Yo! They're going nuts in Vancouver right now.

Originally Posted by sixzerofour

Man I just want to say that most of these instigators are NOT from vancouver. Most of the people who are participating in the actual vandalism are from the northern parts of BC or from the interior.

"VGH spokesman said 3 major injuries tonight, including man who fell at Georgia Viaduct and is in critical condition, stabbing, hd injury."
I've never been so ashamed of my city. The man who "fell" off the viaduct was a bruin fan, and it is speculated that he was pushed off. I have never missed the Grizzlies more than I do now. 
5 of my friends were injured, and one of my closest lady friends was tear gassed because she was trying to take care of her drunk friend...
In my life time I hope I never see the Canucks win a championship, if we can not lose with dignity, we respectfully do not deserve to win either.

... and this is coming from a Vancouverite born and raised.

I miss them too. I remember kids in school during P.E. used to wear long socks like Michael Dickerson. Only had a chance to go to one Grizzlies game. (During their last season here.) I had 2 Shareef Abdur-Raheem cards, wanted to get them autographed. They had the worst record in the league, but it was a home game against the Clippers, so I thought, there's no way they're going to lose. "I can meet Reef and get my cards autographed." Noooope.

After they lost, irate fans were throwing beers on them as they walked towards the locker rooms. The Clips came out after and I got my ticket signed by some players.

Vancouver doesn't deserve an NBA franchise though. Fan support was awful. The Canucks can do terrible and sell out, but no one was supporting the Grizz. Maybe another city in B.C. like Victoria. (The Steve Nash connection would help a lot. And when he retire's, maybe he could help make something like that happen.)

collective unconsciousness 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

someone died!? good lord. RIP. 
tired.gif
i hope he made it but it didnt look good for him..  his friends carried him over to the cops and a huge pool of blood was on the pavement beside him.  no ambulances came

I was out there man. Dudes are going wild.

People were more pumped for the potential right instead of the potential chip.

Wild stuff went down man, straight zoo
laugh.gif

this is only a fraction of what would happen if the Raiders won a Superbowl 
sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif
question for Canucks fans, would the riots be even worse if you guys won?

Originally Posted by hymen man

What a classless bunch of idiots. Stupid Canadians.
laugh.gif

It's just Montreal and Vancouver... I don't know what it is about those two cities and their love of rioting in the streets.

sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif
No question they would have rioted... but I don't think to this extent. We lost in a game 7 in '94 as well... riots then too.
It is disgusting and I hope the rumors of deaths are just that, rumors. 

Back
Top Bottom