XXL 2011 Freshman Midterms. how do you view their half year?

Originally Posted by carbon16

Originally Posted by Nako XL

indifferent.gif

What are you stonefacing?  what has anyone on this list accomplished that's anywhere near what Asher pulled off in a single year?? (2008-2009)

Who on that list has ever had a single played on a radio, anywhere, even in their hometowns?  Meek Mill?  That it?  And you think that's because of HIM?  How many of you can even name a Meek Mill solo joint without any other MMG people on it?

Some of you dudes talk just to talk.
So your saying Asher Roth is over all those guys because of a single he dropped on a major label(Universal) before his album came out? That's what every major artist does before a album dude. Kendrick Lamar is a independent artist and just dropped a mixtape/album thats better than anything Asher has ever done but radio dont show indie artist love like that. As for Meek, he doesn't even have a solo album on the way so your comparison is pointless, he's still on his mixtape grind do to Wale droppin his album before him. Asher didn't have buzz before his single? He wouldn't have had a album that year if it wasn't for the reception he got from the Dj Drama/Don Cannon tape he dropped in 08.

Right...

So again, what has anyone on the list accomplished that Asher hasn't.  You're putting him on the same level as 11 dudes who WANT to blow up, after he already accomplished it.  In record time even.  He went from their exact same position to playing shows overseas all off the strength of HIM.

Who on that freshman 11 list has done any of the things he has?  I didn't say Asher is a better emcee than any of them.  I even specifically said the opposite.  But still, you can't compare him to #@@*$$ who want to be in his position as far as the success he accomplished in that first year.

I'm not even sure what you're arguing.  You basically agreed with me that none of them have managed the buzz/immediate success he did.

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

glad we updated this thread

out of the WHOLE list only 1 rapper has his OWN headline tour, currently has his song on Billboard 100 WITHOUT a album or feature, & is being trending on Twitter world wide thanks to Single Ladies

lyrically he may not be the best on the list BUT he is having the most success

Exactly.  Dudes are in here letting personal biases/taste affect their reasoning.  If we were grading on mic skills alone we could have done that before the freshman 11 list even came out.

If you're gonna give midterm grades, take what they've managed to leverage out of the cover feature into account.  None of those dudes have done anything compared to Mac.

Besides Meek Mill, can you say ANY of those *%@*$# have advanced from the position they were in several months ago?  If anything, Lil B, Yelawolf, Diggy and the rest of them have regressed.  They have LESS buzz.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

indifferent.gif

What are you stonefacing?  what has anyone on this list accomplished that's anywhere near what Asher pulled off in a single year?? (2008-2009)

Who on that list has ever had a single played on a radio, anywhere, even in their hometowns?  Meek Mill?  That it?  And you think that's because of HIM?  How many of you can even name a Meek Mill solo joint without any other MMG people on it?

Some of you dudes talk just to talk.
So your saying Asher Roth is over all those guys because of a single he dropped on a major label(Universal) before his album came out? That's what every major artist does before a album dude. Kendrick Lamar is a independent artist and just dropped a mixtape/album thats better than anything Asher has ever done but radio dont show indie artist love like that. As for Meek, he doesn't even have a solo album on the way so your comparison is pointless, he's still on his mixtape grind do to Wale droppin his album before him. Asher didn't have buzz before his single? He wouldn't have had a album that year if it wasn't for the reception he got from the Dj Drama/Don Cannon tape he dropped in 08.

Right...

So again, what has anyone on the list accomplished that Asher hasn't.  You're putting him on the same level as 11 dudes who WANT to blow up, after he already accomplished it.  In record time even.  He went from their exact same position to playing shows overseas all off the strength of HIM.

Who on that freshman 11 list has done any of the things he has?  I didn't say Asher is a better emcee than any of them.  I even specifically said the opposite.  But still, you can't compare him to #@@*$$ who want to be in his position as far as the success he accomplished in that first year.

I'm not even sure what you're arguing.  You basically agreed with me that none of them have managed the buzz/immediate success he did.

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

glad we updated this thread

out of the WHOLE list only 1 rapper has his OWN headline tour, currently has his song on Billboard 100 WITHOUT a album or feature, & is being trending on Twitter world wide thanks to Single Ladies

lyrically he may not be the best on the list BUT he is having the most success

Exactly.  Dudes are in here letting personal biases/taste affect their reasoning.  If we were grading on mic skills alone we could have done that before the freshman 11 list even came out.

If you're gonna give midterm grades, take what they've managed to leverage out of the cover feature into account.  None of those dudes have done anything compared to Mac.

