Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

It took Nike, RL, etc, DECADES to build their empires.

Kanye wants what they have, but doesn't want to put in the time/effort.

10 years is not a long time and these fashion companies sure as hell aren't going to help him out...you think they want him getting a slice of their pie??

I seriously can't wait until this dudes life implodes, I'm sorry but I don't respect people who aren't humble about themselves.

Dude is seriously the most egotistical, illogical human-being I've ever seen.
True, but Nike owes #23 for being what they are now. Jordan's influence for Nike > Kanye's. He needs to sit his *** down on that matter.
you know for YEARS the nike air force 1 white on white is inone of the top spot of shoes sold for nike and not any jordan right

and stated in another thread

NO air jordan model has EVER outsold the nike air monarch
I see what you're saying, but without Jordan, Nike isn't the global brand that it is. They took his model of how you can market an athlete and applied to Sampras, Agassi, Jackson, Gretsky, Hardaway, Williams, James. He laid the blueprint for that, you can't deny it. AF1 are the number one seller because of pricing point. I get that, I was speaking solely on cultural influence. 
jordans dont even sell overseas like that they all about the runners
**** who knows tinker coulda still came up with those jordan designs later on his own without having jordan as the inspiration
again remember back in the day jordans didnt sell out like that
people wanted to be like mike
but they also wanted to be like bo, deion, griffey and countless others
if anything nike is lucky they got tinker cause who knows what jordans would have looked like without him
they also need to praise Kilgore

I don't understand Kanye at all after listening to his current interviews and he's repeated himself over and over. But at the end of the day I can understand how a rich black man could go crazy trying to venture into a avenue of a predominately white people. Eventho he's Kanye West they still see a *****.

Yet somehow people like Jay and Pharrell manage to break those barriers.

I'm not going to completely discredit the racist undertones here.

But let's not discredit that it might be the person these brands don't want to align themselves with, and not entirely the race.

That Taylor Swift incident was a product of the Henny dude was downing on the red carpet, son was gone....
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
dude was gone LOL.......those pics were hilarious on the red carpet 

I don't understand Kanye at all after listening to his current interviews and he's repeated himself over and over. But at the end of the day I can understand how a rich black man could go crazy trying to venture into a avenue of a predominately white people. Eventho he's Kanye West they still see a *****.

But let's not discredit that it might be the person these brands don't want to align themselves with, and not entirely the race.
THIS

Kanye West is going full Mel Gibson. No one understands what the hell he's doing. We aren't even sure if he knows himself.

@nawghtyhare  you can say he and Tinker made each other, but there is no way Nike is what they are now without MJ. The marriage just happened to come along at the right time and it exploded. The athletes you mentioned in your last response came after MJ, once again he was the new marketing blueprint that's still prevalent to this day. But I'm not going to derail this thread with that. We can discuss it later.

I do agree with @illphillip  , for what Kanye is trying to do with fashion, some of those brands just don't want to be represented by Kanye because of his track record of wreckless outbursts. 

@nawghtyhare
 you can say he and Tinker made each other, but there is no way Nike is what they are now without MJ. The marriage just happened to come along at the right time and it exploded. The athletes you mentioned in your last response came after MJ, once again he was the new marketing blueprint that's still prevalent to this day. But I'm not going to derail this thread with that. We can discuss it later.

I do agree with @illphillip
 , for what Kanye is trying to do with fashion, some of those brands just don't want to be represented by Kanye because of his track record of wreckless outbursts. 
good point

He stone faced me as if I'm not right....Kanye was on a whole other planet man...lol

Look at my screenname.....cmon son I know you're not that dense.

Any time you're facing a bottle of Henny you're bound to do some stupid ****. Doesn't help he had a 750 ml for himself. I've done some stupid **** just drinking a 375 myself in one night.

bruh nike coulda made the yeezy themselves :lol: all the designs had pieces of past models cmon now
u really think they was making hand over fist with dude
im telling u people dont care about yeezys like that a FEW do but a majority just want that resell value

Exactly my point....the yeezy is just a mosh up of other models nike had in the past, with a cool GID sole and his name attached to it, wether is resellers or fans, or hupebeasts, the shoe sold what 225$ MSRP?...and is 1000$+ years after release....the value just keeps increasing and with this recent move unless Nike decides to GR the red Octobers and retro all the other models, the resell value is only gonna go up, I can put up my solars for sale for 1400$ Right now and they'll be gone by next week....all because they are "YEEZYS"

Kanye is pushing 40.... he isnt going to be cool forever....His shoes aren't going to be cool forever.

There are more DS pairs of Yeezys sitting in closets than there are pairs being worn... as soon as Kanye falls off those shoes will be worthless.

I also think a retro is in the future... Yeezys only released in 2 colorways in relatively limited numbers, regardless of what stans and homers think those shoes did very little for Nikes bottom line...... Nikes not dumb and they stand to make alot more money cashing in while the iron is hot.

Last edited:
PHARRELL HAS DONE MORE IN THE FASHION INDUSTRY AND IS A BIGGER FASHION ICON THEN KANYE WEST IS... AND HE DOES IT ON THE LOW

Kanye doesn't influence anyone fashion wise besides a few teenagers who need the hottest late hype item and maybe the hip hop industry. He's going to boycott LV? Do you ever shop at LV? The people who spend majority of their money there are DEFINITELY NOT influenced by Kanye in any way. LV has been around for years and isn't going anywhere because the mighty Kanye said no to them. Neither is Nike.

BIG DEAL he sold out a few items. Keep in mind they are also made in very limited quantities. They don't supply every store with yeezys. There are people who don't even know what a Yeezy is. 

So is 40oz a fashion icon too? He's selling out some hats?

Pharrell was able to make BBC and ice cream huge and he didn't need another major company to co-sign, need their money or help to do it. I don't understand why Ye needs all this money when he has it to do what he wants. He has 2 Yeezus merch stores now and why can't he put out some designs on shirts and put them in the store. See if they sell out or not and that will be the true test. He's always talking about how he wants to make people's live "simple" and "easier" with fashion. How the f*** you gon make my life easier with fashion? My life is going to be easier by buying your tee. :rolleyes Really Ye. Really

When is an interviewer gonna ask..

Do you think your mom is proud of where you've come and what you have now?

Do you ever wish Donda was able to see her granddaughter?
or...
In Welcome to Heartbreak, you said "my friend showed me pictures of his kids and all I could show em was pictures of my cribs"

Now you have both. Don't you think you should take some time away from the spotlight to really experience life and not "Chase a better life and look back on things you missed"

... and watch kanye just break down. Dude is unstable. I can tell from the breakfast club interview when Charlemagne started pressing him on why he thinks Money = freedom and happiness Kanye started making up things he didn't really believe. His pauses and mannerisms tell me he definitely is trying to fill an emptiness somewhere. I know because I have the same issues.

When he lost his mom a lot went downhill from there. I hate seeing this new phase that he's going through and I hope it passes him. He made great music but once he got into fashion a whole new part of him came out. He's always talkin about New slaves and how we're slavin over expensive clothes and fashion when he's doing the same thing. You always see Balenciaga's on his feet and he's always wearing Givenchy, LV, and all these other high end designers but why? If you think we're slaves then why is he doing the same thing. What's he trying to prove.

I agree with all of this.

This thread is moving like wildfire. I go to the gym for an hour and a half and come back to three more pages.

He is though man. Before Kanye rocked RRL, Balenciaga, APC, Louboutin, came out with the Goyard bags, etc etc etc people were NOT on it like that.

:lol: People will def front all day like they've been on it, but they weren't. They weren't.....

It's people like you that I STRONGLY dislike. Yes, it's true you do have a point that the sheep that follow any and everything an artist or celebrity wears weren't hip to those brands before Kanye but you have REALIZE the world of fashion is bigger than Kanye West and those brands were worn before him. Certain people understand quality and just overall separating themselves from the NORM wanting to be different. For example I was wearing Polo since I was a child now I'm an adult and continue to wear Polo did Ye influence me? Like seriously it's a slap in the face to people who wear these brands as just everyday attire not as I want to be down fashion piece. :smh:

Kanye is pushing 40.... he isnt going to be cool forever....His shoes aren't going to be cool forever.

There are more DS pairs of Yeezys sitting in closets than there are pairs being worn... as soon as Kanye falls off those shoes will be worthless.

I also think a retro is in the future... Yeezys only released in 2 colorways in relatively limited numbers, regardless of what stans and homers think those shoes did very little for Nikes bottom line...... Nikes not dumb and they stand to make alot more money cashing in while the iron is hot.

