Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

This dude's completely lost me.

Dude talking about hes Michaelangelo/Walt Disney/Steve Jobs/Andy Warhol etc etc... Even said Kim is M. Monroe. 
roll.gif
mean.gif

Kanye not seeing a dime from me.

Kanye copied Pharrell in the whole BBC/Bape/Ice Cream movement

Adding a raccoon tail doesn't make you iconic

Last edited:
LOL it really was hilarious when Kanye was saying Sway doesn't have the answers and Sway was like, "chill dude, I think you're an interesting person, I come to your shows because I think you're interesting, I listen to what you have to say because you're an interesting dude, I'm interviewing you to hear more about that stuff, to get the answers, let me ask my questions so I can get answers." He could barely get these words out with Kanye interrupting him so much though.

This is the internet! This is a forum where we have discussions about pretty much any and everything regardless of whether we know of the person personally or not. If you want to have discussions about people you know sit and talk with your friends, period. It's not a kick out of building up celebrities so we can slowly pick them apart it's about one's honest opinion. Kanye West is a musician, simply put who is now branching off into other en devours. Above all we know Kanye West for his great music, not for his fashion. People need stop being so enamored by a person that they can't speak their truth on them. If he puts out something I don't like has a fan I have the right to voice my opinion much like he does himself. I paid $300 to see him live and it was an amazing show however when he starts making some "******ED" statement about how he popularized Jordan's or just overall thought process is distorted we're going to call him out on it.
hah, easy bruh. as far as building up then picking apart celebrities, i was referring to society, not NT.

True, but i feel like people expect too much from him. dude is talented as hell, what does it matter if he makes outlandish statements, or if he genuinely is an a**hole? Lets just let him do his thing, if we dig the outcome then cool, if not no biggie. artists are supposed to take risks, thats the only way to grow. too many people getting amped up by the media and how they portray him. like "HEY LOOK, THATS THE GUY WE DONT LIKE, WE MUST ALL THROW THINGS AT HIM". megawack.

About the Yeezys, I thought they were a huge general release back in 2009? I remember Fox Hills mall had the white/white ones for the longest and also the light brown/grey ones. How and when did they become limited?

The full zip goes down as a street wear staple at one point right next to the all over print and BAPE brought that to the masses and Pharrell was the face of that. There is no way you can deny it's significance in fashion. Even BAPESTAs were so huge at one point that Nike had to copy them as far as releasing crazy colors.

You posted 5 people :lol:

2 of them work with Nike. 1 is on Roc Nation. And 2 Pop/Rock artists.

it goes beyond just celebs tho, it's everywhere, NT, instagram, twitter, rich kids.

Yeezy is def a huge influence. I mean I'm not saying he SHOULD be an icon, but that's the level people have elevated him to.

also, in regards to his influence in fashion.
dude made these an iconic accessory.
View media item 669838

Yup. People are still rockin those shades since he came out with them in 08.

Edit. Just heard Sway's interview. Ye saying J's are only popular because of him and Don C. :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: That is ridiculous. He must not know about the thousands of other people that were watching Jordan play during his prime years who still collect sneakers. What a dumb comment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom