Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Has anyone played Inside? Is it worth picking up?

Blizzard Mountain is a dope DLC for Forza Horizon 3. I'm enjoying it so far :smokin

Last edited:
What's your review of it? How's the snow handling?

9/10

Overall, I think the DLC is great considering how much there is to do and it's a nice change from driving around the areas offered in the main game. The handling of the cars in the snow is very well done. In order to drive through the snow and ice, you need to equip snow tires, otherwise you'll be struggling to get anywhere and win races. You can feel the slipperiness of the icy roads and the struggle to plow through thicker snow. When driving on ice, you can use that to your advantage and drift your way around corners. While the conditions do affect how you drive, it's never frustrating and the controls are still smooth.

Also, blizzards are common place for races and when just driving around the area. This affects the visibility greatly, but I found that flying through the mountains, at night, with a blizzard coming at you full force is something that you just can't get in the main game (or any other game that I can think of) and awesome to see visually, especially if you a tv that's capable of HDR.

Progressing through the DLC is similar to the main game, but instead of earning fans, you progress by the amount of stars you earn for each event. You earn 1 star for completing the race, 2 stars for completing and winning the race and 3 stars for completing and winning the race and completing the challenge associated with the event. The challenges for each race vary from doing 30 drift skills, accumulating a certain amount of skill points or sliding through brush/obstacles. There are also 3 different types of race types introduced: Hill Climb, Descent and Blizzard. These are all self explanatory in regards to the type of race it is.

The object of the DLC is to be crowned King of the Mountain and I believe you achieve that by acquiring 150 stars. I'm currently at 50, so I still have a ways to go. Races, speed zones, speed traps, drift zones and danger signs all offer up to 3 stars while bucket list challenges offer stars dependent on difficulty.

From the new race types, the new vehicles provided, driving on ice, driving through blizzards or just admiring the new area, Blizzard Mountain provides plenty of new content to experience and does so typical Forza Horizon fashion; by making it just plain fun and a spectacle to see visually.

I mean, this is the first event in the DLC:

View media item 2270453

Last edited:
What's your review of it? How's the snow handling?

9/10

Overall, I think the DLC is great considering how much there is to do and it's a nice change from driving around the areas offered in the main game. The handling of the cars in the snow is very well done. In order to drive through the snow and ice, you need to equip snow tires, otherwise you'll be struggling to get anywhere and win races. You can feel the slipperiness of the icy roads and the struggle to plow through thicker snow. When driving on ice, you can use that to your advantage and drift your way around corners. While the conditions do affect how you drive, it's never frustrating and the controls are still smooth.

Also, blizzards are common place for races and when just driving around the area. This affects the visibility greatly, but I found that flying through the mountains, at night, with a blizzard coming at you full force is something that you just can't get in the main game (or any other game that I can think of) and awesome to see visually, especially if you a tv that's capable of HDR.

Progressing through the DLC is similar to the main game, but instead of earning fans, you progress by the amount of stars you earn for each event. You earn 1 star for completing the race, 2 stars for completing and winning the race and 3 stars for completing and winning the race and completing the challenge associated with the event. The challenges for each race vary from doing 30 drift skills, accumulating a certain amount of skill points or sliding through brush/obstacles. There are also 3 different types of race types introduced: Hill Climb, Descent and Blizzard. These are all self explanatory in regards to the type of race it is.

The object of the DLC is to be crowned King of the Mountain and I believe you achieve that by acquiring 150 stars. I'm currently at 50, so I still have a ways to go. Races, speed zones, speed traps, drift zones and danger signs all offer up to 3 stars while bucket list challenges offer stars dependent on difficulty.

From the new race types, the new vehicles provided, driving on ice, driving through blizzards or just admiring the new area, Blizzard Mountain provides plenty of new content to experience and does so typical Forza Horizon fashion; by making it just plain fun and a spectacle to see visually.

I mean, this is the first event in the DLC:

View media item 2270453

Yo that looks amazing.

I'll probably cop this weekend.

This thread is starting to look like the bowels of the Internet.
Not till you acknowledge that COD IW was the best selling game in the last 2 months.
How are you liking it?

I've only played about 10 hours of IW so far.
roll.gif
It's ok, literally.

I think it's a step backwards from Black Ops 3 but I still like it better than MWR.

This thread is starting to look like the bowels of the Internet.

Not till you acknowledge that COD IW was the best selling game in the last 2 months.

How are you liking it?

I've only played about 10 hours of IW so far. :rofl:

It's ok, literally.

I think it's a step backwards from Black Ops 3 but I still like it better than MWR.

When i played it, i feel like the connection was really inconsistent.

I felt like i either had gawd mode activated or felt like i was 2 seconds behind everyone. Have you experienced anything like that?

I've gotten to play even less MWR :x :smh:

How do you get on Xbox early access ? Game preview has astroneer supposed to be a no mans sky and already getting a lot of love

When i played it, i feel like the connection was really inconsistent.

I felt like i either had gawd mode activated or felt like i was 2 seconds behind everyone. Have you experienced anything like that?

I've gotten to play even less MWR
sick.gif
mean.gif
I experienced the exact same thing.  One game I'm 40-5 and the next game I'm struggling to go 20-20 against the same guys I was just destroying the game before.  The connection inconsistency was there in the first 2-3 weeks but it's gotten better.  It reminds me of how terrible MW3 and Black Ops 2 connections were when initially released but it's definitely better than release now.

It still doesn't feel as consistent as Black Ops 3 which is pretty much the problem.

Black Friday you said your gonna "wait" for a cheaper price I believe it was you.
Yeah it was.  Trying to look now but lowest I've found it is $46 from CDKeys.
I paid $59 for a 12 month at the grocery store the other day.  I never cop during the sales and then regret it later.

Just pay the $46, as soon as you buy it there will be a sale a couple days after.

Last edited:

Upcoming Forza Talk:
  • Blizzard Mountain Review
  • Teaser for 2nd FH3 expanision 
  • Trailer for 2nd FH3 expansion.
  • Rumors about Forza Motorsport 7
  • Rumored Cover Car for FM7
  • FM7 E3 Trailer
  • FM7 launch trailer in 9/2017
  • Teaser for Forza Horizon 4 in early 2018(Tokyo x VR
    nerd.gif
    )
Lots of more Forza Talk to look forward to.
glasses.gif

[h1]Forza Motorsport 7 Confirmed by Fanatec, with Promising News for Wheel Users[/h1]
“I had a very good meeting with them and I am happy to report that there is a good chance that a lot of things will change for the better in upcoming FM titles. There is a new person who is responsible for physics and force feedback and this is a “wheel guy”. He is a real world racer with car engineering background and very familiar with PC simracing. The PC market seems very important for them and they are aware that this market is dominated by wheel users. Therefore we will intensify our co-operation and get the best out of the games for wheel users. I cannot confirm at this point what features can be implemented but the interest to do so is very high.”

Back
Top Bottom