Yeezys will never be worthless

They do, and behind the scenes of the partnerships endeavors Pharrell and Jay-Z have restrictions, and must follow guidelines that protect the interest of both parties. The company is really the one with their necks on the line, cuz at the end of the day it's just a side project for the the artist. Kanye wants 100% creative ability and that won't happen in any company no matter who you are. He can't accept that fact cuz his ego is gigantic and he doesn't want to answer to nobody. He can't just go out and make a company by himself cuz that requires billions, so he needs a partnership. So he's in a pickle. Either partner and not have entire creative input, or go broke trying to make a clothing company from scratch with little to zero business experience.

Last edited:
this couldve been a decent thread discussing frustrations within the creative community and arts, instead its just a buncha dudes arguing back and forth. people bashing people they dont know over someone else they dont know. Dudes an artist. many great artists are batshiet crazy. why do we get such a kick at building up celebrities so that we can slowly pick them apart? lets just let the man live.

I don't even rock with Kanye like that anymore but if you deny his influence on fashion, you're lying to yourself.

Pharell definitely was the first to have people copping expensive and exclusive the way Kanye claims he does. When the bape hoodies and ice creams were on top nothing was touching em in urban wear. If Kanye is Yeezus of fashion Pharell at least gets credit as John  LV Don the Baptist

this couldve been a decent thread discussing frustrations within the creative community and arts, instead its just a buncha dudes arguing back and forth. people bashing people they dont know over someone else they dont know. Dudes an artist. many great artists are batshiet crazy. why do we get such a kick at building up celebrities so that we can slowly pick them apart? lets just let the man live.

This is the internet! This is a forum where we have discussions about pretty much any and everything regardless of whether we know of the person personally or not. If you want to have discussions about people you know sit and talk with your friends, period. It's not a kick out of building up celebrities so we can slowly pick them apart it's about one's honest opinion. Kanye West is a musician, simply put who is now branching off into other en devours. Above all we know Kanye West for his great music, not for his fashion. People need stop being so enamored by a person that they can't speak their truth on them. If he puts out something I don't like has a fan I have the right to voice my opinion much like he does himself. I paid $300 to see him live and it was an amazing show however when he starts making some "******ED" statement about how he popularized Jordan's or just overall thought process is distorted we're going to call him out on it.

Last edited:
im not gonna front, i like kanye. 

but not just the music, the ambition to broaden his horizon. he goes out of the box with every album. i respect him for doing so and not staying in a comfort zone. 

he has bigger dreams, he has ideas he wants to come to fruition....let the man do what he wants. if he fails, he fails. but whats life without trying. 

no one has the right to say he doesnt deserve to try. high end fashion moguls can decline his request for funding, but he found it regardless. 

It took Nike, RL, etc, DECADES to build their empires.

Kanye wants what they have, but doesn't want to put in the time/effort.

10 years is not a long time and these fashion companies sure as hell aren't going to help him out...you think they want him getting a slice of their pie??

I seriously can't wait until this dudes life implodes, I'm sorry but I don't respect people who aren't humble about themselves.

Dude is seriously the most egotistical, illogical human-being I've ever seen.
True, but Nike owes #23 for being what they are now. Jordan's influence for Nike > Kanye's. He needs to sit his *** down on that matter.

That's not what he said in the interview though. At no point did he say that he wants them to just give him their "shop" and let him run wild with it.

IDK I listened to the interview and I completely got what he's saying, I've even felt the same way he felt with this thing. The mind of an extremely creative person is just different, and when you produce the results someone is asking for, hell when you exceed those results you don't expect those same people to shut the door on you. Of course it'll drive you crazy and having you ranting like a lunatic

Either way Sway did a great job asking him the questions that needed to be asked and hubris aside Kanye actually answered why he's so frustrated, he actually broke things down if you listen to the interview.......... Hell all this Illuminati/ conspiracy theory stuff he broke it down simply as he's a millionaire, being charged billionaire prices to get the right people in and his stuff off the ground..... and that's when they're not just outright ignoring him. He did what they asked, exceeded the results of what was given to him and now the billionaires in charge are shutting him down and telling him to go away and rap

Last edited:
Sway definitely put Kanye in his place, especially at the end when he made him apologize basically. He probably screams at his employees all the time.. Don C and Virgil etc but no one to tell him to chill..

Back
Top Bottom