed by Kevin bacon didn't happen!?

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
wassup goldfishes
spoiler alert**don't read if you didn't watch the movie.
Spoiler [+]
Kevin Bacon killed black dude, Magneto killed Kevin Bacon, 2mutant deaths

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
wassup goldfishes
spoiler alert**don't read if you didn't watch the movie.
Spoiler [+]
Kevin Bacon killed black dude, Magneto killed Kevin Bacon, 2mutant deaths

Sorry if late.

But this movie must be the beginning of a new series of x-men movies because the end contradicts the beginning of "X-Men The Last Stand" where Xavier is with Magneto recruiting Jean Grey.

I know in the comics Xavier regains use of his legs many times, but him and Magneto being together just can't be possible.

Sorry if late.

But this movie must be the beginning of a new series of x-men movies because the end contradicts the beginning of "X-Men The Last Stand" where Xavier is with Magneto recruiting Jean Grey.

I know in the comics Xavier regains use of his legs many times, but him and Magneto being together just can't be possible.

Late here as well. but if you go back a month or maybe 10 pages you would see me posting in here hating on the movie and basically being a nerd cause they switch up the story. Well, was I wrong. After seeing all the good reviews I decided that I had to go see and the movie was way better than I expected. For switching the origin and characters up, it works really well for the movie franchise and the movie "xmen". Or course I still wish it was more like comic xmen but it was still really good and i would see a First Class 2 if that ever comes out

Back
Top Bottom