Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Anybody with families, spouses, kids etc. will understand the need for a gaming headset, especially if you game at night.

Astros seem like a colossal waste of money for someone whos a causal gamer (casual meaning not a professional or aspiring professional). If all I'm going to do is sit in my room and be an online warrior I cant justify buying a headset that costs 40-80% what I paid for the console.

Same can be said for that new controller

Horrible logic, my guy.

I've gone through 3 turtle beach headsets totaling in $280. They didnt feel comfortable and the sound was "good enough".

I copped my astro A40's for $150 with a mixamp on sale (Never cop full price... foolish...) and the sound quality is phenomenal and I can wear them all day.

I've spent MORE in crap headsets than I have on the GOAT headset.

You dont need to make money gaming or play at a competitive tournament level to justify a comfortable high quality headset.

Also, i've said this numerous times, i actually DO wear Astros all day as they are the headphones I use at work also.

I also fancy myself to lean a bit more towards the audiophile life though. I spent a few grand on upgrading the audio system in my car as well... I dont compete in car competitions...

Probably less than .0000000001% of NT makes money playing basketball yet probably more than 99.99999999999% of us have more basketball shoes than aspiring basketball pros...

THAT makes a lot less sense IMO.

I mean... this is the x1 thread... ain't nobody playing 360 anymore man lol
well I still am, besides the 360 thread is dead. I thought this was like the PS thread where all the Sony products are discussed.

If you wear glasses bro you won't need them anymore if you upgrade to the X1.

Have you thought about upgrading? @louislagerfeld
yea I've thought about it, but I'm just a casual gamer and I couldn't justify spending that type of money. At the time of the launch, I didn't know there were going to be next gen consoles releasing that holiday season.

Horrible logic, my guy.

I've gone through 3 turtle beach headsets totaling in $280. They didnt feel comfortable and the sound was "good enough".

I copped my astro A40's for $150 with a mixamp on sale (Never cop full price... foolish...) and the sound quality is phenomenal and I can wear them all day.

You dont need to make money gaming or play at a competitive tournament level to justify a comfortable high quality headset.

Also, i've said this numerous times, i actually DO wear Astros all day as they are the headphones I use at work also.

I also fancy myself to lean a bit more towards the audiophile life though. I spent a few grand on upgrading the audio system in my car as well... I dont compete in car competitions...

Probably less than .0000000001% of NT makes money playing basketball yet probably more than 99.99999999999% of us have more basketball shoes than aspiring basketball pros...

I mean why would I want to sprint if I'm not going to compete in a race or marathon :D

Bad joke...I know, I know. Sprint doesnt belong in Halo multiplayer

Horrible logic, my guy.

I mean why would I want to sprint if I'm not going to compete in a race or marathon
happy.gif

Bad joke...I know, I know. Sprint doesnt belong in Halo multiplayer
roll.gif

I don't see a gaming headset as a bad investment, and from people in here the Astros last a good while.

I mean... this is the x1 thread... ain't nobody playing 360 anymore man lol
well I still am, besides the 360 thread is dead. I thought this was like the PS thread where all the Sony products are discussed.

If you wear glasses bro you won't need them anymore if you upgrade to the X1.

Have you thought about upgrading? @louislagerfeld
yea I've thought about it, but I'm just a casual gamer and I couldn't justify spending that type of money. At the time of the launch, I didn't know there were going to be next gen consoles releasing that holiday season.
We are all casual gamers bro lol I mean the 360 has a couple more years but eventually if will be phased out, all depends on your gaming preference if upgrading is right for you. A couple of staple series are continued, some new ones may be born.

I don't see a gaming headset as a bad investment, and from people in here the Astros last a good while.

I've had mine since 2011 and still going strong.

Worth every $:

• it allows me to play games late at night when others are sleeping.
  • more comfortable than cheaper headsets
  • 4+ years of use out of a $250 purchase is good value in my opinion

For a headset that costs $300, i better be able to hear other players thoughts.
:rofl:

shottadru shottadru I think the 360 is done bro. It seems like it only gets sports, CoD games. I'm surprised RotTR wasn't canceled for it.

On another subject, when you gonna cop DkSouls 2? That BB expansion got me too hyped.

roll.gif

@shottadru I think the 360 is done bro. It seems like it only gets sports, CoD games. I'm surprised RotTR wasn't canceled for it.

On another subject, when you gonna cop DkSouls 2? That BB expansion got me too hyped.
Nah MGS V just dropped on last gen. They still gonna drop games on it until Sony and MS say they aren't no longer supporting them.

No time bro. Might just jump right into DS3. The Destiny DLC is solid. Between that MGS and FIFA it's a wrap until Halo and BB DLC. Imma preorder the DLC for sure! trailer was so nice, the new weapons look crazy.

Xbox one Astro A40s Retail at $199 but go on sale to $149 almost once a month.

The Astro A40s with a dedicated mixamp retail at $249 but go on sale to $199 almost once a month.

:rolleyes

That's why you're taping up your headset tho.

The struggle is real bro. I had a friend in high school that would tie two tube socks around his head and stick the earpiece between his head and sock once the band broke on the mic that came with the 360. on sentence>

The struggle is real bro. I had a friend in high school that would tie two tube socks around his head and stick the earpiece between his head and sock once the band broke on the mic that came with the 360.
cant lie when head bands were in style and my 360 mic broke after buying a 3rd one i decided to wear the head band and place the mic under it. Worked perfect 
roll.gif

The struggle is real bro. I had a friend in high school that would tie two tube socks around his head and stick the earpiece between his head and sock once the band broke on the mic that came with the 360.
I def know that struggle I had cheap headsets in the past, trying to crazy glue, use rubber bands and stuff so I could still wear them.

cant lie when head bands were in style and my 360 mic broke after buying a 3rd one i decided to wear the head band and place the mic under it. Worked perfect 
roll.gif
Melo of 360

Back
Top Bottom