Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
I played one match in TF2. Something feels off but I'm not sure what it is. The first thing I noticed was that short TTK. I felt like I was dead before I even realized I was taking damage. The gameplay is legit and I like it over BLOPS 3. I could see myself copping for $40 or less.
Like yeah it's a pretty serviceable COD game with the Titans now being relegated to Hero Characters rather than normal parts of the gameplay

Last edited:
I'm shocked so many people had faith in Titanfall 2.

Lets not forget that Titanfall was a game that launched without the ability to balance a lobby of randoms.

I was with my friends bcos we were bored, i actually enjoyed it then my friend left bcos he died twice and pulled us to orbit 
mean.gif

mean.gif
i didnt do to good in ib last night killed all my confidence from the night before lol
I deff aint doing good and prolly wont be for a while, but i aint bored.

I'm shocked so many people had faith in Titanfall 2.

Lets not forget that Titanfall was a game that launched without the ability to balance a lobby of randoms.
I didn't play TF when it launched. 
I played it when most issues with it were ironed out. 
TF was and still is 
smokin.gif

Yeah... I'm really certain there's something wrong with the wireless card in my One S.... so annoyed. Need to exchange my console.

Got damnit why madden freezing and wont let me play. Froze at the ea servers screen. Hate having to sign on to 100 accounts just to play a game
/rant

Edit:it started.

Im that one come get some!!!

Last edited:
Got damnit why madden freezing and wont let me play. Froze at the ea servers screen. Hate having to sign on to 100 accounts just to play a game
/rant

Edit:it started.

Im that one come get some!!!

Just finished golfing, gonna head tonmy diner and get some grub.

Be on when I get home. What's your GT?

I' one got me in madden for game 1 ... wont happen again i got an answer for him next time SUCKA

Xbox Scorpio would be powerful enough to handle 4K gaming at 60 FPS.

Microsoft's Albert Penello "We didn't want to take a half step. Not every developer is going decide to take the 6 TFLOPS and do 4K 60 FPS. we don't mandate they make their game 4K 60 FPS, that's their choice."

Given this info, scorpio's basically the start of a a new "gen."

Went to Gamescom, played all the Xbox One games i could, Attended fanfest, Dressed as a pirate - My impressions.

Anyhow, here are my impressions. I also saw lots of games being played but didnt get any hands on time.

