Yo NT.. WHAT THE ##$* IS THIS THING IN MY ROOM??!

sick.gif

They are, indeed, cave crickets (also called spider or camel crickets). They are blind (for the most part) and tend to jump when someone's approaching and they feel the vibrations. Since they can't see you, they sometimes jump right at you, making people think they're aggressive. They're harmless, they don't make any noise (unlike regular crickets), and they can't hurt you. They're simply a nuisance.
I have extensive experience with these suckers, as they really like the cold damp crawlspace beneath my house. They feed off of algae that grows on the ground, and seek the warmth under the house in the winter. I'm planning to lay plastic sheeting under the whole house in the spring, thereby removing their food source.

True story:  one night, my wife got up in the middle of the night and stepped on one of these things on the hardwood. Oh........and she was barefoot 
sick.gif
. She then proceeded to dry heave for about 5 minutes 
laugh.gif

They are, indeed, cave crickets (also called spider or camel crickets). They are blind (for the most part) and tend to jump when someone's approaching and they feel the vibrations. Since they can't see you, they sometimes jump right at you, making people think they're aggressive. They're harmless, they don't make any noise (unlike regular crickets), and they can't hurt you. They're simply a nuisance.
I have extensive experience with these suckers, as they really like the cold damp crawlspace beneath my house. They feed off of algae that grows on the ground, and seek the warmth under the house in the winter. I'm planning to lay plastic sheeting under the whole house in the spring, thereby removing their food source.

True story:  one night, my wife got up in the middle of the night and stepped on one of these things on the hardwood. Oh........and she was barefoot 
sick.gif
. She then proceeded to dry heave for about 5 minutes 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom