You want to know more about the drug war? Here you go.

sillyputty

Banned
I present to you, Barry Seal.
Its amazing how much of this stuff is in the public domain and you all REFUSE to look it up. 

Whatever, keep supporting the system and not asking questions. 

Also, before you say "this is all wikipedia!" ...check the sources at the bottom. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Seal

200px-Barry_Seal.JPG

[h1]Barry Seal[/h1][table][tr][th=""]Barry Seal[/th][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Born[/th][td]Adler Berriman Seal
July 16, 1939
Baton Rouge, Louisiana[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Died[/th][td]February 19, 1986
Baton Rouge, Louisiana[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Cause[/th][td]Gunshot[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Charge(s)[/th][td]Conspiracy to smuggle narcotics[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Occupation[/th][td]Pilot[/td][/tr][/table]
Adler Berriman Seal (July 16, 1939 – February 19, 1986), better known as Barry Seal, was a United States drug smuggler and aircraft pilot who flew covert flights for the Central Intelligence Agencyand the Medellín Cartel.
[h2][edit] Early life[/h2]
Seal was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and began flying at the age of 15. In 1955, he received his pilot's license at the age of 16 and joined the Civil Air Patrol (CAP), whose members at the time also included Lee Harvey Oswald andDavid Ferrie.[sup][2][/sup]
[h2][edit] Military/CIA work[/h2]
Seal was later linked through a dated photograph to Operation 40, a covert CIA operation whose members included; Tosh PlumleeFrank Sturgis, future CIA Director Porter Goss and anti-Castro operatives involved in the Bay of Pigs Invasion.

He also joined US Army Special Forces to continue flight training. In 1966, Seal went to work for TWA as a flight engineer and later became the youngest 747 pilot in the nation. He flew transcontinental flights for TWA until he was fired after he agreed to fly plastic explosives from Miami to Mexico for an anti-Castro group. The buyer turned out to be a Federal Agent and he was arrested. He lost his job with TWA and became a private aviation consultant for groups in Latin America, which led to a career in drug trafficking.[sup][3][/sup]
[h2][edit] Drug smuggler[/h2]
In 1980, Seal began working for the Ochoa family and the Medellín Cartel transporting more lucrative cocaine shipments.[sup][4][/sup]

After he made contacts with various Latin American drug producing organizations Seal began to develop his smuggling strategy. By 1981 he worked mainly for the Ochoa family and the Medellín Cartel transporting more lucrative cocaineshipments. This is according to the Frontline documentary on the "drug war". He then became one of the largest transportation rings for the cartel in the US.[sup][4][/sup]

Seal began his drug smuggling career in 1976 after he lost his job with TWA. He initially worked with South American cannabis growers. Then he began to move cocaine shipments along with his general smuggling business. In 1979 he was arrested in Honduras and spent nine months in jail. Once released he met another contract pilot, William Roger Reaves, who agreed to introduce him to the Ochoa family. The Ochoas with Jorge Luis Ochoa Vasquez as their leader, headed theMedellín Cartel.[sup][5][/sup]

After successful runs into his homebase in Louisiana he moved operations to an infamous airport facility in Mena, Arkansas. There he owned and operated many planes and helicopters and advanced radar equipment. This includes the C-123transport plane which was used famously in the Nicaragua sting operation. "All of his aircraft were equipped with the most expensive cryptic radio communications we had ever seen at that time," said DEA Agent Ernest Jacobsen. The operation was very successful until Seal was indicted on conspiracy to smuggleQuaaludes into Florida in 1984.[sup][6][/sup] While operating for the Medellín Cartel, Seal went by the alias, "Ellis Mackenzie."[sup][7][/sup]
[h2][edit] Undercover Informant[/h2]
In order to avoid a long prison sentence, Seal contacted law enforcement authorities. He was turned down initially by local prosecutors and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), agents in Miami. He flew to Washington D.C. and contacted agents in the Vice President's drug task force. After some deliberation they decided to use Seal as a high level informant against the Medellín Cartel.[sup][8][/sup]According the Frontline Godfather of Cocaine Investigation, "Jake Jacobsen was Seal's DEA handler. Jacobsen still has the high-tech message encrypter which Seal gave him." Ernest "Jake" Jacobson was the DEA agent assigned to Seal during this period.[sup][6][/sup] In order to mitigate his 1984 arrest in Fort Lauderdale, Florida for money laundering and Quaalude smuggling, he agreed to testify against his former employers and associates in the drug trade, putting several of them in jail. Among those Seal testified against were Chief Minister of the Turks and Caicos Islands Norman Saunders and members of the Medellín Cartel. Seal also testified before the President's Commission on Organized Crime in October 1985.[sup][9][/sup]

Using a concealed camera installed by the CIA, Seal took pictures during theNicaragua sting operation that clearly showed Pablo Escobar, Jorge Ochoa, and other members the Colombian Cartel loading kilos of cocaine on to a C-123 transport plane. Also Frederico Vaughan, an associate of Tomas Borges of the Interior Ministry of Nicaragua was photographed with Sandanista Soldiers helping load the plane.

Seal's demise began when Dianne Feinstein allegedly leaked information about the DEA operation for political purposes; this eventually led to the Cartel identifying him as an informant and assassinating him.

Seal was both a smuggler and an informant for DEA in this sting operationagainst the Sandinista government in Nicaragua. In 1984 Seal flew from Nicaragua to Homestead Air Force Base in Florida with a shipment of cocainethat had been allegedly brokered through the Sandinista government.[sup][10][/sup] This cocaine was seized by the DEA, and was never received by the cartel's distribution handlers in Florida, which immediately caused suspicion in Medellín pointing to Barry Seal as the person responsible for this lost shipment.[sup][5][/sup]

A story appeared in the Washington Times in 1984 describing the infiltration of the Medellín cartel's operations in Panama and Nicaragua.[sup][11][/sup] The story was based on a leak from a congresswoman(Diane Feinstein), whom in turn had been briefed by Oliver North, who in turn claims he had been ordered to do so by a higher authority. The alleged purpose was to prove the Nicaraguan Sandinistas' involvement in the drug trade and to build support for the Contra war effort. This leak and subsequent controversy eventually led to the Iran Contra Affairwhich unraveled a year later.[sup][12][/sup]

The The Wall Street Journal also printed the story. The media coverage indirectly exposed Seal's involvement in the operation. Also the articles exposed Colombian cartel leaders and a Nicaraguan Interior Minister who were photographed moving cocaine onto an aircraft. Despite these pressures, Seal went ahead and testified the pictures taken during the trip showed Sandinista officials in NIcaragua brokering a cocaine deal with members of Colombia's Medellín Cartel, One month after Seal's death on March 16, 1986, President Reagan showed one of the photographs Seal took on national television, to bolster Congressional support for the Contras, He suggested that a top ranking Sandinista official was involved in drug smuggling.[sup][11][/sup]

DEA officials in Washington denied the claim a few days later, pointing out that the Nicaraguan was a local fixer. Regardless, the publicity accorded the sting, combined with Seal's assassination, led to years of speculation that the smuggler had close ties to the CIA.[sup][9][/sup]

As part of his plea agreement, Seal was ordered to a halfway house in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. where he was murdered by hired Colombian assassins for the Medellin Cartel. His story was made into a film in 1991 by HBO, Doublecrossed (he was acted by Dennis Hopper).
[h2][edit] Death[/h2]

On February 19, 1986, Barry Seal was shot to death in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in front of a branch of the Salvation Army on Airline Hwy, where he was required to stay as a condition of his plea bargain, making him an easy target for retaliation. As he sat in his parked Cadillac, a man carrying a Mac-10 machine pistol approached him. He then emptied a magazine into his body, neck and head, killing Seal instantly, which brought the DEA's most important investigation to an end. Colombian assassins sent by the Medellín Cartel were apprehended while trying to leave Louisiana soon after Seal's murder.[sup][13][/sup]

In 1987, Luis Carlo Quintero-Cruz (the trigger man), Miguel Velez, and Bernardo Antonio Vasquez, were convicted of the slaying of Barry Seal and sentenced to life in prison.[sup][14][/sup]
[h2][edit] References[/h2][h2][edit] Further reading[/h2]

The CIA is probably the most interesting group in the world along with MI5 and the Mossad. This is a great post, I wish more people were interested.

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

The CIA is probably the most interesting group in the world along with MI5 and the Mossad. This is a great post, I wish more people were interested.

The more I learn about Mossad, I get a little scared. They give NO ****'s. None. 
They're straight POPPING Iranian scientists as they go for coffee runs just to prevent Irans nuclear program from taking off. 

And they don't even care that other people know 
eek.gif

Apparently thinking that god gave you a piece of land entitles you to have the hugest balls on the block. 

This is very interesting. Especially Mossad's operations such as "Wrath of God". These guys are no joke.

I posted this in another thread, but a former coworker of mine was friends with Barry and used to help him make drug runs back in the 80's. He just randomly told me about it out of the blue one day
laugh.gif
He met him in church in Louisiana before he was a drug-running pilot. He said they tried really hard to get him put in some protective custody or to let his friends serve as his body guards during the trial but they didn't allow it and he was shot down soon afterwards.
30t6p3b.gif
He said the government pretty much f'd him over by using him and blowing his cover and then not offering him any sort of protection from the cartels.

+ the ISI.

Meh. NSA. An organization that is bigger than both the FBI and CIA, and yet, the one that people know the least about.
I would just say that the NSA has had to keep up with what every American should understand just from their daily life has been an absolute stunning revolution in technical -- in technical - technology and in communications technology, in particular.
I mean...it gets worse...

