Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
I've heard the term ping since the COD2 days, but never bothered to figure out what it meant.

Is ping location based or can it fluctuate due to external factors?

Also how come upload-to-download speeds are so lopsided? 

Is is unrealistic to have 50Mbps download/25Mbps upload?

I have cable internet.

Latency is the real determining factor in online gaming performance.... Not the mb down and up. Especially when it comes to online gaming.

7,000 Mbps up and down doesn't mean a lot when you ping 200ms to the closest data center.

If you have an amazing latency like 18ms or even up to 30ms, you can totally game on 15Mb upload and download. Especially if you have 0% packet loss.

You only need about 25Mb/down to stream 4k video.

Also, don't confuse a megabit with a megabyte. :rofl:

Now his issue with a slow download, the 9GB patch should take about an 1 hour and 15 minutes or so at 15/Mbs down assuming 100% efficiency.

Moral of the story:
High Mb/s down = fast download speeds
Super low latency/ping = best online gaming performance

Ok mr know it all

[h1]MISTWALKER CEO HIRONOBU SAKAGUCHI HAS A NEW TITLE TO ANNOUNCE IN 2017[/h1]
Hironobu Sakaguchi is best known as the “father of Final Fantasy,” but he has brought several titles such as Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Terra Battle, and more since founding Mistwalker after his time with Square.

Speaking of Lost Odyssey, the game is great. I'm having fun with it so far. I can't believe it's free right now. Wasn't too much into JRPG games but this game made me change my mind. Highly suggest you guys download it before it expires when free and play when you have nothing else to play: https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Lost-Odyssey/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307fa

Just got my copy of Dead Rising 4 ($30 via Gamestop), will install it sometime soon so if anybody else has the game and want to do the multiplayer, we can do that, just let me know what time and day, I ain't in no rush to play this game. This is actually my first ever Dead Rising game, sad I know.

BTW I saw The Division for $12 at Gamestop but they sold out, however I can still get it online or pricematch via Amazon, is this game worth it for $12 + tax?

I'm a huge fan of SNES era JRPGs. Not sure if I'll get into Lost Odyssey but I'm gonna go ahead and download it. You guys have been talking it up for weeks :lol:.

LO is a really good game.  Might boot it up right now for the hell of it.

As far as the Division, if MMOs are your thing, go for it.  But at launch at least, it wasn't much better than vanilla Destiny.

question is anyone out there still plugging there set top box into the xbox one?

I had it then switched it out and am curious to go back to it, has anyone else done this?

thanks guys

question is anyone out there still plugging there set top box into the xbox one?

I had it then switched it out and am curious to go back to it, has anyone else done this?

thanks guys

I kinda did it like you. I routed tv through the xbox for about the first 6 months or so. It was pretty cool, but I also remember having problems with connectivity and also my Tv dvr didn't work that way. When I moved I never bothered to link it up again.

I definitely still use the Kinect to "mute" "volume up" etc.

I only completed 13 games this year.
sick.gif
embarassed.gif

Only 3 of which came out this year.
  • Forza Horizon 3
  • Just Cause 3
  • Bully 
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Dragon Age Inquisition
  • Gears of War Ultimate
  • Mass Effect 2