XXL 2011 Freshman Midterms. how do you view their half year?

krit and b
pimp.gif

c'mon...i can tell who's on da computer all day long and actually at these clubs/venues....

meek mill been doing his DAMN thing on his own for a GOOD couple of years..there's a REASON T.I. was gonna sign him before..

just because YA cats dont pay attention to da hardcore hiphop segment, dont mean no one else is...

rick ross merely placed meek on a bigger platform to showcasae da talent HE ALREADY HAD...he's da breakout star in that whole new movement.

so we gonna just under value co-signs now? alot of your favorite rappers and legends were put on by cosigns.
laugh.gif
da nerve of ya hatin on meek doin his

damn thing...

c'mon...i can tell who's on da computer all day long and actually at these clubs/venues....

meek mill been doing his DAMN thing on his own for a GOOD couple of years..there's a REASON T.I. was gonna sign him before..

just because YA cats dont pay attention to da hardcore hiphop segment, dont mean no one else is...

rick ross merely placed meek on a bigger platform to showcasae da talent HE ALREADY HAD...he's da breakout star in that whole new movement.

so we gonna just under value co-signs now? alot of your favorite rappers and legends were put on by cosigns.
laugh.gif
da nerve of ya hatin on meek doin his

damn thing...

Basedgod -
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
....but the "I'm Gay" instrumentals were bangin

YG -
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif

Diggy - He's pretty good for his age, but because of his age, I can't take him seriously

Kendrick Lamar -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...but his flow is kinda annoying sometimes

Meek Mill -
sick.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Dude has one of the least convincing deliveries in rap today

Yelawolf  -
pimp.gif
...has had some really good tracks, yet I can see people not liking his flow/delivery

Big Krit -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
THE RETURN OF 4EVA, 4EVA EVA, 4EVA EVA!!!!

Cyhi the prince -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...that last mixtape was wack though, but i could count that as a throwaway and look forward to some good stuff from him in the future

fred da godson - He got bars, but his flow/delivery isn't all there. You can kinda tell that he hasn't been rappin long, like he hasn't perfected it yet.

mac miller -
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
He makes Asher Roth look like Nas

lil twist- 
roll.gif
roll.gif
If he wasn't on Young Money, he wouldn't be on any label at all. He's basically a teen Wayne clone, down to the wack ad-libs and awful flow

***As far as mainstream success, YG, Meek Mil, and Big KRIT had successful hit singles, and Lil' Twist had a video that was on 106 for a long time.
Lil' B obviously has youtube/internet buzz and sells out shows. Lil' B, Yelawolf, Kendrick Lamar are the only ones who have released official albums, with Meek Mil
being on a successful compilation. The only person on the 2011 list who doesn't really have much buzz is Fred Da Godson.

Basedgod -
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
....but the "I'm Gay" instrumentals were bangin

YG -
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif

Diggy - He's pretty good for his age, but because of his age, I can't take him seriously

Kendrick Lamar -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...but his flow is kinda annoying sometimes

Meek Mill -
sick.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Dude has one of the least convincing deliveries in rap today

Yelawolf  -
pimp.gif
...has had some really good tracks, yet I can see people not liking his flow/delivery

Big Krit -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
THE RETURN OF 4EVA, 4EVA EVA, 4EVA EVA!!!!

Cyhi the prince -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...that last mixtape was wack though, but i could count that as a throwaway and look forward to some good stuff from him in the future

fred da godson - He got bars, but his flow/delivery isn't all there. You can kinda tell that he hasn't been rappin long, like he hasn't perfected it yet.

mac miller -
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
He makes Asher Roth look like Nas

lil twist- 
roll.gif
roll.gif
If he wasn't on Young Money, he wouldn't be on any label at all. He's basically a teen Wayne clone, down to the wack ad-libs and awful flow

***As far as mainstream success, YG, Meek Mil, and Big KRIT had successful hit singles, and Lil' Twist had a video that was on 106 for a long time.
Lil' B obviously has youtube/internet buzz and sells out shows. Lil' B, Yelawolf, Kendrick Lamar are the only ones who have released official albums, with Meek Mil
being on a successful compilation. The only person on the 2011 list who doesn't really have much buzz is Fred Da Godson.

