Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

It took Nike, RL, etc, DECADES to build their empires.

Kanye wants what they have, but doesn't want to put in the time/effort.

10 years is not a long time and these fashion companies sure as hell aren't going to help him out...you think they want him getting a slice of their pie??

I seriously can't wait until this dudes life implodes, I'm sorry but I don't respect people who aren't humble about themselves.

Dude is seriously the most egotistical, illogical human-being I've ever seen.

"Jordan's are only popular at this point for 2 people me & Don C..." Kanye West need to KILL HIMSELF! Why do some of these n*ggas think that are so INFLUENTIAL. I'm low key annoyed!

Yeah I posted that in the other thread... :lol:

Dude lost me when he gave himself and Don c credit for the relevance of Jordan Brand...like son...

Kanye West is Steve Jobs, to Jay-Z's Bill Gates.

Jobs was the revolutionary, the product genius but Bill Gates figured out how to make the correct compromises monetize his **** for corporate America. Jay-Z's got that down, pat, he was the first to legitimize himself in the corporate sphere.

Kanye is still in that brash young Jobs frame of mind.

Steve Job transformed himself from a brash and emotional douchebag who was a terrible manager, into a great CEO, who built a company that will last long after he is dead.

I see the same things in Kanye, like I said bet against him if you want, I'll buy all the Kanye stock you have.

First time I've ever seen Kanye get sonned. Thought he was gonna go off and walk off the set but Sway handled that crazy well

I think one of my favorite artists' Trent Reznor said it best about Kanye, another of my favorite artists'.....

so awesome right there. thanks for posting that. reznor is very intelligent and articulate and definitely no stranger to depression, rage and madness.

PHARRELL HAS DONE MORE IN THE FASHION INDUSTRY AND IS A BIGGER FASHION ICON THEN KANYE WEST IS... AND HE DOES IT ON THE LOW

Kanye doesn't influence anyone fashion wise besides a few teenagers who need the hottest late hype item and maybe the hip hop industry. He's going to boycott LV? Do you ever shop at LV? The people who spend majority of their money there are DEFINITELY NOT influenced by Kanye in any way. LV has been around for years and isn't going anywhere because the mighty Kanye said no to them. Neither is Nike.

I'm not saying LV or nike will crumble without Kanye :rofl:

I'm just saying his name = $$$

Why is it so hard for some of you to admit to that....geez...it is not rocket science, it's not about comparing him to Cam or Pharrel.
bruh nike coulda made the yeezy themselves :lol: all the designs had pieces of past models cmon now
u really think they was making hand over fist with dude
im telling u people dont care about yeezys like that a FEW do but a majority just want that resell value

Is putting out clothes really that serious? I dont understand the significance of this, someone please explain.

Kanye is like the kid that doesn't get any PT and swears its because the coach doesn't like him.

Like, you're good enough to make the squad, but I'm def not putting the ball in your hands.
He's not "like" that kid.. he IS that kid. He's told a story about that happening to him before

"I think you got to make your case," he says. "Seventh grade, I wanted to be on the basketball team. I didn't get on the team, so that summer I practiced. I was on the summer league. My team won the championship; I was the point guard. And then when I went for eighth grade, I practiced and I hit every free throw, every layup, and the next day I looked on the chart, and my name wasn't on it. I asked the coach what's up, and they were like, 'You're just not on it.' I was like, 'But I hit every shot.' The next year—I was on the junior team when I was a freshman, that's how good I was. But I wasn't on my eighth-grade team, because some coach—some Grammy, some reviewer, some fashion person, some blah blah blah—they're all the same as that coach. Where I didn't feel that I had a position in eighth grade to scream and say, 'Because I hit every one of my shots, I deserve to be on this team!' I'm letting it out on everybody who doesn't want to give me my credit."

:wow: :wow:

Kanye has lost his mind
roll.gif

Yeah Kanye should just focus on music, dude wants to dip his hands in too many things, his little thing with Nike was cool, live the yeezys, he didn't have to ruin it, even his collabs with LV but at 3k per shoe....I rather admire it from a distance....Ye' is not really looking out for his fans at all, dude just want to put his stamp in the fashion/pop world at the highest level.

this is the type of thinking Ye is talking about...just because he's a dope musician doesn't mean he can't excel in other arenas...what if he tis the next Ralph Lauren and people are trying to tell him he can't be that...he's said numerous times that he wants to deliver quality products at a reasonable price point...and as much money as Ye has, i don't think he has enough to build factories (especially in America) and mass produce to the point that he wants and to the quality that he wants...i think his claims are reasonable, but just isn't good at getting his point out as accurately as it is in his head...

I don't understand why people call this guy a "fashion icon" besides the yeezys and a hand full of people rocking t-skirts with man purses I just don't see it. It wasn't too long ago dude was rocking baggy jeans and white tees.

He is though man. Before Kanye rocked RRL, Balenciaga, APC, Louboutin, came out with the Goyard bags, etc etc etc people were NOT on it like that.

:lol: People will def front all day like they've been on it, but they weren't. They weren't.....

Can someone explain to me how Pharrell is a fashion icon?

Not disagreeing, just wanna know why.

Kanye West is Steve Jobs, to Jay-Z's Bill Gates.

Jobs was the revolutionary, the product genius but Bill Gates figured out how to make the correct compromises monetize his **** for corporate America. Jay-Z's got that down, pat, he was the first to legitimize himself in the corporate sphere.

