X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Movie is Out, What Did You Guys Think?

^^
roll.gif

Please let him be like that in Wolverine

I just finished watching all four clips on yahoo movies and did anyone catch that little girl with gray hair? Is that Storm as a kid? Could it be? They showthe little girl right after the scene where wolverine is boxing that guy.

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

I just finished watching all four clips on yahoo movies and did anyone catch that little girl with gray hair? Is that Storm as a kid? Could it be? They show the little girl right after the scene where wolverine is boxing that guy.
I believe it is Storm.

a few wolverine facts

# Wolverine wasn't in the original line-up of Marvel Comics' "X-Men" that was created by Stan Lee in the 1960s. He first appeared as anadversary to The Incredible Hulk, and was brought into the X-Men when the series was restarted in 1975.

# Co-creator Len Wein's original idea was that the character was actually a wolverine cub that was mutated into human form. He also intended forWolverine's signature claws to extend from his gloves, not from his body. But these ideas were dropped when new writer Chris Claremont took over theseries.

# Wolverine was originally a supporting character, with the focus of the X-Men stories mostly on team leader Cyclops. But he quickly became a fan favorite, andhe got his own solo series in the '80s. Last year, Wizard Magazine ranked him at #1 in their "Top 200 Comic Book Characters of All Time" list.

# Troye Sivan as Young Logan Logan's backstory was mostly kept hidden for the first 25 years of his existence. Finally in 2001, Marvel released thesix-issue series "Origin" which told Logan's life story. Born in Canada in the 1800s, James Howlett discovered his mutant powers (and claws ofbone that pop out of his hands) after a family tragedy. This story is the jumping off point for the new movie.

# Russell Crowe was director Bryan Singer's first choice to play Wolverine in the first "X-Men" movie, but his asking price was too high.Scottish actor Dougray Scott was then cast, but he dropped out when filming went long on "Mission: Impossible 2." Hugh Jackman stepped into the roletwo weeks into filming, and at 6'2", he stands about a foot taller than how Wolverine is depicted in the comics.

# Hugh Jackman as Wolverine Around 700 pairs of Wolverine claws were constructed for the original X-Men movie. They were made of metal for close-ups, plasticfor longer shots, and rubber for stunts. Each pair were specially fitted for Jackman or the stuntman who wore them. The special effects crew also made areplica of Jackman's arm so that the claws could physically pop out without digital effects.

# "X-Men: The Last Stand" was the final movie with the original lineup of characters, but more X-movies are in the works. "Wolverine" isintended to launch not only a series of solo movies for Jackman, but also the "Origins" franchise. Currently in the works is "Magneto,"exploring the backstory of the villain. Also, "Gossip Girl" creator Josh Schwartz is writing "X-Men: First Class," about the teenagestudents of Professor X's school.

# Taylor Kitsch as Gambit "Wolverine" introduces some new mutants that will be played by some fresh faces. One is long-time fan favorite, Gambit, amutant who can energize objects into explosive weapons. He'll be played by Taylor Kitsch, star of TV's "Friday Night Lights." It's thebiggest movie role yet from the Canadian hockey player-turned-actor, who previously appeared in "The Covenant" and "Snakes on a Plane."

# TDaniel Henney as Agent Zero The new movie will also introduce audiences to Daniel Henney, an American-born actor who has become an enormous star in SouthKorea. He broke out in the TV drama, "My Name Is Kim Sam-Soon," a show so popular over half the country tuned in for the series finale. In"Wolverine" he plays Agent Zero, a government operative who is part of the Weapon X program that gives Logan his metallic skeleton.

# Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth Some more familiar names popping up in the new movie include Liev Schreiber, who put on 40 pounds of muscle to play the menacingSabretooth. Ryan Reynolds appears as Deadpool, a mutant mercenary who may get his own movie in the future. Dominic Monaghan plays Bolt, who manipulates energy,and will.i.am has his acting debut as the teleporting Wraith. One face you know but won't recognize is Kevin Durand, who was the evil soldier Keamy on"Lost" last season. He is unrecognizable under piles of makeup as the immovable villain, The Blob (but you'll see him in flashbacks).

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

I think I'm going to cry...
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

What the hell did they do to him. I pray that is just a prototype and never sees the light of day in the movie.........

mad.gif
frown.gif
embarassed.gif

From wikipedia

[h3]Film[/h3]
[h1]Reynolds, will.i.am join 'Wolverine'[/h1] [h2]Taylor Kitsch to play Gambit in Hood's 'Origins'[/h2]
[h3]By MARC GRASER, TATIANA SIEGEL[/h3]

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
reynolds_ryan.jpg

Reynolds

kitsch_taylor.jpg

Kitsch

will_i_am.jpg

will.i.am
[/td] [/tr][/table]
More Articles:

[h2]Fire ravages historic Venice hotel[/h2] [h2]Beta takes 'Heart' from EFM success[/h2] [h2]Revolver shoots pact with Macmillan[/h2] [h2]ThinkFilm picks up 'Fragments'[/h2] [h2]NFBC, iThentic team on tech films[/h2] [h2]Saudi Arabia unveils first film festival[/h2]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Twentieth Century Fox has added three more superheroes to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," with Ryan Reynolds set to play Deadpool, "Friday Night Lights" regular Taylor Kitsch to star as Gambit and hip-hop artist will.i.am joining the cast as John Wraith.
Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston and Lynn Collins round out the cast as Victor Creed/Sabretooth, Col. William Stryker and Kayla Silver Fox, respectively.

Hugh Jackman reprises the role of Wolverine in the "X-Men" spinoff that Gavin Hood is lensing in New Zealand, Australia and New Orleans. Pic bows May 1, 2009.

David Benioff penned the script, which would reveal the origins of the Wolverine character and introduce other mutants not yet seen in the "X-Men" franchise.

Marvel has been eyeing the possibility of casting Reynolds as Deadpool, an assassin with self-healing powers, for some time with the idea of spinning off the character into his own film series should the character prove popular among moviegoers.

Fox and Marvel have also long wanted to add the card-throwing character of Gambit to the "X-Men" franchise but could never find a way to give him enough screen time among the many other mutants that have appeared in each film.

Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am will play Wraith, a mutant who has the power to teleport, and is another test subject of the Weapon X program that created Wolverine and other mercenaries. It would be his first film role.

Lauren Shuler Donner and Ralph Winter are producing with Jackman and his Seed Prods. producing partner John Palermo. Marvel's Kevin Feige exec produces.

yeah, I heard that was him in the trailer but couldn't believe they actually put Baraka in the movie and called him Deadpool. Oh well
eyes.gif
, I wasn't really expecting him to put on the costume until the very end ofthe movie anyways

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

I think I'm going to cry...
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

What the hell did they do to him. I pray that is just a prototype and never sees the light of day in the movie.........

mad.gif
frown.gif
embarassed.gif

I thought it was just a prototype too until I saw this: (SPOILER!!!!!)

http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2009/02/super-hero-squad-deadpool-confirms.htmlhttp://www.deadpoolbugle....ad-deadpool-confirms.html

I'll add this to the list of why this movie will suck thanks to Fox head honcho Tom Rothman, even if he didn't play a part in howhe looks. It's funny to try and think of the thought process that these people have when coming up with character designs: "ok everybody wants to seeDeadpool, so I'll say **#! you to the world and make him look nothing like how people want him to and I'll see all you bastards in hell."

Ridiculous

Nope, not a stunt double.

Spoiler [+]
It is supposed to be weapon XI but I think they decided to take advantage of Deadpool's popular name and make him Weapon XI.

deadpoolsquad2pj8.jpg
squaddeadpool1yt9.jpg

I have so much more disappointing spoiler but this movie is slowly dying, deestroyed, ripped apaert in my eyes.
WATCHMEN > Wolverine . . . . by a longshot!

Originally Posted by frankl1001

i think weapon xi and deadpool are 2 different people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(film)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(film)

Spoiler [+]
yes, they are two different people, but from what I am hearing, Deadpool and Gambit are last minute additions and it seems like they just made Weapon XI as Deadpool to give it a name and some hype or to just put Deadpool in the movie itself. As you can read, he played Reynolds stunt double too but those toys and evidence saying it is Deadpool (the bold guy/weapon XI). So technically, it is the stunt double, but most likely playing Deadpool/Ryan Reynolds. But who knows, but my expectation of this movie has dropped dramatically.

It will be fine guys don't worry.

So quick to jump off the bridge just bc something SEEMS a bit off.
smh.gif

I still have a feeling this will be the movie of the summer along with Transformers 2
pimp.gif

And I WILL cop any Deadpool toys I see ....he's my fav. Marvel character
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom