Yo NT, why did Michael have Fredo killed?

I see you watching the marathon on AMC.

I sincerely don't understand what was confusing about it, unless you weren't paying attention.

We know Fredo Betrays Micheal. but we don't know what specifically he did. or do we? Im guessing thats what the OP is asking.

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

I'm still confused as to why to this day
tired.gif

Can someone explain?

10n8bkk.gif

its so funny that every1 KNOWs what happened, but cant post a decent, well thought out sentence without flagrant errors.
but you all wanna clown.
how bout you give the man some awnsers. if i had time and was a loser, i'd troll you all.

OP, ive seen the movie twice and have no idea the scene ur even talkin bout. i just wanted to drop my 2 cents.
that niketalk doesnt know +!%! about +!%! anymore. thats why all the old heads left.

You don't go against the family and he sided against the family.

My thing is I just wonder how it would be if Santini didn't die.

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

its so funny that every1 KNOWs what happened, but cant post a decent, well thought out sentence without flagrant errors.
but you all wanna clown.
how bout you give the man some awnsers. if i had time and was a loser, i'd troll you all.

OP, ive seen the movie twice and have no idea the scene ur even talkin bout. i just wanted to drop my 2 cents.
that niketalk doesnt know +!%! about +!%! anymore. thats why all the old heads left.

thats the feeling i get when i read a lot of these posts, people thinking its as simple as - fredo betraying the family

mike talks about it during that scene after fredo arrives in havana, talking about how roth is treating mike like his successor when really roth is looking to move in on mikes territory cause he thinks he's going to live forever

mike has a lot of control in las vegas and still has some in new york and roth wants it

roth made a move on frank pantagelli who runs the corleone's new york operations having thought that mike was going to wipe out frank anyway

fredo was just a pawn and like i said in my previous post, fredo had something to do with getting those guys onto the property in order to shoot up mikes room

johnny ola (jr soprano
laugh.gif
) even hints at it in the beginning about how one by one roth's partners have come and gone yet roth has stayed

but you all wanna clown.

laugh.gif
it's funny you've seen the movie twice and you're still clueless, yet you then claim NT doesn't know anything anymore.

The reason so many people are laughing and not giving a response is because it's incredibly obvious and isn't really anything you have to think about.

Fredo went behind Michael's back and made a deal with Johnny Ola which resulted in the attempted assassination of Michael at his house.  Fredo betrayed the family and was the weak link, so once their mother died he had him killed.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

but you all wanna clown.

laugh.gif
it's funny you've seen the movie twice and you're still clueless, yet you then claim NT doesn't know anything anymore.

The reason so many people are laughing and not giving a response is because it's incredibly obvious and isn't really anything you have to think about.

Fredo went behind Michael's back and made a deal with Johnny Ola which resulted in the attempted assassination of Michael at his house.  Fredo betrayed the family and was the weak link, so once their mother died he had him killed.

this is what the OP and the guy you quoted are getting at, you guys cant explain it any deeper than that but not that it matters anymore seeing as how i posted it above

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

this is what the OP and the guy you quoted are getting at, you guys cant explain it any deeper than that but not that it matters anymore seeing as how i posted it above
While your explanation was accurate and detailed, OP didn't understand why it happened, so I put it to him as simply as possible.  If he couldn't follow the basic logic of the film, any indepth explanation probably would have been lost on him so I didn't waste my time.

you guys don't know how the mafia works at all i swear, a bunch of suburban kids watching gangster films
laugh.gif

once you betray the family, you are no longer part of the family, and the only way you can detach from the family is if death do you part

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

so right i got the godfather 2 , two disc version and at the beginning of the 2nd disc it starts off with micheal in court

the first time i saw it i was like damn did i miss something when he go to court!?!?!!?

i know i sound like a moron but it feels like something is missing between the two discs
he was in court because the Corleones were getting investigated by the government.

some of ya'll must have fallen asleep or something. Fredo getting killed is one of the more significant moments in American films.

Originally Posted by FlyJr22

you guys don't know how the mafia works at all i swear, a bunch of suburban kids watching gangster films
laugh.gif

once you betray the family, you are no longer part of the family, and the only way you can detach from the family is if death do you part

laugh.gif
This guy.

While your explanation was accurate and detailed, OP didn't understand why it happened, so I put it to him as simply as possible.  If he couldn't follow the basic logic of the film, any indepth explanation probably would have been lost on him so I didn't waste my time.
you're an idiot plain and simple. we know why he got whacked. but we didnt know WHY he got whacked.

you're one of those cats who watches a film and thinks "oh i understand this" and miss 90% of the little things that really makes the story great.
ol scarface is the best movie of all time lookin $#% boy.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

so right i got the godfather 2 , two disc version and at the beginning of the 2nd disc it starts off with micheal in court

the first time i saw it i was like damn did i miss something when he go to court!?!?!!?

i know i sound like a moron but it feels like something is missing between the two discs
he was in court because the Corleones were getting investigated by the government.

some of ya'll must have fallen asleep or something. Fredo getting killed is one of the more significant moments in American films.

word

you're an idiot plain and simple. we know why he got whacked. but we didnt know WHY he got whacked.

you're one of those cats who watches a film and thinks "oh i understand this" and miss 90% of the little things that really makes the story great.
Whatever you're smoking, I think you've had enough.

Meanwhile...

You have seen the movie twice, yet you can't recall the scene where Fredo gets killed? One of the most important scenes in the franchise, yet you don't remember.  And you have the nerve to say I don't understand film?

but then again you did also say this

if i had time and was a loser, i'd troll you all.
So I probably won't take you too seriously.

Whatever you're smoking, I think you've had enough.

Meanwhile...

You have seen the movie twice, yet you can't recall the scene where Fredo gets killed? One of the most important scenes in the franchise, yet you don't remember.  And you have the nerve to say I don't understand film?

but then again you did also say this

if i had time and was a loser, i'd troll you all.
So I probably won't take you too seriously.
this dude... that had to take like 10 min bro. be easy.
i havent seen this movie in over 10 years. and this movie wasnt really the most entertaining to me in particular.
i know why fredo was killed. he basically set up micheal.
i didnt know/remember/give a FLYING %+#% that he slipped up in a lie about dude, and dude wanting to move in on his territory or whatever. that was question.
anyways, big k, you're not smart. youre a word i cant say cause dirty will ban me.

Back
Top Bottom