You could have went pro?

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

couldve went D1...i was a leading rusher in the CHSFL and was in the Daily News and all that..never made a highlight film nor hit the gym..too busy chasing
devil.gif
Man, !#% is CHSFL. It wasnt your inability to "make a highlight film" that didnt get you into a D1 college, is was your lack of skill. This thread is full of ducktales.

"Yea i could of earned a scholarship, and then went pro, but idk i dont an education or money so i said no"
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
helll you seem so upset for? Catholic High School Football League. If I never took the time out to make a highlight tape to send back to schools that were interested to show them more of my game, then I don't see why they would still want me. Definitely don't have a reason to lie on the internet duke.

Originally Posted by bns1201

no but everyone i know couldve went pro if "they had my height"

im 6'11 +@+

eek.gif
 damn, anybody 6'11 can basically get a scholarship to at least a D2 school just off height alone.

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

Originally Posted by bns1201

no but everyone i know couldve went pro if "they had my height"

im 6'11 +@+

eek.gif
 damn, anybody 6'11 can basically get a scholarship to at least a D2 school just off height alone.

im athletic too, just my athleticism is spread across like 9 sports so im mediocre at all of them. but my dad coaches in NJCAA (yea i used to play ball...didnt really llike it) and he was thinking of having me go to his school for 2 years and then go to a 4 year school somewhere after.

I dont know if I could have gone pro but I was very good at inline speed skating but quit in 3rd grade. I remember reading in the newspaper a couple
years back that my old rival/friend from speed skating had just finished World Championships in [size=-1]Venezuela and was training for the Olympics.
I almost died when I read that

[/size]

I won't come in here and spout off a bunch of duck tales. I played football my freshman year of college, played a lot actually but we sucked and my coach and teammates were just going through the motions so I lost all respect for them and transferred. After I transferred and had to be a "regular" student for the first time in my life I completely floundered and couldn't play.  I only played in college because 1) my coach told me I would never be any good my freshman year of high school and I wanted to prove him wrong and 2) my old man played in the league and it was what people "expected." I'm happy just playing flag these days...

In my mind I was going to go pro via undrafted. Dislocated my hip in the offseason of my sophmore year in college. That derailed that little dream
laugh.gif
and really put everything into perspective. Got my degree and moved on

tired.gif

blew my knee out a la mcghee junior year. had a virus where i went from 180 to 130. i doubt i would have made it to the nfl, but i could have def made it to a d1/d2 school easy if i was healthy.

oh well.

Could have did football...but I didn't get along with the coach...got kicked off
smh.gif

Originally Posted by doosta45

tired.gif

blew my knee out a la mcghee junior year. had a virus where i went from 180 to 130. i doubt i would have made it to the nfl, but i could have def made it to a d1/d2 school easy if i was healthy.

oh well.

I get the feeling some of you guys haven't seen much D2 or D3 ball.

No one makes it to a D1 or D2 "easy". The number one high school scorer of all time in Minnesota goes to D2 Augustana, we're talking a kid that scored 3400+ points in his career. At my D3, we've got at least two hoopers that could play low D1. Our main guy had a Creighton scout watching his intramural games after our coaching change. We've also got a kid that averaged 26 ppg and 13 rpg in high school and single-handedly carried his team to the state tournament... and he landed with us.

In high school we used to joke about the local D3, like "yeah I could play there for sure" but the reality is that at competitive D3's you find plenty of kids who could play one, sometimes two levels up. D2 Winona State could have unseated half the D1 teams in the country a few years back, hey they beat Drake and Minnesota. I'm rambling but what I'm trying to say is that plenty of posters in this thread need to attend a D2 or D3 game and still tell me if they could make it "easy".

ai3mac1wrote:
tecca nenawrote:
Originally Posted by ai3mac1

averaged31 and 34 ppg for my varsity high school team in my junior and senioryear. I played for Oak Hill Academy. But my family was really againstme playin professional sport so decided to turn down all my collegeoffers. Damnnn was 95% sure to make it to the big league aswell.

scholarship?

was offered by NC state, Indiana ,Illinois some other ones but turned themdown

So your family forced you to turn down a free ride to college? Right...
alien.gif

And there's no way that anyone averaged 34 ppg at Oak Hill... you think anyone on that team would let someone take that many shots?
roll.gif
yeah cause the rest of the kids are slouches.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

I should've never quit soccer - I was the only one on my club team that didn't play in college, I was pissed at a lot of politics and just quit...

...matter of fact, it was the coach at Temple that got me into the school, but I got there and just said, ''*@*! it'' - I regret that decision to this very day.

Couple of my friends had quick stints (and some are still playing) in the MLS: Judah and Micah Cooks, Chino, Kenny Arena (Bruce's son), and Amir Lowery...

...everything happens for a reason I suppose and it definitely burns to watch a MLS game and see people playing that I know I'm better than, but if I never quit soccer and learned the valuable lesson of how lame it feels to be a quitter and let behind the scene politics and sneak talk get to you so much that you turn your back on your God-given talent - I would've dropped outta law school.

Life lesson learned...
I know how you feel for the most part... but I should have been more adventurous and gone outside my comfort zone. I decided not to continue as well into college. I might have gone to Notre Dame but basically bailed on any coach that called me. My previous coach got my name and number from my high school and called me... pretty stalkerish.

I pissed off another coach by applying to his school, getting accepted, and then not going. I probably wouldnt have gone pro, but my eczema on my ankles killed me. I am happy I made the decision to rest and clear it up and now i dont tape my ankles anymore and play freely. 

I play the college girls sometimes and they are pretty easy. (sorry forgot to mention, im a female as well) If i actually tried more, and trained like I use to, I could get a little farther, not pro though. But I havent found that happy medium where I can play for a purpose. I've noticed though when anyone wears their college uniform, I play harder and surprise them. I love being underestimated.

Originally Posted by msyakuza

I know how you feel for the most part... but I should have been more adventurous and gone outside my comfort zone. I decided not to continue as well into college. I might have gone to Notre Dame but basically bailed on any coach that called me. My previous coach got my name and number from my high school and called me... pretty stalkerish.

I pissed off another coach by applying to his school, getting accepted, and then not going. I probably wouldnt have gone pro, but my eczema on my ankles killed me. I am happy I made the decision to rest and clear it up and now i dont tape my ankles anymore and play freely. 

I play the college girls sometimes and they are pretty easy. (sorry forgot to mention, im a female as well) If i actually tried more, and trained like I use to, I could get a little farther, not pro though. But I havent found that happy medium where I can play for a purpose. I've noticed though when anyone wears their college uniform, I play harder and surprise them. I love being underestimated.

Just wondering, but why did you not like the attention from coaches? Because some of my friends couldn't get enough of it when they were recruited. Were you shy about it?

And you have to know that coaches will do anything to get in contact with you, that coach finding your number is a pretty normal scenario. How else are they supposed to recruit you?

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

alien.gif

And there's no way that anyone averaged 34 ppg at Oak Hill... you think anyone on that team would let someone take that many shots?
roll.gif

Well Brandon Jennings averaged 33 points and 7 assists. But then again, that's probably why he ended up being a lottery pick
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

alien.gif

roll.gif

Well Brandon Jennings averaged 33 points and 7 assists. But then again, that's probably why he ended up being a lottery pick
laugh.gif

What I should have said is that there's no way a no-namer dropped 34 per at Oak Hill. I'm sure Melo and Jennings had their moments, but then again they're superstars. If you performed like that, at Oak Hill, you'd probably have an offer from every school in the country.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

alien.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

What I should have said is that there's no way a no-namer dropped 34 per at Oak Hill. I'm sure Melo and Jennings had their moments, but then again they're superstars. If you performed like that, at Oak Hill, you'd probably have an offer from every school in the country.
Basically.

Dude act like he went to some backwater school. We can pull stats from Oak Hill
laugh.gif

I played D3 and D1 (scout team player in D1, barely ever dressed). No, i did not think I was gonna go pro at all. 3 guys on the D1 team I went to thought they were gonna go pro, at least in a minor league or overseas. Nah, that never happened. Mostly they didn't have the work ethic and thought it was going to be handed to em.

To go tot he NBA, you have to be EXCEPTIONAL at a few things and REALLY good at a few others. Sure, a few bums might slip through (Tyrus Thomas - athleticism) every once in a while or some guys climb through the ranks with hard work and luck (Anthony Parker), but not often.

And BTW, D3 and D2 is no joke. At my D3 school, we had a guy that could shoot lights out, he just was not athletic at all. He still put up 20+ from just set jump shots, and not even 3s. And he wasn't even the first offensive option! Plus, D3 is full of dudes who actually value their education and don't want sports to be their "job" while their in school. Make no mistake about it though, some of them are COLD. Plus everyone is D3 is usually smaller in height and not as athletic, so it's put into perspective.

Originally Posted by Name I Koop

I had the opportunity to attend a CFL combine but years of chronic hamstring pulls killed that dream....then I re-ignited the dream in 08 and broke my leg in my 3rd game.....I still play, but I don't have the quickness I need...plus I'm old as hell....all those injuries really take a toll on you....

It wasn't until after I graduated out of University that I discovered the real reasons for my hamstring problems...
what's the reason(s)?

Back
Top Bottom