• Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Halo anyone?

I'd play but I'm pretty trash, I have two left hands.

Damn, some good deals on 2 TB HDDs:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-p...itanium/1902234.p?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0

Of their ebay store

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20125534020...&afepn=5335869999&afepn=5335869999&rmvSB=true

For $30, bad part is it's store pick up only, maybe some of you are lucky to be able to buy from your local store. And maybe help a fellow NT out lol? My local stores are sold out.

Fry's price match??

Has anybody else in the preview program been having problems with their apps since they got their dashboard update?

Mine have been spazzing lately

Anyone know if Rank and Tier increase based on total cumulative wins, or does it also account for win percentage?

In other words, can you only win %40 of your matches, but grind and acquire X amount of wins to advance Tier?
Win percentage is taken into account along with who's on your team and who you lost to. The problem with the tier method that they're using is that the penalty for losses isn't steep enough and it just encourages playing a lot more. Playing more games gives the system more time to "Figure out where you're supposed to be" and that coupled with a low penalty for losses just gives people the ability to play a ton and potentially benefit.

Reach had this same problem if you played with the intention of ranking up you basically had to commit to playing whenever you felt like you had a chance of losing your spot in the rankings because after a month it goes away and you have to do it again. 

You shouldn't lose rankings because you chose not to play for a set time period that makes no sense at all, and thats what happened in Reach and what will happen here.

1-50 is a much better system. Removing the ranks month after month and making me play to get the same rank I got last month takes a lot of the achievement and thrill out of it. Feels like you're playing for nothing almost.

Last edited:
You can also make clans in Halo 5 now. Well save a spot just for anti, when he decides to come around

Blue. Noble. Crimson. Osiris. Legendary Spartan teams that have defined a universe. With Spartan Companies in Halo 5: Guardians, you can now create your own group of legendary warriors and forge a new legacy in your Halo experience.
Spartan Companies are designed to unite players under a common banner, and take team play to a whole new level as you rise up the ranks.
Join an active Spartan Company or create your own, and receive a free REQ Pack guaranteed to contain a customization item. Once you’ve got your shiny new piece of Mjolnir, you can customize your Spartan right here on Halo Waypoint.
Make your Spartan Company stand out from the crowd with unique emblems, banners, colors, and more. Recruit up to 100 of your friends and fellow combatants to fill out your ranks and ready your company for battle in the Wargames.

Last edited:
Has anybody else in the preview program been having problems with their apps since they got their dashboard update?

Mine have been spazzing lately
The update is very unstable, first day it fake fried my Xbox, I was able to fix the issue I was having with wireless but I get random errors from time to time just opening games. Other than that the UI is pretty dope and def much much faster. Opening the friendlist, sending invites its beautiful.

You can also make clans in Halo 5 now. Well save a spot just for anti, when he decides to come around

Blue. Noble. Crimson. Osiris. Legendary Spartan teams that have defined a universe. With Spartan Companies in Halo 5: Guardians, you can now create your own group of legendary warriors and forge a new legacy in your Halo experience.
Spartan Companies are designed to unite players under a common banner, and take team play to a whole new level as you rise up the ranks.
Join an active Spartan Company or create your own, and receive a free REQ Pack guaranteed to contain a customization item. Once you’ve got your shiny new piece of Mjolnir, you can customize your Spartan right here on Halo Waypoint.
Make your Spartan Company stand out from the crowd with unique emblems, banners, colors, and more. Recruit up to 100 of your friends and fellow combatants to fill out your ranks and ready your company for battle in the Wargames.

Sounds dope.

Anyone know if Rank and Tier increase based on total cumulative wins, or does it also account for win percentage?

In other words, can you only win %40 of your matches, but grind and acquire X amount of wins to advance Tier?
Win percentage is taken into account along with who's on your team and who you lost to. The problem with the tier method that they're using is that the penalty for losses isn't steep enough and it just encourages playing a lot more. Playing more games gives the system more time to "Figure out where you're supposed to be" and that coupled with a low penalty for losses just gives people the ability to play a ton and potentially benefit.

Reach had this same problem if you played with the intention of ranking up you basically had to commit to playing whenever you felt like you had a chance of losing your spot in the rankings because after a month it goes away and you have to do it again. 

You shouldn't lose rankings because you chose not to play for a set time period that makes no sense at all, and thats what happened in Reach and what will happen here.

1-50 is a much better system. Removing the ranks month after month and making me play to get the same rank I got last month takes a lot of the achievement and thrill out of it. Feels like you're playing for nothing almost.

Thanks for the thorough explanation antidope antidope

The monthly reset does sound stupid. Seems like it would encourage population drop-off

You're not buying the game, so why do you even care :lol:

We gotta buy every game we talk about in here? Hope you guys are balling :lol:

But really he asked ta question that iIknew the answer to. Better that than for him to sit there and never get sareply. jw

Last edited:

Thanks for the thorough explanation antidope antidope

The monthly reset does sound stupid. Seems like it would encourage population drop-off
Agreed. It got to the point where I stopped playing Arena, and ranks are a huge draw to me and what playlist I play. The whole thing felt fruitless.

Story for a week or so before we team up for MP on Halo NT? 

Or maybe we can get some functioning private matches launch week to get our feet wet?

Can people recommend a headset? Astros are not an option, my video game playing habits can not justify such a purchase.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom