• Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Steep looks like garbage.

SSX is still fire to this day. Can't even imagine them making a modern day version of it. It's the only BC game I play..

meh

SSX is to snowboarding - What Mario Kart is to Forza
Fun in a videogamey way, but so wildly ridiculous it doesn't scratch the itch of sports sim

Steep is a terrible game. Not sure what Ubi was thinking with that one. It's ugly, dull,poor controls etc
controls are just fine

All I wanna know is whether it provides even the slightest bit of realistic skiing/snowboarding mechanics
The twitch streams looked pretty fun, and moderately authentic.
Im surprised to hear blake give it such a poor assessment
more than anything out atleast. was surprised how fun the skiing was

Steep is a terrible game. Not sure what Ubi was thinking with that one. It's ugly, dull,poor controls etc
Slow your roll. It's a beta. You said similar things about titanfall 2'a beta and it's sitting at a high metacritic.

Slow your roll. It's a beta. You said similar things about titanfall 2'a beta and it's sitting at a high metacritic.
Few things

1. It's not a beta as it's coming out in a few weeks. It's a glorified demo
2. Titanfall 2 also wasn't a beta. It was to test the servers. They didn't make any drastic changes to the gameplay and it's been rejected by the longtime fans of TF1.
3. Titanfall 2 has a high metacritic because the campaign is great. Most video game outlets really don't do in depth scoring of multiplayer games. They mainly focus on the SP.
4. I'm not the only one saying this. You can check any game board and see the same stuff. Game is going to flop commercially and critically

rejected by fans of TF1? what makes the game so bad? so far from what I've seen people seem to enjoy the MP

Last edited:
rejected by fans of TF1? what makes the game so bad? so far from what I've seen people seem to enjoy the MP
Going by sales and the fact that it's less played than halo 5, I'd say yes it has been rejected by the fans. TF1 sold 7 million copies. Even if you don't expect it to sell well since it's sandwiched in between BF1 &COD, the game should still have a healthy community. It started out at peak numbers of 30k on the Xbox and now has fallen to around 15k. The "faithful" are neither buying or playing the game

Also the game is not bad by any means. Just not nearly as good as the first one and the tech test turned a lot of people off from it with the changes ( basically a new game) that were made( ex movement, map design, Titan customization etc)

I bought the game day one. It's a fun game, but it's fallen off for me much faster than tF1 has. It's been less than a month and the game is basically boring. The campaign they added didn't do much to help the longevity. They would've been better off cramming the MP with content

Last edited:
Few things

2. Titanfall 2 also wasn't a beta. It was to test the servers. They didn't make any drastic changes to the gameplay and it's been rejected by the longtime fans of TF1.
3. Titanfall 2 has a high metacritic because the campaign is great. Most video game outlets really don't do in depth scoring of multiplayer games. They mainly focus on the SP.
4. I'm not the only one saying this. You can check any game board and see the same stuff. Game is going to flop commercially and critically
1. Steep is a terrible game because you played a glorified demo?

2. Naw titanfall 2 was a glorified demo as it was coming out in a few months. 

3. I just looked at the first 7 metacritic blurbs on TF2. 4 of the blurbs mentioned MP.

4. That's not why I replied to you. I replied because your opinion on an entire game is seemingly based off an open beta.

Now you're saying it's a glorified demo to fit your narrative.

Last edited:
A beta is a slice of a work in progress game that will be changed in the future. Halo 5 & halo wars 2 had real betas. The games weren't out for 7+ months after the beta. The games went through big changes before launch. COD, Titanfall 2 BF1 didn't have betas. They had marketing demos. A beta a month out from release is not a beta. It is the full game. You can of course adjust sliders for weapon damage and credit output etc but the game is locked. Steep isn't going to go through major changes in the next few weeks. From what I played of the game it isn't fun imo

Last edited:
They would've been better off cramming the MP with content
Pretty much what I want with TF3. 

I'm more inclined to trust a creative director's vision of their game's sequel needs, than what fan feedback says it needs.

Fans said it TF1 needed a story to flourish.

TF2 has a great campaign from what I've read.

Didn't help one bit.
laugh.gif

They would've been better off cramming the MP with content
Pretty much what I want with TF3. 
I'm more inclined to trust a creative director's vision of their game's sequel needs, than what fan feedback says it needs.

Fans said it TF1 needed a story to flourish.
TF2 has a great campaign from what I've read.

