Yo! They're going nuts in Vancouver right now.

eek.gif
eek.gif

Yeah, it froze. I refreshed the page and it ended up loading infinitely.

Oh wait, as I typed that it's back up.

EDIT: Froze again. I wonder how many people are watching this right now.

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If you were dumb enough to wear a B's jersey to Rogers Arena tonight, then you deserve what you got.........minus death or serious injury of course.
laugh.gif

so im guessing in your mind, dude who got beat up at the dodgers game a few months ago deserved it for having the nerve to pay for a ticket and cheer on his team on the road. the nerve of him and the nerve of any bruins fan living in the vancouver area tonight that decided to support their team and had to encounter these foolish parasites.
I'm assuming you missed the part where I said death and serious injury right? So, heckling and yelling is what I was referring to because that is essentially what opposing fans will receive in the oppositions rink/stadium etc......I was in no way saying you deserve to be beaten up or killed for wearing the opposing teams jersey to the home teams rink. Hence why I added the "minus death or serious injury".

what's your defenition of heckling and yelling?   regardless a fan should be able to cheer on their team on the road without fearing for their safety.  in that moblike atmosphere in vancouver tonight, i'd be fearing for my safety if i made the simple mistake of cheering on a team i like and that isn't right.

I went to the Canucks-Sharks game and I thought the Canuck fans were pretty well-behaved there, and there were a lot...I guess not...

^^^^

Don't judge the whole fanbase on these idiots on the street

and @Spidemachine,game 7 of the finals

I just got home from the madness... This is making our city look so bad it's sick. When I was leaving I probably saw at least 10 fights break out, people were looting several stores and people were stampeding through the crowds everytime tear gas was thrown. This is just disgusting.

The clean-up will not be fun tomorrow...

Originally Posted by Noskey

Canadians are definitely aboot that life.

I see what you did there.
nerd.gif

Damn shame.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Hope you Canadian NTers (and other Canadians, too) are safe.

Originally Posted by pianoman52

"minus death or serious injury". 
so i'm guessing MINOR injuries like throwing a garbage can at an older couple with Bruins jerseys, purposely cussing in front of my 7 year old kid with a Boston foamy finger, or even walking on top of a car with a Bruins sticker. All of that is okay cuz nobody died or got SERIOUSLY injured, right? righhtttt........
grin.gif

No sir, I'll rephrase and say ANY injury of ANY magnitude. I would NOT want an elderly couple to get injured in any way because they were wearing B's jerseys tonight, nor do i feel they deserve it. If Vancouver fans were cussing in front of your 7 year old kid because he/she was wearing a B's jersey, well
grin.gif
What did you think was going to happen if Vancouver were to lose? Walking on top of a car with a Bruins sticker? Point to me where I mentioned property being damaged was DESERVED. Thanks!

so im guessing in your mind, dude who got beat up at the dodgers game a few months ago deserved it for having the nerve to pay for a ticket and cheer on his team on the road. the nerve of him and the nerve of any bruins fan living in the vancouver area tonight that decided to support their team and had to encounter these foolish parasites.
I'm assuming you missed the part where I said death and serious injury right? So, heckling and yelling is what I was referring to because that is essentially what opposing fans will receive in the oppositions rink/stadium etc......I was in no way saying you deserve to be beaten up or killed for wearing the opposing teams jersey to the home teams rink. Hence why I added the "minus death or serious injury".

what's your defenition of heckling and yelling?   regardless a fan should be able to cheer on their team on the road without fearing for their safety.  in that moblike atmosphere in vancouver tonight, i'd be fearing for my safety if i made the simple mistake of cheering on a team i like and that isn't right.
I was simply referring to the normal heckling that would go on inside and outside of the arena pre/post game. "Your team sucks" blah blah.....that's what I meant by saying "anyone in a B's jersey deserves the heckling/yelling they receive tonight". You're clearly an instant target if you wear that jersey out tonight, it's just reality. I agree that one should not be fearing for their safety at a sporting event for wearing the opposing teams jersey, but you just have to know how stupid some people are and how quickly they will start crap over the smallest comment made. That's why I never rock the opposing teams jersey whenever I go out to a game, whether it's Game 7 of the Finals or game #30. I'm content with sitting in my seat and hoping my team wins, obviously some others are different and want to show support for their team by wearing jerseys. All I'm just saying you should know and expect that people will heckle you and you need to be prepared for that.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

^^^^

Don't judge the whole fanbase on these idiots on the street

and @Spidemachine,game 7 of the finals

that's how i feel too.  most those idiots bugging out, probably would never do that normally either but that moblike atmosphere brings out the worst in them

Man I just want to say that most of these instigators are NOT from vancouver. Most of the people who are participating in the actual vandalism are from the northern parts of BC or from the interior.

"VGH spokesman said 3 major injuries tonight, including man who fell at Georgia Viaduct and is in critical condition, stabbing, hd injury."
I've never been so ashamed of my city. The man who "fell" off the viaduct was a bruin fan, and it is speculated that he was pushed off. I have never missed the Grizzlies more than I do now. 
5 of my friends were injured, and one of my closest lady friends was tear gassed because she was trying to take care of her drunk friend...
In my life time I hope I never see the Canucks win a championship, if we can not lose with dignity, we respectfully do not deserve to win either.

... and this is coming from a Vancouverite born and raised.

FYI - to those with the "USA! USA! USA!" attitude, 90% of this year's Bruin team is from Canada.

It always seems like there are a couple hundred people who just hang out outside the venue and wait and start stuff. The perfect excuse to act out. Throw on a jersey and youre a "fan". They need to get rid of those fan zone gathering areas outside the arenas.. If youre not in a bar or inside the arena, there is no reason for a huge crowd gathering.. Same with the Laker riots. You got people who make their way to the arena. They need to close off all roads and not let anyone gather at said venue.. ONE WAY only

It always seems like there are a couple hundred people who just hang out outside the venue and wait and start stuff. The perfect excuse to act out. Throw on a jersey and youre a "fan". They need to get rid of those fan zone gathering areas outside the arenas.. If youre not in a bar or inside the arena, there is no reason for a huge crowd gathering.. Same with the Laker riots. You got people who make their way to the arena. They need to close off all roads and not let anyone gather at said venue.. ONE WAY only

Back
Top Bottom