• Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
**** would have been horrible man smh.

My best christmas day with the fam was when my bro bought me a dreamcast and we played NFL 2k from the morning we opened it till the sun went down.

I haven't bought a disc since getting an XB1, but they really make you download/install the game via the internet when you put the disc in? Why the hell doesn't the Xbox just rip it from the disc? It'd be way quicker.

Digital Purchase/pre-install before release date is the way to go for me.

Last edited:
I thinks people taking the dl games things to serious. I dont have the best internet and it takes about 1hr /1hr 30mins tops to dl a game

i might be wrong but i believe games on disc do rip from the BluRay directly to the system HDD b/c it doesn't take long at all ... i usualy go smoke a bogie/make coffee or whatever when it starts by the time i come back it's done

a lot of times youre prompted to d/l updates for the game via the store tho which is prob why fam w/ FFXV had to wait ... 10-20 gigs of updates @ a slow d/l speed could take od long

stick stick

i might be wrong but i believe games on disc do rip from the BluRay directly to the system HDD b/c it doesn't take long at all ... i usualy go smoke a bogie/make coffee or whatever when it starts by the time i come back it's done

a lot of times youre prompted to d/l updates for the game via the store tho which is prob why fam w/ FFXV had to wait ... 10-20 gigs of updates @ a slow d/l speed could take od long

@Nickthestick91
This.

Time to start hitting Starbucks with the Xbox when I get any new games.

I haven't bought a disc since getting an XB1, but they really make you download/install the game via the internet when you put the disc in? Why the hell doesn't the Xbox just rip it from the disc? It'd be way quicker.

Digital Purchase/pre-install before release date is the way to go for me.
As dude above said, most games have day one patches and updates etc which take even more. Like take something like Halo 5. The use dates for the game are nearly as big a step he actual game download

They have fixed the speeds for the Xbox though. They are supposedly 40%faster but it still is gonna take a while

thanks, doing it now. hopefully i can grab one via restock alert but i never have luck wit these type of things

Not gonna lie I cannot imagine being a kid and getting a video game for Christmas and as soon as I put the disc in I gotta sit and wait for it to install...

The cartridge years was so dope.

This

**** would have been horrible man smh.

My best christmas day with the fam was when my bro bought me a dreamcast and we played NFL 2k from the morning we opened it till the sun went down.

And this

Xbox One still got my money though

I bought my son Minecraft Story Mode and he was so sad when it said he still had to purchase the other episodes. He was like Dad I thought the disc had all the episodes already on it :lol:

He just had to click purchase and then it gave him he option to install the rest.

Upgraded my son's system from a Wii U. Got the 1TB Battlefield edition, lucky I called my boy who consulted me to get the bigger HD as I learned the games need to be downloaded.

Rocking, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin Creed Syndicate, Fallout 4 and Watch Dogs 2. The sound is a big upgrade from the Wii U. Battlefield is my favorite game right now. Glad to be in the Xbox family.

Now I forget to pick up a local multiplayer game. Almost every Wii U game was 2+ players.

Latency is the real determining factor in online gaming performance.... Not the mb down and up. Especially when it comes to online gaming.

7,000 Mbps up and down doesn't mean a lot when you ping 200ms to the closest data center.

If you have an amazing latency like 18ms or even up to 30ms, you can totally game on 15Mb upload and download. Especially if you have 0% packet loss.

You only need about 25Mb/down to stream 4k video.

Also, don't confuse a megabit with a megabyte. :rofl:

Now his issue with a slow download, the 9GB patch should take about an 1 hour and 15 minutes or so at 15/Mbs down assuming 100% efficiency.

Moral of the story:
High Mb/s down = fast download speeds
Super low latency/ping = best online gaming performance

Back
Top Bottom