Didn't help one bit.:lol:
Correction, the media and people who didn't buy the game wanted a single player. Fans of TF1 wanted a more robust MP experience with more Titan options, guns etc. say what you want about COD but they provide a robust experience.

Instead, respawn just gives a bunch of Camo options locked behind random gifting as "customization" and instead of expanding Titan customization, they give 6 pre built titans that you have to choose from.

-They take away the option to carry a sidearm and a Titan weapon, sonnownits eother or. If you are a pilot and a Titan appears and you have only a side arm, your screwed. To apparently remedy this they take away Titan shields, so titans die from you blowing on them, turning the game more into just COD

- The grappling hook is a great addition, however it should be a standard traversal tool that every pilot has. Instead it's a class feature

Last edited:
A beta is a slice of a work in progress game that will be changed in the future. Halo 5 & halo wars 2 had real betas. The games weren't out for 7+ months after the beta. The games went through big changes before launch. COD, Titanfall 2 BF1 didn't have betas. They had marketing demos. A beta a month out from release is not a beta. It is the full game. You can of course adjust sliders for weapon damage and credit output etc but the game is locked. Steep isn't going to go through major changes in the next few weeks. From what I played of the game it isn't fun imo
You said the steep beta is a glorified demo, now you're redefining what a beta is. Which is it? 

Saying a game's bad before it's even dropped is silly.

When the game drops and you've played the game, your opinion holds weight.

If the steep open beta doesn't bode well for the full release, illustrate that.

Instead of redefining what a beta is to fit your narrative.

Last edited:
You said the steep beta is a glorified demo, now you're redefining what a beta is. Which is it? 
Saying a game's bad before it's even dropped is silly.
When the game drops and you've played the game, your opinion holds weight.
If the steep open beta doesn't bode well for the full release, illustrate that.
Instead of redefining what a beta is to fit your narrative.
I'm not redefining what a beta is. The beta stage is to find bugs, see how servers hold up etc. video games companies started to market game demos as a beta for pre order purposes. You can't say "preorder this game and get exclusive access to the demo". That wouldn't fly. Beta implies the game is still in testing.

Steep is releasing on December 2. It's probably going to go gold next week this wasn't for testing. The game has zero buzz, so they released a demo to drive up interest. After playing their attempt at getting me interested, I rejected it

Also this is Ubisoft. The division "beta" was just the first section of the actual game. Same is going to apply to steep. It's just going to be the intro to the main game

Last edited:
I'm not redefining what a beta is.
A beta is a slice of a work in progress game that will be changed in the future. Halo 5 & halo wars 2 had real betas. The games weren't out for 7+ months after the beta. The games went through big changes before launch.
Also you had to cop halo mcc to have access to the halo 5 beta, how is that a real beta rather than a purchase incentive?

Last edited:
From Wikipedia

Testing starts as soon as first code is written and increases as the game progresses towards completion.[9][10] The main QA team will monitor the game from its first submission to QA until as late as post-production.[10] Early in the game development process the testing team is small and focuses on daily feedback for new code. As the game approaches alpha stage, more team members are employed and test plans are written. Sometimes features that are not bugs are reported as bugs and sometimes programming team fails to fix issues first time around.[11] A good bug-reporting system may help the programmers work efficiently. As the projects enters beta stage, the testing team will have clear assignments for each day. Tester feedback may determine final decisions of exclusion or inclusion of final features. Introducing testers with fresh perspectives may help identify new bugs.[10][12] At this point the lead tester communicates with the producer and department heads daily.[13] If the developer has an external publisher, then coordination with publisher's QA team starts. For console games, a build for the console company QA team is sent. Beta testing may involve volunteers, for example, if the game is multiplayer.[12]

The beta testing occurs before the final QA testing. QA testing does not take place within a few days. You also have to print and shop discs which also takes time. Steep has likely been finished for a while now

Last edited:
Is the old COD being sold separate at all?

The guy I game share with wants it but I didn't see it. I don't know anything about COD anymore and was just curious.
View media item 2234552
Right now activision has held co4 as hostage until you give into their $80~ asking price for the IW/MW bundle.
The cod4 remaster could be sold later sperately, but expect to pay $50-$60 probably.
Given that the deadpool "remaster" was $50.
[rule]
SaltyRingedAlpinegoat-size_restricted.gif

Lmfao.
Great response bruv, thanks.

Few things

My man.

Back
Top Bottom