Yo! They're going nuts in Vancouver right now.

Just came back like an hour ago. *$!% was definitely nuts out there. Fights broke out left and right. Tear gas. Pepper spray. Big ### fires. Cars on fire, flipped over. Smashed windows of storefronts. After about an hour of seeing all the mayhem, me and my boys just went back to a buddy's company's building right smack in the middle (Robson and Granville) to chill. lol Watched the news and a movie in 3D. Had to wait for the crowd to disperse so we could drive out of downtown.

Some random interesting tidbits:
1) On Granville, about 30 minutes after the game ended, there was a big fight between 2 sets of brown dudes. Well, mainly 1 BIG ### brown dude (6'6", 300lbs?) and a buncha smaller brown dudes who got the last laugh. Relatively harmless. Big dude got clocked, fell down, and the other guys kicked the crap out of him before he disappeared into the crowd.
2) On Georgia, where most of these vids/pics you guys are seeing, there was a big ### fire or maybe two. Cars flipped over. Windows smashed. Some crap with a bank. Riot police and people stopping to take pictures next to them. Wild scene and the origin of all the chaos. This was the street where they had the large crowd watching the game (120,000 estimate?). I'm shocked they didn't have way more police in this area to begin with.
3) On Robson, after watching that 1st fight, another fight nearly broke out. Random white dude minding his own biz with friends accidentally bumps into a drunk white chick with a blue wig. She snaps and wants to start a fight. Her words: "%#% did you do that for? Wanna fight? Let me see your ****! Let me see your ****!"
roll.gif

4) Vancouver rioters didn't push a Boston fan off the Georgia Viaduct. Apparently, it was just a random rioter who decided to jump from 1 side of the viaduct to the other and fell.. Dude's in serious condition right now. I heard that rumor and my heart sunk with disgust. All that looting and polluting and rioting is one thing but you do not kill a fan of the opposing team.
In short: riots are tiring, even if you're just a spectator. And for the most part, these hooligans aren't representative of the fan-base and more likely than not, they're not even Vancouverites (but guys from distant suburbs). Win or lose, these jackasses would've pulled these stunts. And the rest, mob mentality and the collective unconsciousness (word to Eckhart Tolle). Smh.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Just came back like an hour ago. *$!% was definitely nuts out there. Fights broke out left and right. Tear gas. Pepper spray. Big ### fires. Cars on fire, flipped over. Smashed windows of storefronts. After about an hour of seeing all the mayhem, me and my boys just went back to his company's building right smack in the middle (Robson and Granville) to chill. lol Watched the news and a movie in 3D. Had to wait for the crowd to disperse so we could drive out of downtown.

Some random interesting tidbits:
1) On Granville, about 30 minutes after the game ended, there was a big fight between 2 sets of brown dudes. Well, mainly 1 BIG ### brown dude (6'6", 300lbs?) and a buncha smaller brown dudes who got the last laugh. Relatively harmless. Big dude got clocked, fell down, and the other guys kicked the crap out of him before he disappeared into the crowd.
2) On Georgia, where most of these vids/pics you guys are seeing, there was a big ### fire or maybe two. Cars flipped over. Windows smashed. Some crap with a bank. Riot police and people stopping to take pictures next to them. Wild scene and the origin of all the chaos. This was the street where they had the large crowd watching the game (120,000 estimate?). I'm shocked they didn't have way more police in this area to begin with.
3) On Robson, after watching that 1st fight, another fight nearly broke out. Random white dude minding his own biz with friends accidentally bumps into a drunk white chick with a blue wig. She snaps and wants to start a fight. Her words: "%#% did you do that for? Wanna fight? Let me see your ****! Let me see your ****!"
roll.gif

In short: riots are tiring, even if you're just a spectator. And for the most part, these hooligans aren't representative of the fan-base and more likely than not, they're not even Vancouverites (but guys from distant suburbs). Win or lose, these jackasses would've pulled these stunts.
^ Well said.

I saw that first fight with the BIG brown guy too, he was fighting the one dude then got suckered in the side of the head by some guy and fell to the ground. He got up and stubbled away...

that big fight is when it started for me too. i was at the roxy, seen dude get stomped out and the city went ham after that

I was at the core of it. It was insane!!! Crazest I've ever personally seen. The fires and broken windows. I got slightly tear gassed, pepper sprayed, and beaten with a baton. CRAZY.

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

Originally Posted by sixzerofour

Man I just want to say that most of these instigators are NOT from vancouver. Most of the people who are participating in the actual vandalism are from the northern parts of BC or from the interior.

"VGH spokesman said 3 major injuries tonight, including man who fell at Georgia Viaduct and is in critical condition, stabbing, hd injury."
I've never been so ashamed of my city. The man who "fell" off the viaduct was a bruin fan, and it is speculated that he was pushed off. I have never missed the Grizzlies more than I do now. 
5 of my friends were injured, and one of my closest lady friends was tear gassed because she was trying to take care of her drunk friend...
In my life time I hope I never see the Canucks win a championship, if we can not lose with dignity, we respectfully do not deserve to win either.

... and this is coming from a Vancouverite born and raised.

I miss them too. I remember kids in school during P.E. used to wear long socks like Michael Dickerson. Only had a chance to go to one Grizzlies game. (During their last season here.) I had 2 Shareef Abdur-Raheem cards, wanted to get them autographed. They had the worst record in the league, but it was a home game against the Clippers, so I thought, there's no way they're going to lose. "I can meet Reef and get my cards autographed." Noooope.

After they lost, irate fans were throwing beers on them as they walked towards the locker rooms. The Clips came out after and I got my ticket signed by some players.

Vancouver doesn't deserve an NBA franchise though. Fan support was awful. The Canucks can do terrible and sell out, but no one was supporting the Grizz. Maybe another city in B.C. like Victoria. (The Steve Nash connection would help a lot. And when he retire's, maybe he could help make something like that happen.)
We're definitely in the minority when we rather watch the Grizzlies more than the Canucks.  Moved to Vancity in 92 and I honestly have never given a $%*$ about hockey, it's such a dumb $$@@#+ sport.  If we're gonna have riots like the one in '94 and the one tonight we might as well not have a hockey team here for the sake of the city. 

How do you know the people doing the rioting were from the interior and not from Lower Mainland? The rioters all looked dirty and dumb as hell.

Originally Posted by LanZeR23

This is crazy! I never saw the riot pictures until now.
No class right there Vancouver.
they riot everywhere after a big hockey game.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by LanZeR23

This is crazy! I never saw the riot pictures until now.
No class right there Vancouver.
they riot everywhere after a big hockey game.
i dont remember pgh riots when the pens lost to or beat detroit those two years

NHL should do something. Like in Serie A teams would have to play games for empty stadions because things like this.

Back
Top Bottom