Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Can people recommend a headset? Astros are not an option, my video game playing habits can not justify such a purchase.

Thanks
laugh.gif

Get the earbuds off Amazon, that's probably the only ones that you could justify price wise. Credit to @iYen  of course. I don't use them anymore for gaming tho but I do use this headset daily for work.

Amazon product ASIN B0011TS8LM
I have a Polk headset, I like it because it's fits well on me I have a big head (pause) My joint over $100 tho. Check their site tho I know they made headsets since under $100

If MCC worked would you justify the elite controller for your gaming habits? Just curious because you are very knowledgeable in the game, I assume your skill is up there also from this deep interest you have. But your logic on the accessories and price points are....different. 

Last edited:
I actually decided to upgrade to wireless headsets for my PS4 and Xbox One recently. Went with the Turtle Beach Elite 800 and 800X. I love them. I was worried about wifi interference coming from my network extender but I haven't had any issues at all. I know you said Astros are too expensive and the Elites are just as pricey but I figured I would throw that information out there anyway.

Can people recommend a headset? Astros are not an option, my video game playing habits can not justify such a purchase.

Thanks
I recommend the Xbox 1 Stereo headset. I tried the A50s when I first got my X1 but I didn't feel like I was getting my money's worth. Took them back, grabbed the X1 Stereos and been I've in gaming bliss ever since. I got them when they were $80 and felt it was a good deal, but they are on sale at Walmart for $52 or $60 at most places now.

It's about to get more confusing cause I'm not going to use earbuds. Headset only.

200$+ headsets and controllers just seem like a ridiculous purchase.

I played H3 with a wired controller and a 40$ turtle Beach.

I had the Stereo Headset before I jumped to the 800X. They're pretty good and you really can't beat the price. I got tired of plugging cables into the bottom of my controller. Loving the wireless life.

Nah not a fan of those. The xb1 headset market is Slacking

You mentioned you had Turtle Beaches before, why not just get them again?

You can pick up a set of Astro A40s for less than $200. Got mine for ~150.
I have those on my list. Was just seeking other options.

As you said, as far as headsets go, there aren't many.

For you budget, there's the first party Microsoft options and low end Turtlebeaches.

I just got the wireless gold PS4 headest. It plugs into the X1 controller which is fine for now. I want the Astros but I'd have to buy two pair since they don't work for both consoles. I spend all my money on games, none left for accessories :lol:

I had the Stereo Headset before I jumped to the 800X. They're pretty good and you really can't beat the price. I got tired of plugging cables into the bottom of my controller. Loving the wireless life.

Yea I definitely like the price, was just wondering if they were any good. I wouldn't mind wireless either

Who's making the halo 5 clan?
I'm def playing through the story....on normal.
I'm down when y'all have something set up.

I can hold my own in halo 4.
Halo 1-3, I'm trash.

To do what amounts to causally gaming they're not worth it to me.

I base my headset choice based on comfort and sound quality.

I actually have a turtle beach headset (XO Seven Amazon product ASIN B00O9GVKZU) that was $160 on release date that sits unused because its too heavy and sqeezed my head too hard. PAUSE

I also have a $150 (what you perceive as "professional") astro a40 headset that I use to game upwards of 20hrs a week.

Amazon product ASIN B00O9N404Q
(MSRP is $199 but they go on sale about every 3 weeks to $150)

Less money... better experience... no pain in my head or ears.

I'm not a pro gamer.. but im also not an idiot... literally makes no sense to me to pay more in the long run for inferior products

Even bought a second pair for use at work... they're on my head right now. :smile:

100$ would be the hard stop for me. What it really comes down to is that they're somewhat of a novelty item for what I'm doing. I could play without a headset I just don't want to for what really are reasons that outside of one video game don't even matter. I only wear it when playing one game otherwise it sits on the table.

100$ would be the hard stop for me. What it really comes down to is that they're somewhat of a novelty item for what I'm doing. I could play without a headset I just don't want to for what really are reasons that outside of one video game don't even matter. I only wear it when playing one game otherwise it sits on the table.

I guess if you put it that way.

I play at my computer desk to I have it hooked to my Xbox + PC. Use it for Xbox + PC gaming and just as headphones at night.

I guess if you put it that way.

I play at my computer desk to I have it hooked to my Xbox + PC. Use it for Xbox + PC gaming and just as headphones at night.

This...

between work and entertainment... i'm wearing headphones sometimes 13hrs in a day.

If it was an hour once every few days... then yeah... w/e

Back
Top Bottom