XXL 2011 Freshman Midterms. how do you view their half year?

somebody in this thread(no names) really likes mac miller. 
laugh.gif

yes we know he's poppin, but when the hipster/tumblr/ era fades he has no real timeless. work.

krit will always have return of forever

and this

pimp.gif
is the anthem

somebody in this thread(no names) really likes mac miller. 
laugh.gif

yes we know he's poppin, but when the hipster/tumblr/ era fades he has no real timeless. work.

krit will always have return of forever

and this

pimp.gif
is the anthem

I think alot of this has to do with your demographic and the type of music you check for.

From a national spotlight you would have to say Tupac Back gets more play then any Mac Miller song right?  Ive seen one mac miller video on MTV Jams for best day ever? i think it was called.  I have seen the country #$%^ video about 2 times as well.

But of course music is subjective so when people say grade them everyone will say *insert name* is way better.  Personally the only person on the list I am...and have been checking for eagerly is KRIT.  I look for every song he does....every feature....every production credit.  I dig his musical style.  Mac Miller offers nothing new to me and neither does Meek.  I think Meek is super generic and will be the next Memphis Bleek.  Everyone claims he is super nice...but never does anything with his career. 

All that said i do think Mac has the best shot at commercial success.  Sadly for the simple fact he appeals to the group of people that actually purchase CDs.   

I think alot of this has to do with your demographic and the type of music you check for.

From a national spotlight you would have to say Tupac Back gets more play then any Mac Miller song right?  Ive seen one mac miller video on MTV Jams for best day ever? i think it was called.  I have seen the country #$%^ video about 2 times as well.

But of course music is subjective so when people say grade them everyone will say *insert name* is way better.  Personally the only person on the list I am...and have been checking for eagerly is KRIT.  I look for every song he does....every feature....every production credit.  I dig his musical style.  Mac Miller offers nothing new to me and neither does Meek.  I think Meek is super generic and will be the next Memphis Bleek.  Everyone claims he is super nice...but never does anything with his career. 

All that said i do think Mac has the best shot at commercial success.  Sadly for the simple fact he appeals to the group of people that actually purchase CDs.   

I could've sworn those shows were packed because he was/is opening for that MTV/Wiz Khalifa tour.

Meek Millz is killing the urban community & I STILL hear Tupacs Back EVERYWHERE!!!

& LOL @ saying Mac Miller stars in Single Ladies, he was in 2 episodes for a total of 7min combined SMH

I could've sworn those shows were packed because he was/is opening for that MTV/Wiz Khalifa tour.

Meek Millz is killing the urban community & I STILL hear Tupacs Back EVERYWHERE!!!

& LOL @ saying Mac Miller stars in Single Ladies, he was in 2 episodes for a total of 7min combined SMH

/Thread 

If we goin on music ALONE Krit holds the crown

If we goin off success Mac takes the crown
WRONG!.....do your research that was from the Best Day Every Tour this past spring/summer which was just Mac.....The Green Carpet Tour was the one he co headlined with Wiz! Chevy & Masions On The Moon as openers

He now is about to start the Blue Slide Park Tour which is starting overseas then 50+ dates in the US with Cassey Veggies as the opener

I know all this info cause my cuzin booked him on 5 plus shows before and after his success.....so I see all the madness at these shows

Ehhhh I hear more Waka, Drake, & Frank Ocean in the clubs/hood/streets then anything

2Pac Back is really hot caus eof the hook! Take Ross off and Meek is sounding like a better version of Ace Hood

Ok? and? name somebody on that list that is on a show off of there OWN fame?.......dont say Diggy! no disrespect but he on cause of his dad and family

Mac has that one factor yall can not fight with! HE IS YOUNG & WHITE

and me personally I relate to Krit more then any of them but facts are facts

/Thread 

If we goin on music ALONE Krit holds the crown

If we goin off success Mac takes the crown
WRONG!.....do your research that was from the Best Day Every Tour this past spring/summer which was just Mac.....The Green Carpet Tour was the one he co headlined with Wiz! Chevy & Masions On The Moon as openers

He now is about to start the Blue Slide Park Tour which is starting overseas then 50+ dates in the US with Cassey Veggies as the opener

I know all this info cause my cuzin booked him on 5 plus shows before and after his success.....so I see all the madness at these shows