indifferent.gif
Wiz co signing Mac......They got the same group of friends and record at the same studio under the same producers and egineer so of coarse he aint gonna dis or down play him and Wiz has 2 songs with Mac

Big Sean & Curren$y get more of a co sign then Mac

and since when has club buzz been the definition of how much success one has accomplished?

alot of your favorite rappers and legends were put on by cosigns.
so why not applaud a rapper who can accomplish just as much WITHOUT one......thats even more of a challenge

me personally...I like Meek, I like Krit, I mess with Yela......but you cant hide what Mac is doin

Go to the nearest D1 University in your area 9/10 they know Mac and support him

you dont get over 98 MILLION views for nothing

you dont get Tweets from Donald Trump noticing your buzz......what the heck does he know about music? does he even know who anybody on that list is? NO! But he knows Mac! why? cause the song named after him is BUZZING
meek mill is gettin love from EVERYONE and is gettin MAJOR air play and is touring all over da place to bigger venues.

How many of these venues Meek has headline by him self? No Ross or MMG or Young Money & Wayne?

Exactly

indifferent.gif
Wiz co signing Mac......They got the same group of friends and record at the same studio under the same producers and egineer so of coarse he aint gonna dis or down play him and Wiz has 2 songs with Mac

Big Sean & Curren$y get more of a co sign then Mac

and since when has club buzz been the definition of how much success one has accomplished?

alot of your favorite rappers and legends were put on by cosigns.
so why not applaud a rapper who can accomplish just as much WITHOUT one......thats even more of a challenge

me personally...I like Meek, I like Krit, I mess with Yela......but you cant hide what Mac is doin

Go to the nearest D1 University in your area 9/10 they know Mac and support him

you dont get over 98 MILLION views for nothing

you dont get Tweets from Donald Trump noticing your buzz......what the heck does he know about music? does he even know who anybody on that list is? NO! But he knows Mac! why? cause the song named after him is BUZZING
meek mill is gettin love from EVERYONE and is gettin MAJOR air play and is touring all over da place to bigger venues.

How many of these venues Meek has headline by him self? No Ross or MMG or Young Money & Wayne?

Exactly

Meek Mill is def doin the best.. Cyhi has been doing good with features.. Mac Miller is gettin a lot of play on Youtube but not really mainstream (getting there though).. Big KRIT is gettin a lil buzz.. & yeaa Lil Twist is only getting play because of YM affiliations. As far as everyone else, its mainly underground/youtube. Not the best freshman class.

Meek Mill is def doin the best.. Cyhi has been doing good with features.. Mac Miller is gettin a lot of play on Youtube but not really mainstream (getting there though).. Big KRIT is gettin a lil buzz.. & yeaa Lil Twist is only getting play because of YM affiliations. As far as everyone else, its mainly underground/youtube. Not the best freshman class.

PleaseSayTheBaby & ninjahood both have good point's
but IMO you can't compare Meek buzz / talent 2 Mac it's to different worlds

PleaseSayTheBaby & ninjahood both have good point's
but IMO you can't compare Meek buzz / talent 2 Mac it's to different worlds

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

^^ im saying these back pack NT'ers have no idea what im a boss does in the club
word...that isssh is doin DAMAGE to speakers right now....alot of ya need to get off da blogsphere and go outside to da REALWORLD

meek mill OWNS this summer with his contributions to da MMG album...that imma boss is *phew*....and no one is playin in just cuz of rick ross, that philly

boy just got it right now, and that song is old as dirt & it just caught FIRE cuz they shot a worldstarvideo for it.
pimp.gif

da question is what ya define as "success"...mac miller is gettin cosigns and small tours (there's 1,500-2000 venues, i got quotes in da source from his management)

with no kind of radio play.

and let's not even talk like meek DIDNT earn his spot, cuz homie been goin hard since he had dreads...he took a opportunity and RAN with it. #boss 
pimp.gif

Most definitely Meek Mill's voice/music has the most commercial success right now, and there's no question he killed that MMG album harder than anyone else.  I really like the dude and I AM checking for him, but the point is his success right now can not be attributed to just him.

He most definitely EARNED that spot and deserves everything coming to him, but let's keep it 100.  Ninja if you asked any of the girls in the club shouting along to I'm a Boss or Tupac Back whose record it is, what would they say?  Ross.  If you asked them who the dude on the track with Ross is and where he's from, what would they say?

Right.

Mac isn't on the radio but at least there's no mistaking where his buzz came from.

If Meek Mill got dropped today and Ace Hood got picked up by MMG, tell me ANY of those records stop happening or having the same effect.

Right.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

^^ im saying these back pack NT'ers have no idea what im a boss does in the club
word...that isssh is doin DAMAGE to speakers right now....alot of ya need to get off da blogsphere and go outside to da REALWORLD

meek mill OWNS this summer with his contributions to da MMG album...that imma boss is *phew*....and no one is playin in just cuz of rick ross, that philly

boy just got it right now, and that song is old as dirt & it just caught FIRE cuz they shot a worldstarvideo for it.
pimp.gif

da question is what ya define as "success"...mac miller is gettin cosigns and small tours (there's 1,500-2000 venues, i got quotes in da source from his management)

with no kind of radio play.

and let's not even talk like meek DIDNT earn his spot, cuz homie been goin hard since he had dreads...he took a opportunity and RAN with it. #boss 
pimp.gif

Most definitely Meek Mill's voice/music has the most commercial success right now, and there's no question he killed that MMG album harder than anyone else.  I really like the dude and I AM checking for him, but the point is his success right now can not be attributed to just him.

He most definitely EARNED that spot and deserves everything coming to him, but let's keep it 100.  Ninja if you asked any of the girls in the club shouting along to I'm a Boss or Tupac Back whose record it is, what would they say?  Ross.  If you asked them who the dude on the track with Ross is and where he's from, what would they say?

Right.

Mac isn't on the radio but at least there's no mistaking where his buzz came from.

If Meek Mill got dropped today and Ace Hood got picked up by MMG, tell me ANY of those records stop happening or having the same effect.

Right.

^

what I been trying to say

o and Donald Trump is getting radio play if yall didnt know its not on the Billboard Top 100 for nothing

^

what I been trying to say

o and Donald Trump is getting radio play if yall didnt know its not on the Billboard Top 100 for nothing

Only 2 ppl i listen to are KRIT and Kendrick, and they both deserve an A, 2 top 10 mixtape/albums to drop this year. Haven't heard a solo mixtape from Meek, but he's been a good fit @ MMG.

And did a Wiz cosign really blow Mac up like that? a few months ago this %#@$* had abt the same followers as Spitta on twitter, now this _ is well over 500,000. i know alot of them of fugazi, but damn i didn't know this guy was so popular.

Only 2 ppl i listen to are KRIT and Kendrick, and they both deserve an A, 2 top 10 mixtape/albums to drop this year. Haven't heard a solo mixtape from Meek, but he's been a good fit @ MMG.

And did a Wiz cosign really blow Mac up like that? a few months ago this %#@$* had abt the same followers as Spitta on twitter, now this _ is well over 500,000. i know alot of them of fugazi, but damn i didn't know this guy was so popular.

Ninjahood its so hillarious to me that u dont realize that just because an artist is hot in ur city doesent mean he buzzing everywhere else....ive never heard anyone bump a vado song et alone talk about him or meek mill get out of ur little bubble, and im in the club all the time. To say he has more buzz then mac or krit is rediculous. and lol at saying meek does bigger venues aint nobody going to see meek there there to see ross, mac headlines his own tour

Ninjahood its so hillarious to me that u dont realize that just because an artist is hot in ur city doesent mean he buzzing everywhere else....ive never heard anyone bump a vado song et alone talk about him or meek mill get out of ur little bubble, and im in the club all the time. To say he has more buzz then mac or krit is rediculous. and lol at saying meek does bigger venues aint nobody going to see meek there there to see ross, mac headlines his own tour

Originally Posted by Prada G

Big K.R.I.T. is the only rapper on that cover with talent.

Definitely the only one worth mentioning to me. Kendrick Lamar is alright but for real none of these dudes can hold a candle to K.R.I.T. Can't wait for Rock the Bells 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Prada G

Big K.R.I.T. is the only rapper on that cover with talent.

Definitely the only one worth mentioning to me. Kendrick Lamar is alright but for real none of these dudes can hold a candle to K.R.I.T. Can't wait for Rock the Bells 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom