Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
$150 controller is cool, but $200 headset is too much?

ohwell.gif

I agree with @Antidope that if you're just a casual gamer then $300 for some damn headsets that cost almost as much as the system is crazy.

Hell no. Yes they may be nice and well reviewed, but I can't see myself spending that type of bread on some headsets.

I have those Polk Audio that I posted in here that are like $150 or something I think and I got them for $20 I think on some random sale I posted it in here but I don't think anybody bit.

Wasn't a bad deal and they aren't the best but they did the job for $20-$40. Only bad thing was the mic was far away from your mouth so you had to speak really loud for players to hear.

When MCC first dropped I was speaking really loud into the mic for shottadru shottadru and @BLASTERCOMBO to hear me. I ended up buying this gaming boom mic for V-moda on Amazon for like another $20 and I've been good money so far.

Also, for you guys saying that Astro's are good for playing at night yes having a headset while you game to keep things quiet from everyone else is good. But, remember if you're playing a competitive FPS shooter you still have to do callouts and what not so you're still going to be making noise.

In the end yes Astro's might be good, but for that price unless you're really hardcore then I think you would be good with something cheaper. If I could cop some A40's for around $100 with $130 being the most I probably would. Hell I remember last christmas I was scrambling trying to get the A40's from Microsoft when they lowered them to $50. Someone on here ate though he had like 10 headsets he got for $50 each.

$150 controller is cool, but $200 headset is too much?

:\

Same rule applies to that controller as well as scruffs and all they other expensive one as they do with Astros or anything else expensive for that matter. They help you get a competitive advantage, but is it really needed if you're a casual gamer? The answer is no.

My first gaming headset was the PX4s that I bought for my PS4. They were cool at first but after awhile I noticed they hurt after a few hours. I gave them to my bro and now Im using the gold wireless joints for the ps4. I'll be grabbing some Astros in the near future. I just need to see how to get them to work for both X1/PS4.

Last edited:
What do you consider a casual gamer? Dudes here who frequent the thread. involved guys not the lurkers. You consider yourself casual?

I prob posted the Polk sale bro.

They would of sent you the boom mic for free but for what you paid overall you still won. @Putting In Work

Nah it was most definitely me who posted that sale I put it in the godzilla size letter too. They were up for a minute too like a few days, but everyone said they were crap and plus the website seemed sketchy to order from also but they sent me mine and you're right for the price they are clutch.

I do remember something about contacting them for a boom mic and I think I did but got no response.

My first gaming headset was the PX4s that I bought for my PS4. They were cool at first but after awhile I noticed they hurt after a few hours. I gave them to my bro and now Im using the gold wireless joints for the ps4. I'll be grabbing some Astros in the near future. I just need to see how to get them to work for both X1/PS4.
Polks work for both FYI. I like them on the PS4 a little more actually that chat adapter is annoying sometimes on Xbox.

I prob posted the Polk sale bro.

They would of sent you the boom mic for free but for what you paid overall you still won. @Putting In Work

Nah it was most definitely me who posted that sale I put it in the godzilla size letter too. They were up for a minute too like a few days, but everyone said they were crap and plus the website seemed sketchy to order from also but they sent me mine and you're right for the price they are clutch.

I do remember something about contacting them for a boom mic and I think I did but got no response.
My fault bro read it wrong, not trying to steal 'first' credit. Im quite envious you won like that, I paid full retail lol I copped when they first dropped tho.

What do you consider a casual gamer? Dudes here who frequent the thread. involved guys not the lurkers. You consider yourself casual?
Casual gaming IMO, is someone who plays games once or twice a week, 30 minute increments here and there, plays only the "cool" games like GTA, Madden, 2K and CoD.

Polks work for both FYI. I like them on the PS4 a little more actually that chat adapter is annoying sometimes on Xbox.
Yeah I can't even find my chat adapter otherwise I could just use my PS4 headset for the one. I'm gonna get some X1 controllers soon but I still want a great headset for both. I don't mind paying for the Astros if they last long and are comfortable. I'll probably even get a protection plan just in case.

I would consider myself below a casual player because I hardly get to play because of everything else. I don't have that much free time as when I was younger.

I play games that I see you guys recommend on here and I use to buy multiplayer games that some on here recommended but I stop that now because besides you shotta everyone hardly be on like that on here.

I'm like they only one still playing Halo multiplayer too so I'm the odd man out :lol:

And it's really nobody's fault it's just that Xbox has so many games any everyone has different tastes... some rock Halo, COD, Gears, Borderlands, Destiny and so much more.

A casual gamer is someone who isn't a tryhard that just plays games to kill time and have fun. I fall in between because with Halo or COD I tryhard :lol: especially Halo but single player games like Batman I play leisurely and just whenever I want to and have free time.

Speaking of which I ended Batman yesterday and immediately took out the disk and put Halo in and started playing and got tight at the randoms I was playing with.

Yeah I can't even find my chat adapter otherwise I could just use my PS4 headset for the one. I'm gonna get some X1 controllers soon but I still want a great headset for both. I don't mind paying for the Astros if they last long and are comfortable. I'll probably even get a protection plan just in case.
I think with the new controllers no adapter is needed.

Back
Top Bottom