Kanye is still in that brash young Jobs frame of mind.

Steve Job transformed himself from a brash and emotional douchebag who was a terrible manager, into a great CEO, who built a company that will last long after he is dead.

I see the same things in Kanye, like I said bet against him if you want, I'll buy all the Kanye stock you have.
:lol: he was STILL that guy
have u not read stories about life before his passing

Really??

Wow....

I've seen people with everything from his LV collab to his APC collab, Yeezy the whole 9 from NY to AZ. Shocked to hear that you don't see that in Frisco of all places.

I know people from the Bay that have it in their personal collection but I just don't think it is a shoe that is worn among the masses to be considered a whole style influence. Perhaps it is the cost that is the issue. I have definitely seen other influenced hit the street like the whole colored pants thing, jogging pants are semi trending but I think tailored pants/jeans are making an impact more so and denim button ups are big right now too. Also perhaps people in the Bay keep things relatively simple. You can still catch people just wearing white tee's, jeans and some nice shoes all the time.

Yo I get out a good amount and rarely see anyone copying these supposed trends Ye has started. I live in the DMV and I just don't see it. Maybe I need to be in NYC or Chi or something?

You guys been looking at the celebrities wearing heat and hypebeast thread too much.

I don't see Ye's fashion as a influence in the real world.

On Niketalk, on KTT, on the internet blogs, hip hop industry. Yeah he clearly has some influence.

Mass appeal? Hell no.
thats what he's argueing...he has a following and can easily slap a logo on a tee and sell in the urban communities....no doubt. if it was about money, he'd do this in a hot second.
he was right when he said he is the modern day rockstar. how many athletes, actors and other famous ppl are wearing yeezys, wearing leather pants, wearing givnchy now.

entertainers in general influence the masses, and you cant say kanye isnt one of the biggest entertainers in the world. 

100% true. This is why I'm confused a bit as to why hes having so much trouble breaking into the high upscale fashion world.

Look at all these athletes, Nick young, russ westbrook, DWade, etc. All doing what kanye did dressing wisd

bruh nike coulda made the yeezy themselves :lol: all the designs had pieces of past models cmon now
u really think they was making hand over fist with dude
im telling u people dont care about yeezys like that a FEW do but a majority just want that resell value

Exactly my point....the yeezy is just a mosh up of other models nike had in the past, with a cool GID sole and his name attached to it, wether is resellers or fans, or hupebeasts, the shoe sold what 225$ MSRP?...and is 1000$+ years after release....the value just keeps increasing and with this recent move unless Nike decides to GR the red Octobers and retro all the other models, the resell value is only gonna go up, I can put up my solars for sale for 1400$ Right now and they'll be gone by next week....all because they are "YEEZYS"

I think this Adidas move can be a real test in Kanye's strength in the fashion world. Adidas is no Nike by any means but they are also no Reebok either. I have no doubt that Kanye will sell shoes for the 3 stripe but I wonder if his shoe will go down as a classic like his Nike shoe did. Let's just hope he doesn't be come the G-Unit of Adidas.

And no way Kanye gets the nod for making pink polo's famous. Most of the people that I saw that did it were white and I know they weren't wearing it like Kanye. Even the skinny pants thing. Kanye didn't make that popular. There is no way.....unless you are pigeon holing only the hip-hop generation.

Same thing with him saying it was him and Don C as the reason that JB retroed Jordans. Dude is trippin.

Adidas has their own market where they can sell the shelltoes and Sambas on one side, then flip and still sell the high end Y-3 line WITH jeans, jackets etc. to a degree that none of these other brands can do.

Last edited:
:lol: he was STILL that guy
have u not read stories about life before his passing

what are you talking about?

Why do you think he was ousted from apple? he was a bad manager. go read any account about the first time he left apple. brash, incredibly emotional.

kanye has got to find that right mix like Jobs did.

When is an interviewer gonna ask..
Do you think your mom is proud of where you've come and what you have now?
Do you ever wish Donda was able to see her granddaughter?

or...

In Welcome to Heartbreak, you said "my friend showed me pictures of his kids and all I could show em was pictures of my cribs"
Now you have both. Don't you think you should take some time away from the spotlight to really experience life and not "Chase a better life and look back on things you missed"

... and watch kanye just break down. Dude is unstable. I can tell from the breakfast club interview when Charlemagne started pressing him on why he thinks Money = freedom and happiness Kanye started making up things he didn't really believe. His pauses and mannerisms tell me he definitely is trying to fill an emptiness somewhere. I know because I have the same issues.

Can someone explain to me how Pharrell is a fashion icon?

Not disagreeing, just wanna know why.

IMO.....I just think Pharrell didn't wear what was trending in hip-hop that made him stick out as someone different. I do give him credit for making BAPE huge before Weezy and others killed it. He definitely made the trucker hat hip in the hip hop community.

I don't understand why people call this guy a "fashion icon" besides the yeezys and a hand full of people rocking t-skirts with man purses I just don't see it. It wasn't too long ago dude was rocking baggy jeans and white tees.

He is though man. Before Kanye rocked RRL, Balenciaga, APC, Louboutin, came out with the Goyard bags, etc etc etc people were NOT on it like that.

:lol: People will def front all day like they've been on it, but they weren't. They weren't.....
not sure if srs

Living in that NT bubble

Back
Top Bottom