"Yo, im ordering chinese, what you want?"

Am I the only person, that gets instantly sick if they eat chinese food. I'm not joking 20mins later, dead for like 2 days.

Stirfry, I'm fine, but like the over-processed, street corner chinese spot i'm done.

Am I the only person, that gets instantly sick if they eat chinese food. I'm not joking 20mins later, dead for like 2 days.

Stirfry, I'm fine, but like the over-processed, street corner chinese spot i'm done.

Vegetable fried rice, Szechuan vegetables and vegetable egg roll  
pimp.gif
...lady that worked at a spot called Jade in Ridgewood used to have
my food ready after my jog, she like me but dude wasn't haven't it.

One day conversation lasted too long and dude in the back threw the wok and went ham
laugh.gif
, he took my order for then on 
laugh.gif

Vegetable fried rice, Szechuan vegetables and vegetable egg roll  
pimp.gif
...lady that worked at a spot called Jade in Ridgewood used to have
my food ready after my jog, she like me but dude wasn't haven't it.

One day conversation lasted too long and dude in the back threw the wok and went ham
laugh.gif
, he took my order for then on 
laugh.gif

UMM let me get a large Spicy general tso over white rice, small order of fries, and a side of fan tail shrimp in orange sauce. And put a lil beef gravy on my rice

UMM let me get a large Spicy general tso over white rice, small order of fries, and a side of fan tail shrimp in orange sauce. And put a lil beef gravy on my rice

general tso chicken, white rice, apple fries and a $1.00 ice tea

general tso chicken, white rice, apple fries and a $1.00 ice tea

OK. Let me offer up some "authentic" Chinese dishes for you guys to try. That General Tso/Orange Chicken/Shrimp Fried Rice/Beef Broc is nowhere close to what Chinese food really is. Chinese food is rarely breaded/sticky/sweet. Chinese food actually encompasses dishes similar to many other ethnic cultures, in that much of it was created by people with limited resources. Examples would be pigs feet, ox-tail/beef tendon, steamed minced pork/fish, chicken feet, various stews and soups... I'm sure most of you cats wouldn't be down for what I just mentioned, so start here:

1- go to a Chinese restaurant with majority actual Chinese people eating there. Look out for OG grandmas/grandpas, parents, families. If the majority of the patrons aren't of Chinese descent, leave immediately.
2- unless you're by yourself, don't order a dish with rice with it. Order a couple different things, with steamed rice on the side. Chinese food is meant to eat family style.
3- some example dishes:

Some easy stuff to start with (it's ok to order them in English, don't be intimidated)
- Steamed fish (usually a white fish like Bass), w/ginger, soy, garic & scallions
- salt / pepper squid, shrimp or crab
- beef stew w/tendon (trust, it's GOOD) sometimes served in a clay pot
- mustard greens w/oyster sauce
- pretty much anything with black bean sauce
- roasted pork or duck
- bbq pork
- steamed chicken, usually with a trio of sauces

also, if you're up to it and have a good sized Chinatown in your city, get some friends together for Dim Sum. It helps to have someone with you that knows what to order, as it may be a little overwhelming.

OK. Let me offer up some "authentic" Chinese dishes for you guys to try. That General Tso/Orange Chicken/Shrimp Fried Rice/Beef Broc is nowhere close to what Chinese food really is. Chinese food is rarely breaded/sticky/sweet. Chinese food actually encompasses dishes similar to many other ethnic cultures, in that much of it was created by people with limited resources. Examples would be pigs feet, ox-tail/beef tendon, steamed minced pork/fish, chicken feet, various stews and soups... I'm sure most of you cats wouldn't be down for what I just mentioned, so start here:

1- go to a Chinese restaurant with majority actual Chinese people eating there. Look out for OG grandmas/grandpas, parents, families. If the majority of the patrons aren't of Chinese descent, leave immediately.
2- unless you're by yourself, don't order a dish with rice with it. Order a couple different things, with steamed rice on the side. Chinese food is meant to eat family style.
3- some example dishes:

Some easy stuff to start with (it's ok to order them in English, don't be intimidated)
- Steamed fish (usually a white fish like Bass), w/ginger, soy, garic & scallions
- salt / pepper squid, shrimp or crab
- beef stew w/tendon (trust, it's GOOD) sometimes served in a clay pot
- mustard greens w/oyster sauce
- pretty much anything with black bean sauce
- roasted pork or duck
- bbq pork
- steamed chicken, usually with a trio of sauces

also, if you're up to it and have a good sized Chinatown in your city, get some friends together for Dim Sum. It helps to have someone with you that knows what to order, as it may be a little overwhelming.

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

Almost all chinese food that you get at the street corner chinese spot is stir-fried.  And none of it is "processed."  I assure you there is a guy back there cooking your food in the kitchen

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

Almost all chinese food that you get at the street corner chinese spot is stir-fried.  And none of it is "processed."  I assure you there is a guy back there cooking your food in the kitchen

Back
Top Bottom