Ehhhh I hear more Waka, Drake, & Frank Ocean in the clubs/hood/streets then anything

2Pac Back is really hot caus eof the hook! Take Ross off and Meek is sounding like a better version of Ace Hood

Ok? and? name somebody on that list that is on a show off of there OWN fame?.......dont say Diggy! no disrespect but he on cause of his dad and family

Mac has that one factor yall can not fight with! HE IS YOUNG & WHITE

and me personally I relate to Krit more then any of them but facts are facts

^
might as well be as much I see Mac & Krit on regular basis

^
might as well be as much I see Mac & Krit on regular basis

Originally Posted by Jking0821

You are clearly the smartest person to ever comment on NT. I been tryin to explain that to people just from a pure lyrical perspective. I when went out of my way to
listen to a handful of Meek Mill/Meek Mill featured songs just to see if I was being to hard on him, or if I was "sounding like a hater"....and NOPE, I was spot on about
him like I thought. Average generic bars, and a very unconvincing flow/delivery. Can't see how people can dive in front of bullets defending him, unless they are really
just listening to Rick Ross and the (usual) very good production. From a success standpoint though, Meek Mill, Big Krit, and Mac Miller are head and shoulders above
the other 2011 class due too radio play (Meek Mill & Big Krit) and the whole college circuit (Mac Miller). Gotta question though, is there ANYBODY on earth
checkin for Fred Da Godson? Dude is a ghost.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

You are clearly the smartest person to ever comment on NT. I been tryin to explain that to people just from a pure lyrical perspective. I when went out of my way to
listen to a handful of Meek Mill/Meek Mill featured songs just to see if I was being to hard on him, or if I was "sounding like a hater"....and NOPE, I was spot on about
him like I thought. Average generic bars, and a very unconvincing flow/delivery. Can't see how people can dive in front of bullets defending him, unless they are really
just listening to Rick Ross and the (usual) very good production. From a success standpoint though, Meek Mill, Big Krit, and Mac Miller are head and shoulders above
the other 2011 class due too radio play (Meek Mill & Big Krit) and the whole college circuit (Mac Miller). Gotta question though, is there ANYBODY on earth
checkin for Fred Da Godson? Dude is a ghost.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Originally Posted by threat6

Rapping ability? Meek Mill is a better rapper than Mac Miller. Mac Miller = Sam Adams IMO, he's got crazy appeal with college white girls and he got a bunch of og hiphop legends to cosign. But I don't really see it, everything about his music is superficial. still he has been on the grind though i'll give him that and if not for K dot Meek and Krit would have had the best year out of this bunch.

stopped reading there.

youtube some mac radio freestyles.

I took your advice: touché. Still my depth chart goes1. Kendrick2. KRIT3. Meek4. Mac5. The rest 28. Lil twist

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Originally Posted by threat6

Rapping ability? Meek Mill is a better rapper than Mac Miller. Mac Miller = Sam Adams IMO, he's got crazy appeal with college white girls and he got a bunch of og hiphop legends to cosign. But I don't really see it, everything about his music is superficial. still he has been on the grind though i'll give him that and if not for K dot Meek and Krit would have had the best year out of this bunch.

stopped reading there.

youtube some mac radio freestyles.

I took your advice: touché. Still my depth chart goes1. Kendrick2. KRIT3. Meek4. Mac5. The rest 28. Lil twist

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

glad we updated this thread

out of the WHOLE list only 1 rapper has his OWN headline tour, currently has his song on Billboard 100 WITHOUT a album or feature, & is being trending on Twitter world wide thanks to Single Ladies

lyrically he may not be the best on the list BUT he is having the most success
I hate to grave dig a thread but....................

I predicted this long time ago

#1 Album in the country 148k out the gate...............AND A "TRUE" INDEPENDENT ARTIST
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

glad we updated this thread

out of the WHOLE list only 1 rapper has his OWN headline tour, currently has his song on Billboard 100 WITHOUT a album or feature, & is being trending on Twitter world wide thanks to Single Ladies

lyrically he may not be the best on the list BUT he is having the most success
I hate to grave dig a thread but....................

I predicted this long time ago

#1 Album in the country 148k out the gate...............AND A "TRUE" INDEPENDENT ARTIST
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom