Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
So I plugged in my new Xbox One and went to play Final Fantasy 15 and found out I have to download the game before I can play? Is this the same with PS4? I'm honestly ready to take this back. When I get a game I want to play it not have to wait 24 hours for it to download.

So I plugged in my new Xbox One and went to play Final Fantasy 15 and found out I have to download the game before I can play? Is this the same with PS4? I'm honestly ready to take this back. When I get a game I want to play it not have to wait 24 hours for it to download.

24 hours? What you got dsl?

I'm talking to my boy and he said for Ps4 he put the disc in and just had to download an update but not the full game. I mean this Xbox was a gift so I can't be mad or anything but if I would have known I honestly wouldn't have even asked for it. I'm not up to date with new gen systems I've still been playing my PS3, but I honestly cannot see why anyone would willingly buy into this. Having to download a game when you have the physical disc makes no sense * I actually do get it but still * having the option to play off the disc with slower load times should be an option. Highkey just going to return this Xbox.

And 24 hours was an exaggeration but at 15 mb/s it's not going quick by any means.

Thats how it is with any system now. Just leave instant on, and let it install overnight or something

Last edited:
Companies don't want you to share games. But they can't actually say that so they make it annoying to play a game from the jump. Just how it is.

Watch Brotherhood or Kingsglaive while it's downloading. You can find them on Kissanime

Lmao trust if I could afford to change my ISP and upgrade I would. I don't live in a great area for Internet though.

I'm talking to my boy and he said for Ps4 he put the disc in and just had to download an update but not the full game. I mean this Xbox was a gift so I can't be mad or anything but if I would have known I honestly wouldn't have even asked for it. I'm not up to date with new gen systems I've still been playing my PS3, but I honestly cannot see why anyone would willingly buy into this. Having to download a game when you have the physical disc makes no sense * I actually do get it but still * having the option to play off the disc with slower load times should be an option. Highkey just going to return this Xbox.

Lmao trust if I could afford to change my ISP and upgrade I would. I don't live in a great area for Internet though.
Return the xbox and cop a WiiU.

The wiiu allows you to play games off of the disc.

Games to cop:

Captain Toad

Pikmin 3

Bayonetta 1/2

Super Mario 3d World

Smash Bros

duh?
Ps3 can't read off disc either. Laser speeds are too slow to read 20+ gigs on the fly. You're trippin lol

i believe FFXV has a few sizable (9-10 GB ) patches in the first month ... ive never had to wait more than 10-15 mins for a game to install off disc even if i have to download a multi-GB patch to play it

sidenote: was downloading something via wifi to the xbone the other day and the down speed was hovering between 60-70 mb/s ... we've come a long way from waiting 30 mins. for a grainy picture of some tittays to load [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

I'm changing my ISP within the next week so I'm hoping to get a boost in internet speed. At least 80% of my neighborhood is on the same provider as me so my internet speed is no where near what they advertised it as. Definitely will be only purchasing physicals discs as the the struggle internet continues. I don't really play any online games or watch anything besides streaming off Netflix/Hulu so I've never noticed how crappy my internet truly was.

But FFXV finally finished earlier this morning and I'm stoked. First FF since 10 that I've played and it's a nice change of pace.

i believe FFXV has a few sizable (9-10 GB ) patches in the first month ... ive never had to wait more than 10-15 mins for a game to install off disc even if i have to download a multi-GB patch to play it

sidenote: was downloading something via wifi to the xbone the other day and the down speed was hovering between 60-70 mb/s ... we've come a long way from waiting 30 mins. for a grainy picture of some tittays to load [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]
son I still remember downloading ONE song on Kazaa for a damn week. Downloading at like .98kb/s :smh:
Just wishing of a day I could download at atleast 5mb/s
:smh:

I'm changing my ISP within the next week so I'm hoping to get a boost in internet speed. At least 80% of my neighborhood is on the same provider as me so my internet speed is no where near what they advertised it as. Definitely will be only purchasing physicals discs as the the struggle internet continues. I don't really play any online games or watch anything besides streaming off Netflix/Hulu so I've never noticed how crappy my internet truly was.

But FFXV finally finished earlier this morning and I'm stoked. First FF since 10 that I've played and it's a nice change of pace.
what's the new provider?
And you're wishing for a technology computers don't even use. There's zero point to read off a disc when from a HDD is way faster, plus the lasers can't do it anyway. That's why there's no option. Just put the disc in, install it for 15 min or so and chill (don't play anything while it's installing. It will slow down)

Last edited:
Not gonna lie I cannot imagine being a kid and getting a video game for Christmas and as soon as I put the disc in I gotta sit and wait for it to install...

The cartridge years was so dope.

Back
Top Bottom