Besides Meek Mill, can you say ANY of those *%@*$# have advanced from the position they were in several months ago?  If anything, Lil B, Yelawolf, Diggy and the rest of them have regressed.  They have LESS buzz.

what the flip?!?!
First off I dont even know the Mac Miller song he has on top 100 or the name of his tour but props to him. But he cant logically have the highest grade out of these freshmen.

KRIT had his own headlining tour as well...if we using that as a marker, twitter trendy as well 
eyes.gif

but far as rating, just a couple

Krizzle A+. 9/27/11 "Live From the Underground" debut album wit def jam

Kendrick Lamar B-, put out a great piece of work but I dont know how far his name got out there with it.

Meek Mill C+, seems to get alot of love but I really dont think he on like that, like identifiable  

Lil B, Yelawolf, name kinda out there but they havent really backed it up yet....far as Mac Miller...he hasnt done anything to get picked up on my radar...seen a new vid the other day but i mean...

what the flip?!?!
First off I dont even know the Mac Miller song he has on top 100 or the name of his tour but props to him. But he cant logically have the highest grade out of these freshmen.

KRIT had his own headlining tour as well...if we using that as a marker, twitter trendy as well 
eyes.gif

but far as rating, just a couple

Krizzle A+. 9/27/11 "Live From the Underground" debut album wit def jam

Kendrick Lamar B-, put out a great piece of work but I dont know how far his name got out there with it.

Meek Mill C+, seems to get alot of love but I really dont think he on like that, like identifiable  

Lil B, Yelawolf, name kinda out there but they havent really backed it up yet....far as Mac Miller...he hasnt done anything to get picked up on my radar...seen a new vid the other day but i mean...

^
you gotta think too Krit has a deal wit Def Jam! Mac has nothing basically built everything on his own not taking anything from Krit

and we not talkin bout lyrics

we are talking about there buzz, success, and movement

Mac murders everyone on that list when it comes to success and how much he is on right now! and if you Meek this and Meek that......uhhhh Meek couldnt dare do a US/Europe tour with him as the headliner

^
you gotta think too Krit has a deal wit Def Jam! Mac has nothing basically built everything on his own not taking anything from Krit

and we not talkin bout lyrics

we are talking about there buzz, success, and movement

Mac murders everyone on that list when it comes to success and how much he is on right now! and if you Meek this and Meek that......uhhhh Meek couldnt dare do a US/Europe tour with him as the headliner

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Some of yall are giving meek mill way to much credit, hes not nearly as buzzing as some of you think he is

laugh.gif

are u mad? meek mill is RUNNIN his circuit right now...more then anyone on that cover...hell he's even takin some of vado's shine

da disrespect da music forum has for pure spitters is atrocious.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Some of yall are giving meek mill way to much credit, hes not nearly as buzzing as some of you think he is

laugh.gif

are u mad? meek mill is RUNNIN his circuit right now...more then anyone on that cover...hell he's even takin some of vado's shine

sick.gif
laugh.gif

^
meek gotta solo on top 100?
meek has a role on a popular tv show?
meek selling out 4,000 plus venues overseas and here in the US by his self NO ROSS OR WALE?
meek was doin all this before MMG and a deal?
meek got over 98 Million views on YouTube with all solo videos?
meek got JusBlaze, 9th Wonder, OutKast, Drake begging to work together?

yeah thoought so

Mac doin all that with no deal & no major rapper push

and yes Meek got bars and can spit but once again we are talking about there success......just them!

^
meek gotta solo on top 100?
meek has a role on a popular tv show?
meek selling out 4,000 plus venues overseas and here in the US by his self NO ROSS OR WALE?
meek was doin all this before MMG and a deal?
meek got over 98 Million views on YouTube with all solo videos?
meek got JusBlaze, 9th Wonder, OutKast, Drake begging to work together?

yeah thoought so

Mac doin all that with no deal & no major rapper push

and yes Meek got bars and can spit but once again we are talking about there success......just them!

