You want to work in accounting?

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

You life will be hell...I can tell you from experience, you are going to work at least 10 hours a day, and probably sleep 4-5 hours on a good day. Once you leave work, it does not mean your work is over...You really, REALLY need to love what you do to continue

Angel

That's pretty much for all the professions. I have many friends like that. 1 friend is a corporate lawyer, makes well over 300k a year, hates lifebecause he's always at work, and he has no time to enjoy any of it. The other is a lawyer, but small time, makes a little over 100k and enjoy life to themax. The corporation lawyer is doing it because it pays the bill, he no longer has the passion for it.

My friend works at Sterling's firm in Beverly Hills, and he's also up to his neck in work. Hasn't gone out for a couple of weeks now. Ipersonally can't see myself doing this for the rest of my life. All 3 people that I know who are accountants started out at mid $40k a year fresh fromcollege, not too bad for a rookie IMO.

60 hours a week, for a short interval a year is nothing wowsing at all. Doctors, nurses, pilots, etc. do it year round.

Back
Top Bottom