One listening post, for example, in central England, Menwith Hill station, according to one of the former directors of NSA, collects about two million pieces of communications an hour. So it's a tremendously powerful agency for collecting and eavesdropping on information.
That's one listening post. One. Two million pieces of communications in ONE hour. And the NSA isn't just collecting information from international places. The NSA hijacks satellites, internet access points, and probably had their fair share of involvement concerning the speedy approval of the FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act,) and are probably behind countless acts of cyber terrorism across the world.

I'd take a look at Stuxnet to get an idea of what they're capable of. While no one has claimed responsibility for it, I think it's pretty clear that the NSA was involved. I know a lot of people don't have a computer science background...but the implications behind that virus...
eek.gif

Wow...I kind of went on a tangent...so...yeah.

I'm up on stuxnet, I spend a lot of time on infosec. I forgot about the NSA. I remember hearing things about an NSA/Google tie that I never researched further.

StuxNet bascially confirmed that we are where we thought we would be.

China hacked our satellites the other day.

There is a secret war going on and the internet is the frontier.

Ya'll forgot that they had the internet back in the 70s though ...
eyes.gif

Where was that one story of how they were listening to this soccer mom's convo because she said her son's soccer game was "the bomb"
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

one of my best freinds jus got a job about 7 months ago for the NSA... doing IT stuff

NSA > all other intellegency agencies

i once got recruited to a seminar when i was 18 (at an engineering camp @ PSU), they kicked me out after like the second round of tests
laugh.gif
i believe there were 5 before they even consulted you on a one on one basis

you have to be a genius, idiot savant, or die hard patriot with above average intelligence to even get looked it

Its amazing how much of this stuff is in the public domain and you all REFUSE to look it up. just looked it up today.
It's amazing how much you enjoy scolding people for failing to know about things you just learned yourself.  (The 18th must've been especially rough on you.  No reddit, no wikipedia, and no NikeTalk to preach about what you read on reddit and wikipedia!)  
"Oh, de beers GOT Y'ALL AGAIN!"  "SOPA isn't the only act to threaten the Internet, you simpletons!"  "The CIA sold drugs to the ghetto!  How could you poor, blind fools not know about this?!"  Oh, but not you, right?  You're one step ahead... of the people you're insulting.  

The only problem is that many people DO know about these things.  They have for years now.  All of these topics have even been posted on NikeTalk before - multiple times.  (Yes, even net neutrality.)

If you want to talk about these subjects, great, but do yourself a favor and drop the condescension.  It's getting old. 

Originally Posted by Method Man

Its amazing how much of this stuff is in the public domain and you all REFUSE to look it up. just looked it up today.
It's amazing how much you enjoy scolding people for failing to know about things you just learned yourself.  (The 18th must've been especially rough on you.  No reddit, no wikipedia, and no NikeTalk to preach about what you read on reddit and wikipedia!)  
"Oh, de beers GOT Y'ALL AGAIN!"  "SOPA isn't the only act to threaten the Internet, you simpletons!"  "The CIA sold drugs to the ghetto!  How could you poor, blind fools not know about this?!"  Oh, but not you, right?  You're one step ahead... of the people you're insulting.  

The only problem is that many people DO know about these things.  They have for years now.  All of these topics have even been posted on NikeTalk before - multiple times.  (Yes, even net neutrality.)

If you want to talk about these subjects, great, but do yourself a favor and drop the condescension.  It's getting old. 

That Atheist swag 
pimp.gif

Meth beat me to it, before you even presented the information you were already mocking your audience with insults and condescension. If you want to present a message, that's a positive.. but your delivery automatically puts people in the defensive, it doesn't yield a productive discussion. ESPECIALLY since you're not engaging in a direct debate with a person, this is the opening post and you're already firing shots.

It distracts from the content.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

That Atheist swag 
pimp.gif

LMAO let that boy cook, haha, no but seriously i always think the same thing meth. like this dude really thinks he leaps ahead of everyone, honestly this guy has NEVER posted anything i havent already known

Yo Meth you need to hit the ignore button on Sillyputty. He reallly grinds your gears 
laugh.gif

I swear every time he post, I feel like daddy just walked in the room

Spoiler [+]
"leave silly putty alone"

Bruh... Thank you. 

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

Oil companies run the world....
frown.gif
Oil companies, banks, and high level government agencies run the world.

By high level I mean CIA,

I recommend a graphic novel called Brought To Light by Alan Moore (the man who wrote Watchmen) The section called Shadowplay: The Secret Team tells a really interesting story about the history of The Company.

Wrote this in a thread back in March...of 2009. (There is also an audio version which I think is far superior to the graphic novel btw if you can find it.)

But thanks for this new and groundbreaking info sillyputty.

THANK YOU!
Anymore I just stop reading in threads where sillyputty posts. 

amazed.gif

Back
Top Bottom