I will be going a little more in depth on next weeks episode of the podcast, so be sure to listen in.
  • Gears 4 Campaign  - It was a fairly lengthy demo where you ran through a forest, and then a huge tornado that happens to be ON FIRE rolls in and destroys everything. Its classic gears with a few fun new elements, like being able to reach over cover and grab enemies hiding on the other side of the one you are also hiding behind. The graphics are mind blowing, the controls are tight and the sounds meaty.... It also seems like the upped the gore level from previous games. Gears fans, you are going to LOVE  this. Non gears fans? I cant see anything that would change your opinion.
  • Forza Horizon 3  - Have you played Forza Horizon 2? - Well then this is pretty much more of the same but with subtle improvements and refinements - aka, EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANTED! It still has the same slick controls and epic open world. I was very impressed with the improved graphics and density of the forests and foliage - and the internal camera has slick weather effects ala Forza 5.
  • ReCore  - The game is very "japanese". It has very stiff, fast and responsive controls - favoring speed and twitch skill over fluid movement / animation. Uncharted this is not. It plays like Megaman and Castlevania with the lock on and shooting mechanics of Metroid Prime. Surprisingly awesome.
  • Dead Rising 4  - Frank West. Zombies. Cybernetic mecha suits. Do i really need to say more? (It plays pretty much the same as the last one, and somehow they have managed to increase the zombie count even FURTHER - I didnt do much other than wade into the zombies and hack them up with whatever i could find as time was so limited)
  • Sea of Thieves  - Not recommended to play with hook hands. The game is super SUPER team based fun. The simplified demo put one side of the booth VS the other in ship based battles. You spawn on islands, jump on your ship and duke it out. Everything on the ship must be done manually, from raising and lowering the sails, to patching holes in the hull before you sink. Team work is mandatory. For example, the guy steering the ship cannot see directly forwards, and requires someone in the crows nest or standing at the front of the ship to verbally tell them where to steer! It has a real party atmosphere and gave me a very piratey "Keep talking and nobody explodes" vibe. Spectacular graphics and pure hilarity. I loved it so much i played it 4 times. Best game of the show for me and a serious contender for GOTY next year (obvious pirate related bias is obvious)
  • Halo Wars 2  - Fairly traditional RTS set in the halo universe, much like the first one. Awesome graphics and really intelligent control scheme makes controlling the units with a controller feel natural.
  • Cuphead  - OK, so first things first. This is not  a platformer. Not really. Its more like a bullet hell SHUMP. Its hard as duke nukem's balls of steel and not for those who get easily frustrated. Looks even better than in the videos when you see it for real.
  • Everspace  - Its freelancer 2. Honestly, that is exactly how it feels. The graphics are brethtaking and combat is fun as heck. There was some pretty brutal slowdown when the missiles started flying.... But well.... Gamescom demo booth code... Arcadey space combat fans and anyone who was a fan of Freelancer or Colony Wars needs this on their radar.
  • Worms WMD  - Its more worms. Nuff said really. Worthy of note, it is easily the best looking worms to date.
  • Raiders of the Broken Planet  - This one came out of nowhere to suprise me! It's like a cool anime / cowboybeebop kinda scifi adventure 3rd person shooter with cool melee and ranged combat. Mind blowing graphics and it plays kinda like MGSV with the movement mechanics of Vanquish. Most interesting thing i noticed is that enemies dont drop anthing when they die - so the ammo you begin the level with is all you have, which makes the level more like a puzzle to be solved than a shooting gallery, and it encourages melee and stealth. Keep an eye on this badboy, its gonna be huge.
  • Obliteracers  - Holy crap this game is FUN! Its a silly little local multiplayer party / racing game that can have 8 players at once where the goal is to stay "on screen". Its like the old micro machines games from the PS1 era.
  • The Turing Test  - A very dramatic and story driven puzzle game that looks great and reminds me quite a bit of portal without the jokes.
  • Rise and Shine  - A 2D shootemup sidescroller with a cool cartoony style. Looks great and has tight controls.
  • Thimbleweed park  - A reeeeealy weird choice to put in a gamescom booth. It was an oldschool pont and click puzzle game / RPG with a pixel art style. I didnt play it long because it was just too hard to pay attention to its story e.t.c in the noisy, busy booth
  • Oceanhorn  - A top down, isometric RPG. Seems a bit like the old Zelda games. Nothing about it really caught my attention.
  • Outlast 2  - It seems like more of the same, but with a much larger, open area to run and hide in. If you liked Outlast, im sure you are going to like this too.
  • Little Nightmares  - The biggest surprise of the show for me. A quirky and twisted little stealth platformer that is creepy as all hell. If you like games like Inside or Alice, then keep this on your radar.
  • Gwent  - For those who have played the witcher 3: It's Gwent, as a full game. For those who havent, its a turn based card game that was originally a mini game inside Witcher 3. Its highly tactical and rewards outthinking and outplanning your enemy rather than dumb luck.
Disclosure: I didnt play FIFA because its FIFA and its the same as the last FIFA but with a new roster and thats ok because if you are european you probably already have it pre-ordered.

And thats it!

Also, if you went to gamescom yourself, please offer your own writeups!

Last edited:
Wasn't that for a limited time with a trade in toward the new box?

The $200 for an Xbox One was a limited time. The screen shot I took it was today, refreshed page and everything, so I assume that's still valid. On the bottom it says "Offer valid 8/1/16 - 8/31/16."
Thank you sir

Were you able to exchange it for $150? I'm about to do the same thing.

I'm about to buy the Xbox One S Madden 17 Bundle, but I do not want the digital game code. Anybody know where I can sell it except to individual buyers? Because you can't always trust people.

Back
Top Bottom