Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Has anyone in here seen the KS9000 in person to compare it to the KS8000? I'm stuck right now trying to choose one of the two. Most sources I see online say the picture difference is negligible it really comes down to the overall design of each model. I can get a 60" 8000 for a few hundred less than a 55" 9000. I have to pull the trigger on something now so I can ship it to my next base before I leave. Any input is appreciated.

So if I got a 4K uhd tv but no hdr is the Xbox one s pointless?
The xbox one s still upscales the games to 4k and you're still able to play 4k blurays/streaming.

hdr is only supported on about 4 games right now out of like the 1,000 that are currently available on xb1.

Last edited:
Has anyone in here seen the KS9000 in person to compare it to the KS8000? I'm stuck right now trying to choose one of the two. Most sources I see online say the picture difference is negligible it really comes down to the overall design of each model. I can get a 60" 8000 for a few hundred less than a 55" 9000. I have to pull the trigger on something now so I can ship it to my next base before I leave. Any input is appreciated.

5 inches isnt that much of a difference... or so i keep telling these girls

So if I got a 4K uhd tv but no hdr is the Xbox one s pointless?

Not pointless but you're also not future proofed.

I have a 65 inch 4k HDR tv and have forza horizon 3 and gears of war 4.
http://www.samsung.com/us/televisio...-curved-4k-suhd-tv-2016-model-un65ks8500fxza/

I enjoy both of those games more on my TV than on my gaming PC where i can run both of them at the highest graphics running at 60FPS.

Getting a huge 4k tv is nice w/ an xbox one s.

cant stress it enough.

Just grabbed a ku6300 now to see if it's worth it to upgrade my one to the s

what size did you get?

I dont even wanna see the regular xbox one on my 4k screen at this point :rofl:

when i put it on 1080p everything just looked blurry af :lol:

i have no idea. i dont have broadcast tv.

native 4k and HDR is up to the source output though.

just like 1080p, 720p, etc.

ait thanks.
Dont really see myself upgrading until live TV catches up, or at least more than 4 games display at these max levels
Haven't watched a DVD in years, so not sure what else I would do with 4k/HDR

Last edited:
Is 1080p even the HD broadcast standard yet? I remember it was 720p and/or 1080i for the longest time even when TV's could do 1080p.

Last edited:
Is 1080p even the HD broadcast standard yet? I remember it was 720p and/or 1080i for the longest time even when TV's could do 1080p.

Ya, I dont believe it is. But to my eyes at least, most live TV looks adequate even on 60+
HDR is what intrigues me most about new tech, but I dont see myself investing until its a little more mainstream

Back
Top Bottom