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

^^ im saying these back pack NT'ers have no idea what im a boss does in the club
word...that isssh is doin DAMAGE to speakers right now....alot of ya need to get off da blogsphere and go outside to da REALWORLD

meek mill OWNS this summer with his contributions to da MMG album...that imma boss is *phew*....and no one is playin in just cuz of rick ross, that philly

boy just got it right now, and that song is old as dirt & it just caught FIRE cuz they shot a worldstarvideo for it.
pimp.gif

da question is what ya define as "success"...mac miller is gettin cosigns and small tours (there's 1,500-2000 venues, i got quotes in da source from his management)

with no kind of radio play.

meek mill is gettin love from EVERYONE and is gettin MAJOR air play and is touring all over da place to bigger venues.

and let's not even talk like meek DIDNT earn his spot, cuz homie been goin hard since he had dreads...he took a opportunity and RAN with it. #boss 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

^^ im saying these back pack NT'ers have no idea what im a boss does in the club
word...that isssh is doin DAMAGE to speakers right now....alot of ya need to get off da blogsphere and go outside to da REALWORLD

meek mill OWNS this summer with his contributions to da MMG album...that imma boss is *phew*....and no one is playin in just cuz of rick ross, that philly

boy just got it right now, and that song is old as dirt & it just caught FIRE cuz they shot a worldstarvideo for it.
pimp.gif

da question is what ya define as "success"...mac miller is gettin cosigns and small tours (there's 1,500-2000 venues, i got quotes in da source from his management)

with no kind of radio play.

meek mill is gettin love from EVERYONE and is gettin MAJOR air play and is touring all over da place to bigger venues.

and let's not even talk like meek DIDNT earn his spot, cuz homie been goin hard since he had dreads...he took a opportunity and RAN with it. #boss 
pimp.gif

BIG Krit: A- (cant wait till he officially blows up, his material/production is
eek.gif
) ,
Kendrick Lamar: A (album was top 5 on itunes, bringing the WC back, like a mini Nas in the makingetc)
Mac Miller: B+ (very good lyrically, has both a black/white crowd and thats BIG)
Meek Millz: B (songs get played ALOT in the hood/clubs. being under Ross will keep him in the game for a while. Not really as talented as ^^^ though)

Dont care about anyone else
laugh.gif

BIG Krit: A- (cant wait till he officially blows up, his material/production is
eek.gif
) ,
Kendrick Lamar: A (album was top 5 on itunes, bringing the WC back, like a mini Nas in the makingetc)
Mac Miller: B+ (very good lyrically, has both a black/white crowd and thats BIG)
Meek Millz: B (songs get played ALOT in the hood/clubs. being under Ross will keep him in the game for a while. Not really as talented as ^^^ though)

Dont care about anyone else
laugh.gif

Mac Miller got a load of youtube views
eek.gif

It's not a hit single or anything but he's got alot of attention right now so I think he's done the best
ohwell.gif
, well see what he does with it
nerd.gif

Mac Miller got a load of youtube views
eek.gif

It's not a hit single or anything but he's got alot of attention right now so I think he's done the best
ohwell.gif
, well see what he does with it
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

sick.gif
laugh.gif
Dawg.....just quit talking. Nobody cares about Meek Mill or Vado other than New York, New Jersey and Philly. Maybe that's the circuit you're talking about.
Taking Vado's shine 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

sick.gif
laugh.gif
Dawg.....just quit talking. Nobody cares about Meek Mill or Vado other than New York, New Jersey and Philly. Maybe that's the circuit you're talking about.
Taking Vado's shine 
roll.gif
roll.gif

I live in Florida I know Meek buzz club/street wise but 70% of his buzz IS BECAUSE OF ROSS AND THE WHOLE MMG MOVEMENT!!!!!!!

if he never took the MMG deal and never hooked up with Ross he wouldnt be who he is today

all Im sayin Mac didnt need no co sign or major rapper to push him to success! HE DID IT ON HIS OWN!

and its funny you say Mac is only do 2,000 venues.......this was him at rave 4,000 plus and it was only him no other acts......Meek couldnt do this for 50 plus citys and overseas with NO ROSS OR MMG OR SUPPORTING ACTS AND HIM AS THE HEADLINER

Holla at me next year too when Mac will be killing the game cause by then he will have a deal and probably killin the Pop and Hip Hop charts at the same time.......while Meek will still be in Ross shadow

I live in Florida I know Meek buzz club/street wise but 70% of his buzz IS BECAUSE OF ROSS AND THE WHOLE MMG MOVEMENT!!!!!!!

if he never took the MMG deal and never hooked up with Ross he wouldnt be who he is today

all Im sayin Mac didnt need no co sign or major rapper to push him to success! HE DID IT ON HIS OWN!

and its funny you say Mac is only do 2,000 venues.......this was him at rave 4,000 plus and it was only him no other acts......Meek couldnt do this for 50 plus citys and overseas with NO ROSS OR MMG OR SUPPORTING ACTS AND HIM AS THE HEADLINER

Holla at me next year too when Mac will be killing the game cause by then he will have a deal and probably killin the Pop and Hip Hop charts at the same time.......while Meek will still be in Ross shadow

Back
Top Bottom