Yet another sexual abuse allegation in college sports...Syracuse

I swear that just the general state of the world right now is worse than any other period during my life that I can remember. Just doesn't seem like there's much good going on these days.

dsigusting man, i went to syracuse and if this is the case.....

supposedly they interviewed people who had knowledge and they denied all stories and boeheim never knew either.

not a good look at all, may have to clean house. but this kid was 27 at that point is it consensual? emotionally he may be hurt and not know any better.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by abutta13

thats what i dont get. i even thought it was fishy in the penn st case how some of the boys say it went on for months even years.  but up till the age of 27? c'mon after the first couples of times what do they just not put up a fight? 

I can see being emotionally hurt as a teen, but at 27 I don't know what to tell you. And what made him start talking now at the age of 39?
Seems to me like someone is trying to ride the wave of this Penn State scandal.

And %@# is wrong with college coaches? Is molesting young boys really this popular among them? 
sick.gif

My assumption is that dude was +!*+%% in the head...the Penn State mess has only now given him the courage to come out about what went on in his life. 
Exactly. None of us are in a position to understand what this dudes mental state was.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

They are talkin about this on SNY during halftime of the UConn game. It's sickening. But they said that this went on until the man was in his late teens, earlier twenties did I hear that right? Why didn't he seek help then?
Originally Posted by abutta13

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

...All the way up until he was 27?

thats what i dont get. i even thought it was fishy in the penn st case how some of the boys say it went on for months even years.  but up till the age of 27? c'mon after the first couples of times what do they just not put up a fight? 
I don't know enough about it, so this is just an assumption, but you've gotta think that there's a certain amount of shame/guilt/embarrassment associated with molestation.  If these kids were 10 or so, they were probably easily influenced, possibly convinced that it was okay or even bribed to keep their mouths shut.  Getting caught in the act or the pervert doing something to lose the kid's trust, a story like the PSU situation coming out, etc. could be triggers that cause them to speak up about it.  It does say that this particular guy went to the police in 2003 so it could even be that he just finally built up the courage to speak up.
It's a pretty unimaginable situation to be in so it's hard to really rationalize anything about it.

It's beginning to come out at the high school level as well, not necessarily abuse but inappropriate behavior. And people wonder why I haven't procreated yet. World is an awful place, I feel like I'm always just sighing and shaking my head

Wow. These are all signs we all need to be more active and pay closer attention to our kids, their whereabouts and the people around them.

Sick %*% fools.

Davis said he broke off contact w/ Fine in 01 bc Fine wanted the 5k that Davis owed him. Kinda curious about all of that. Always like to follow the money in situations like this

For all the current fathers in here, I can't imagine how yall feel right now with all this news coming to light in the last couple weeks.

I'm hoping the world will be a better place when my time in fatherhood begins.

These dudes both better go to jail if it's true cuz it seems true

...and they r gonna get %#%%+% up. worthless peeps.

second dude is 46. Sounds extra fishy. either way after you turn 18, it's all legal. how you complaining about stuff in the 90's when its 2011. Chill

"I know this kid, but I never saw him in any rooms or anything. It is a bunch of a thousand lies that he has told. You don't think his relative is coming forward. He supplies four names to the university that would corroborate his story. None of them did.. there is only on side to the story. He is lying."
Boeheim added: "Why wouldn't he come to the police (first this time)? Why would he go to ESPN? What are people looking for here? I believe they are looking for money. I believe they saw what happened at Penn State and they are using ESPN to get money. That is what I believe. You want to put that on the air? Put that on the air."

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]
[/font]
[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]jimmys going all in[/font]

I thought the same as Boeheim. It is really odd that this comes out now. Of course I have no idea what that kind of abuse might do to someones head so I'll wait on this one

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

second dude is 46. Sounds extra fishy. either way after you turn 18, it's all legal. how you complaining about stuff in the 90's when its 2011. Chill

This what I don't understand either, stuff happened 10-20 years ago and their just coming out with it in 2011?
30t6p3b.gif

lets hope its not true, and it surely seems to have a lot more holes then that PSU !+$$.....

Obviously this stuff is program devastating...

Back
Top Bottom